Weightlifting & Fitness - Everything old is new again!

fretgod99

On 04/01/2020 at 3:51 PM, Heimdallr said:

I've never been a pre-workout, energy drink, or coffee person so I don't have any tolerance to caffeine, and lately I've been having a cup of coffee before going to the gym and whooaa booy drugs are great!! Feels like a completely different plane of existence. The nespresso vertuo capsule I drink has 165 mg of caffeine - is that a lot? It feels like a lot.

lol, I miss this. I have about 500mg just before midday :D love coffee. I don't bother with pre-workout shakes though.

I would say your 165mg is pretty sensible for most people these days who drink coffee.

For 3 months I did really well on carb cycling High/Med/Low repeate every 3 days.  Holidays came around and I went off but the damage was minimal.  Now I'm going Very Low/No Carb on sundays and Wednesdays my days off.  Moderate on Mondays and Thursdays my upper body days then High on Legs Tuesdays and Fridays with my cheat being on Saturdays when I do an AM and PM session.  So far so good.

YoYo

So, have actually stuck to a planned calorie deficit since the onslaught of food and booze that is Xmas. It's a phased plan, but currently I'm in about a 400cal deficit, eating at 2250 cals. I've mostly hit the protein macros and usually go slightly over on fat, and never usually hit carb allocation but that's ait. Hitting gym hard as ever 4 x week (mostly compound lifts).

First week I dropped 3.5lbs, just completed second week, no further loss.

Is this just standard and to be expected? Too little a sample size, and weekly fluctuations occur? Or is it possible I've done something wrong? 

Merci.

TO ALL.

2 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

YoYo

So, have actually stuck to a planned calorie deficit since the onslaught of food and booze that is Xmas. It's a phased plan, but currently I'm in about a 400cal deficit, eating at 2250 cals. I've mostly hit the protein macros and usually go slightly over on fat, and never usually hit carb allocation but that's ait. Hitting gym hard as ever 4 x week (mostly compound lifts).

First week I dropped 3.5lbs, just completed second week, no further loss.

Is this just standard and to be expected? Too little a sample size, and weekly fluctuations occur? Or is it possible I've done something wrong? 

Merci.

TO ALL.

Weight loss isn’t perfectly linear, just keep going.

If you get 2-3 in a row maybe evaluate what you’re doing, but little things like sodium intake and hydration levels can account for a pound or two easily.

• Like 1