Weightlifting & Fitness - Everything old is new again!

fretgod99

32 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

I can do everything exercise wise, and hold a diet somewhat but fail when it comes to drinking beer on a Friday after a hard week of work or after a game. I wish there was a such thing as an alcohol vapor.

What makes you happier: drinking beer, or cutting an extra few pounds? 

The fact that you even think about these things puts you ahead of the majority of people. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

I can do everything exercise wise, and hold a diet somewhat but fail when it comes to drinking beer on a Friday after a hard week of work or after a game. I wish there was a such thing as an alcohol vapor.

Just Friday?  You're worried about drinking too much on one night?  Just one night? 

• Like 4

So I've been on Keto since January and I'm pretty sure I'm done with it.  Really haven't noticed a single thing except for mild constipation.  I'm gonna stay low carb still, but not keto low carb.  Seems kinda pointless to me unless your goal is to lose a lot of weight, which was never really my intention. 

And I'm making this decision after finally making an edible keto bread with almond flour and psyllium husk powder.  It was purple, but it tasted really good. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

So I've been on Keto since January and I'm pretty sure I'm done with it.  Really haven't noticed a single thing except for mild constipation.  I'm gonna stay low carb still, but not keto low carb.  Seems kinda pointless to me unless your goal is to lose a lot of weight, which was never really my intention. 

And I'm making this decision after finally making an edible keto bread with almond flour and psyllium husk powder.  It was purple, but it tasted really good. 

What types of foods were you eating? I'm taking a keto preworkout powder which has been amazing (but a little pricey)

I'm going to get off Keto by summertime. But I'm still making a lot of gains in the gym because my muscle memory is coming back after my diabetes stabilized.

been watching a lot of those videos saying which gym machines etc put undue stress where and such and which machines cause them most injuries etc and it’s genuinely interesting, as long as you’re getting them from a real academic verified source and not from machine companies who obviously advertise their own, it’s worth quite a look in to

On 2/26/2019 at 10:02 PM, jetsfan4life51 said:

Do a nice circuit of Squats, Chins, Deads, Bench.

That will rock you into shape.

So if you're doing something like this.. how many times a week would you guys recommend working out?

On ‎3‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 12:12 PM, braylon said:

So if you're doing something like this.. how many times a week would you guys recommend working out?

3-4x

You can switch implements(DB, BB, Thick Bars, trap bar for deadlift), angles (incline, flat, decline/pronated, supinated, neutral), etc

So I've got something I'm hoping you guys can help me with.. For years I've had issues with my right hip cramping up. Honestly, I don't know how far this goes back, but it's at least been a thing all the way back to at least high school football (which was 8 years ago) and maybe further back than that.

It's only my right hip, it's literally never happened in my left hip. I can't figure out a pattern of what causes it.. but when it happens it is an intense cramping/spasm and I absolutely have to stretch it out immediately as it is immensely uncomfortable. I honestly can't point to a certain position or movement that causes the issue, it almost seems random. It has come up in some pretty inopportune times, if you know what I mean lol... The best way for me to describe the location of the cramping would be like right above the lining of the pocket on most pants on your right side. 

My question is, what is likely the ligament/tendon/muscle that I'm feeling this discomfort in and what can I do to try to stretch it/prevent it from happening in the future?

I know this was kinda vague and dumb, but if anyone has any input I would appreciate it.

40 minutes ago, braylon said:

So I've got something I'm hoping you guys can help me with.. For years I've had issues with my right hip cramping up. Honestly, I don't know how far this goes back, but it's at least been a thing all the way back to at least high school football (which was 8 years ago) and maybe further back than that.

It's only my right hip, it's literally never happened in my left hip. I can't figure out a pattern of what causes it.. but when it happens it is an intense cramping/spasm and I absolutely have to stretch it out immediately as it is immensely uncomfortable. I honestly can't point to a certain position or movement that causes the issue, it almost seems random. It has come up in some pretty inopportune times, if you know what I mean lol... The best way for me to describe the location of the cramping would be like right above the lining of the pocket on most pants on your right side. 

My question is, what is likely the ligament/tendon/muscle that I'm feeling this discomfort in and what can I do to try to stretch it/prevent it from happening in the future?

I know this was kinda vague and dumb, but if anyone has any input I would appreciate it.

Have you ever seen a chiropractor?  I had major hip issues last year, and my entire hip was out of socket and my pelvis was flipped out as well. It took 5-7 visits, but we got it back to where it needed to be and I was able to resume all activities without a problem (especially squats and deadlifts aggravated this).

36 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Have you ever seen a chiropractor?  I had major hip issues last year, and my entire hip was out of socket and my pelvis was flipped out as well. It took 5-7 visits, but we got it back to where it needed to be and I was able to resume all activities without a problem (especially squats and deadlifts aggravated this).

Hmmmmm, interesting thought! I've had chiropractors work magic on me in the past.. I haven't found a great one that I've seen since I moved away from my hometown in high school. But I've seen them sporadically over the years.. They never mentioned anything with my hip, but I also never brought it up to any of them.

Just now, braylon said:

Hmmmmm, interesting thought! I've had chiropractors work magic on me in the past.. I haven't found a great one that I've seen since I moved away from my hometown in high school. But I've seen them sporadically over the years.. They never mentioned anything with my hip, but I also never brought it up to any of them.

Yeah, I was having major flare ups in my hip/pelvis, but believe it or not, the biggest tell I had was in my lower back when I would specifically do any back, core, and leg work. That fixed it in a matter of a few adjustments. Sometimes it can also be a nerve issue that needs worked out.

• Like 1