Weightlifting & Fitness - Everything old is new again!

fretgod99

14 hours ago, Forge said:

This is where i want to be. Gf thinks I'm crazy as she can't picture me that small, but its the weight / size (which is really more important) that i liked the best. It'd be a heck of a come down from the lifting and gains ive put on the last two years

All you would do is lose fat. I don know you, but most guys always think they are carrying way more muscle then they are and way less fat then they really are, and when they go to do a real cut and finally lose all the fat. They are always much smaller then think they are going to start. 

170 lbs is not small at all. You would be a middle weight in the MMA/boxing if you were in fighting shape. Not small. 

16 hours ago, fretgod99 said:

This is aggravating af. You can make it known you're using machines back and forth, but if someone else jumps in, deal with it. You don't get to monopolize everything at the gym. Don't be a jerk. Shouldn't be a difficult concept but it is for some people.

If you go during peak hours i swear there is always that one guy doing the super sets on complete opposite sides of the gym . Cable cross overs on one side of the gym and dumbbell presses on the other side lol. 

5 minutes ago, Bednarik60 said:

170 lbs is not small at all. You would be a middle weight in the MMA/boxing if you were in fighting shape. Not small. 

Middleweights usually walk around at about 200lbs, and cut down to 185lbs for weigh-ins.

If I had to guess what the average weight for an American male **who isn't more than 20% bodyfat**, I'd guess around 175lbs.

6 minutes ago, Bednarik60 said:

All you would do is lose fat. I don know you, but most guys always think they are carrying way more muscle then they are and way less fat then they really are, and when they go to do a real cut and finally lose all the fat. They are always much smaller then think they are going to start. 

I think that's Welterweight. But even then, we're still talking a person in fighting shape being able to look like Tyrone Woodley at 5'8, and Donald Cerrone at 6'.  

Not with that MISSILE in his shorts... but 

5 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

Middleweights usually walk around at about 200lbs, and cut down to 185lbs for weigh-ins.

If I had to guess what the average weight for an American male **who isn't more than 20% bodyfat**, I'd guess around 175lbs.

yeah your right, i was still in a "need coffee haze"... 

When you break down the percentages and what the average male is carrying around as far as muscle go, there wouldnt be that many guys over 200 lbs of pure muscle(single digit body fat) .. 

Most guys would weight 145 -180 lbs. 

There are tons of examples on youtube when bodybuilders do there first few NPC shows, they all think they are going to come in 30 -40 lbs heavier then they are and by the time they actually finally lose all the fat , they are like 155 lbs(down from like 210 lbs) .. 

So I'm trying to get swole af. 

But apparently my protein intake should be 250ish grams.

Now I have a protein shake for breakfast 50ish, 20ish for lunch, and then 35ish for dinner.

How the heck can I add on another 145 grams without feeling bloated/gain a crap ton of weight?

1 minute ago, Gmen4ev said:

But apparently my protein intake should be 250ish grams.

Not true. The conversion is 1g per kg of goal weight. Americans screwed it up and changed it to pounds for no reason.