Drafting A RB This Year?

the lone star

1 hour ago, plan9misfit said:

Exactly. Those are the rounds where you look for value and lower end rotational or developmental players. Sometimes you get lucky and find a few starters, but not often.

Frankly if a priority player drops to the 3rd I wouldn't mind taking them. For example if it was Guice, or Harris or Michel. I would jump on them in round 2. I think having another starter quality rb would only aid us.   

2 hours ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Apparently he (Jones) received a 2nd round grade from the committee. Which, bodes exceedingly well if we get so many RBs taken prior to our 2nd round pick. Means another talent player falls to us.

I ran into him last Saturday afternoon at Hutchins BBQ in McKinney. I remember when he worked there when he was in high school. He was visiting since he was home due to playing in the Cotton Bowl.

23 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

I ran into him last Saturday afternoon at Hutchins BBQ in McKinney. I remember when he worked there when he was in high school. He was visiting since he was home due to playing in the Cotton Bowl.

Yeah, does he get a Dallas day invite too?

There are a lot of Day 2-talent running backs. One of them should slip to the fourth. Michel would be my preference as a 3rd down back, but how many RBs can we expect in the top 100 picks or so? Barkley, Guice, Ronald Jones, Love, Chubb, Freeman, Michel, Penny, Kerryon Johnson, Wadley, Damien Harris, Mark Walton are all talented backs, but I'm not sure they are all gone by our 4th round pick or so.

On 1/6/2018 at 3:52 PM, flyingmonkey30 said:

There are a lot of Day 2-talent running backs. One of them should slip to the fourth. Michel would be my preference as a 3rd down back, but how many RBs can we expect in the top 100 picks or so? Barkley, Guice, Ronald Jones, Love, Chubb, Freeman, Michel, Penny, Kerryon Johnson, Wadley, Damien Harris, Mark Walton are all talented backs, but I'm not sure they are all gone by our 4th round pick or so.

Yeah, round 4 is probably where they will address the issue.

Archived