Weightlifting & Fitness - Everything old is new again!

fretgod99

LOL

I love reading blatant clickbait, and have a recent favorite article to share. A guy "dropped 25 pounds in 3 months doing 2 push ups every time he used the bathroom". The article then details how he made "about 10" small changes like this (5 body squats every time he washed his hands, etc.), and then casually mentioned in passing "he also cut out all of his usual snacks, instead replacing them with cauliflower"...and I was like BINGO! That's where the weight loss came from!

8 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

First week I dropped 3.5lbs, just completed second week, no further loss.

Is this just standard and to be expected? Too little a sample size, and weekly fluctuations occur? Or is it possible I've done something wrong? 

Definitely within the realm of fluctuations. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

I've had plenty of clients keep the same body weight and have big increases in muscle.  0.5 lbs isn't much.

That’s a rate of 26 pounds a year.  

You’ve got natural clients putting on that much muscle on the regular huh? People who aren’t complete noobs, but experienced lifters?  No, you haven’t.

Anyway, back to the original point, the reason for his lack of weight loss wasn’t his massive gains from his 3 days at the gym that week.

• Like 1

On 1/18/2020 at 9:07 AM, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

That’s a rate of 26 pounds a year.  

You’ve got natural clients putting on that much muscle on the regular huh? People who aren’t complete noobs, but experienced lifters?  No, you haven’t.

Anyway, back to the original point, the reason for his lack of weight loss wasn’t his massive gains from his 3 days at the gym that week.

LOL when did I say over the course of a year? And I never said massive gains. I consider 5-10 lbs big increases in muscle.

34 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

LOL when did I say over the course of a year? And I never said massive gains. I consider 5-10 lbs big increases in muscle.

So what is 5-10 lbs a year in weekly numbers?

It’s ounces, at best. 

Again, his lack of weight loss isn’t due to sick gains bro, that’s the take home point here.

I've also dropped the keto breakfast and lunch only. I just don't feel comfortable eating breakfast.

Workout in the early AM with C4 and BCAA's. Then a 12pm-8pm eating window, with the evening meal being steak and eggs, with some mixed berries and hour or so before. Lunch can be whatever, as long as there's nutritional value. (No sugar, pizza,or fries) I ate 2 trays of sushi for lunch today. ($25, 1000+ cals)

Low carb/keto hasn't been working. I think the lack of carbs is effing up my hormones.

Edited by Tetsujin