Weightlifting & Fitness - Everything old is new again!

fretgod99

Thoughts on belts? My deadlifts are getting to a point now that I'm struggling to get through them. I imagine there isn't a magic number of weight where it's advised to wear one, rather its about the strain your putting your body under. Not trying to hurt myself out here

7 hours ago, smetana34 said:

Thoughts on belts? My deadlifts are getting to a point now that I'm struggling to get through them. I imagine there isn't a magic number of weight where it's advised to wear one, rather its about the strain your putting your body under. Not trying to hurt myself out here

If you want to wear a belt, wear a belt. 

• Like 3

On 11/21/2019 at 12:40 PM, dtait93 said:

Any recommendations on some good protein powder? Budget is tight so I’ve been using the body fortress whey protein you can get at Walmart for like 17 bucks but idk I always feel so blah after it. All I mix is 1 scoop with 1 cup of milk and a banana.

Myprotein normally has really good deals and it mixes well / tastes fine

Musclepharm combat protein is my favorite (tastes good and sits well in my stomach)

• 4 weeks later...

I maybe put on almost 10 lb the past 2 weeks. Too scared to look at the scale.

Yesterday I started keto IF. Breakfast and lunch only. You feel really lean in the evening. 

Going to re-try 100 pushups, 50 pullups, 100 leg presses MON-SAT for 3 weeks each morning. Some auxiliary free weights on Saturday evening, too.

I've never been a pre-workout, energy drink, or coffee person so I don't have any tolerance to caffeine, and lately I've been having a cup of coffee before going to the gym and whooaa booy drugs are great!! Feels like a completely different plane of existence. The nespresso vertuo capsule I drink has 165 mg of caffeine - is that a lot? It feels like a lot.

4 hours ago, Heimdallr said:

I've never been a pre-workout, energy drink, or coffee person so I don't have any tolerance to caffeine, and lately I've been having a cup of coffee before going to the gym and whooaa booy drugs are great!! Feels like a completely different plane of existence. The nespresso vertuo capsule I drink has 165 mg of caffeine - is that a lot? It feels like a lot.

I'd say that's a good amount for before a workout.  I've taken up to 300mg before a workout but that's because I'm very tolerant.

6 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Farmer's Walk up and down stairs is possibly the most brutal thing I have ever added to my workout.  It's tougher than any HIIT training I've ever tried.  I hate it.  I love it. 

Woof.

Also, set a treadmill to max incline, and do a farmer's walk backwards, while trying to stay as low as possible. I had to do that for 6 weeks while rehabbing from a broken leg, and it was brutal. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Heimdallr said:

Woof.

Also, set a treadmill to max incline, and do a farmer's walk backwards, while trying to stay as low as possible. I had to do that for 6 weeks while rehabbing from a broken leg, and it was brutal. 

Why did your therapist hate you?!?! lol

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Heimdallr said:

Woof.

That sounds so extreme to rehab a broken leg, haha.  How long did you have to walk backwards for and how was it programmed, as far as sets, etc?