Weightlifting & Fitness - Everything old is new again!

fretgod99

4 hours ago, EliteTexan80 said:

I've actually lost 54 lbs since March 2016. Diet, cardio. Spin cycle class has been a godsend, go 3x a week nowadays.

I've been lifting weights, but inconsistently.

You really are an old women...but seriously good work.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, CWood21 said:

You really are an old women...but seriously good work.

With my knees, my options are limited. Stopped just short of Zumba. But spin is pretty tough - I'd suggest to try it before you knock it. :D

9 hours ago, iPwn said:

I mean if you're doing it, we can knock it. ?

Have you looked into yoga to maybe help your knees?

Yeah, do yoga 1x a week - it helps a lot with everything, but it's the best thing for my hips and shoulders (which are slowly starting to fade - yeah, imagine that).

My left knee does feel better, but the right is always poor on ROM. The tendon in the knee is shorter following that tear and the scar tissue is pretty deep, so I can only bend it about 120/130 degrees. Everything feels better, at least.

9 hours ago, fretgod99 said:

Zumba is actually kinda fun. My wife used to be an instructor and she'd run me through her classes to try them out.

My wife is big into Zumba, so she goes. She's tried to invite me a few times, but I've usually flaked out. 

1 hour ago, EliteTexan80 said:
11 hours ago, fretgod99 said:

Zumba is actually kinda fun. My wife used to be an instructor and she'd run me through her classes to try them out.

My wife is big into Zumba, so she goes. She's tried to invite me a few times, but I've usually flaked out. 

Try it some time. It's actually kind of fun and is a really solid cardio workout. Not really my thing long term or whatever. But if my wife were still teaching it and I was looking for a way to get some cardio in, it'd be a fun thing to do together.

1 hour ago, Pats#1 said:

I understand full body and circuit workouts are good and all...but if one more guy at my gym "reserves" 4-6 different pieces of equipment so he can do his circuit uninterrupted, I'm going to commit murder. 

This is aggravating af. You can make it known you're using machines back and forth, but if someone else jumps in, deal with it. You don't get to monopolize everything at the gym. Don't be a jerk. Shouldn't be a difficult concept but it is for some people.

On 7/14/2017 at 11:50 AM, iPwn said:

Same, honestly. Think I need to get down to 170 though. The move to Chicago did me no favors, and I still haven't gotten myself on the right track.

This is where i want to be. Gf thinks I'm crazy as she can't picture me that small, but its the weight / size (which is really more important) that i liked the best. It'd be a heck of a come down from the lifting and gains ive put on the last two years