Can we sue the Redskins?

Skinscavalier

I mean, in this day and age, you can probably sue them for SOMETHING.

The question is what is that something and what is the end result? Perhaps some class action about false advertising or some minor breach of contract for season ticket holders. But in the end, it won't mean much to someone like Snyder.

There are really only two ways to bring about the change you seek:

1. Stop attending and watching games. Bring attendance and viewership down to the point where games get blacked out and the team isn't making money. While I doubt this would convince Snyder to sell, the league and the other owners would probably intervene and force the issue.

2. Find dirt on Snyder and force him to sell, like what happened to the Panthers. And if this actually happened, it would more than likely result in the change of the name that certain segments of the population have been pushing for. Which is a topic for another conversation.

But that's really the only way I can see this happening. I mean, I guess a third option is someone else just flat out buys the team, but it would cost so much money that I doubt it's realistic.

We would get counter sued or something and he has more money than all the fans probably do combined.

In the past Snyder has sued the city paper for casting him as a devil in an article and others have seemed to get forced out of town for writing bad things about him. 

I don’t think it would go anywhere and would be a waste of the fans hard earned money and time to even try.

1 hour ago, Slateman said:

I mean, in this day and age, you can probably sue them for SOMETHING.

The question is what is that something and what is the end result? Perhaps some class action about false advertising or some minor breach of contract for season ticket holders. But in the end, it won't mean much to someone like Snyder.

There are really only two ways to bring about the change you seek:

1. Stop attending and watching games. Bring attendance and viewership down to the point where games get blacked out and the team isn't making money. While I doubt this would convince Snyder to sell, the league and the other owners would probably intervene and force the issue.

2. Find dirt on Snyder and force him to sell, like what happened to the Panthers. And if this actually happened, it would more than likely result in the change of the name that certain segments of the population have been pushing for. Which is a topic for another conversation.

But that's really the only way I can see this happening. I mean, I guess a third option is someone else just flat out buys the team, but it would cost so much money that I doubt it's realistic.

I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure they did away with blackouts. 

Archived