Weightlifting & Fitness - Everything old is new again!

fretgod99

25 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Same, I'm eating everything not nailed down. I went to the store last night and just felt like the fattest turd and realized it was time to get it together.

I'll have some drinks Sunday night, but other than that I've gotta lock it up.

No regrets though, I'd rather gain 5lbs around the holidays than be the guy who eats a salad and chicken breast at Christmas dinner.

True. If you're going to binge, Xmas is the time for it.

Any specific plans for getting rid of it, or is it a case of just picking back up where you left off before the godzilla banquet? I might add more cardio in.

15 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

True. If you're going to binge, Xmas is the time for it.

Any specific plans for getting rid of it, or is it a case of just picking back up where you left off before the godzilla banquet? I might add more cardio in.

Just get back to business as usual.

I usually go full retard on Satudays for a cheat (5-7k calories) and I'll probably limit that to 3500 or so for a month or two.

I also fasting a bit today, usually I eat small meals at 8 and 10 and I've skipped both thus far.  Don't really feel the need to eat right now lol.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

My goal is to do refeeds instead of cheat days but we all know that sounds great Monday-Friday then Saturday night comes and FFFFF give me pizza.

I've purposely gone to bed at 8pm specifically to avoid eating like that. You can't eat when you're asleep.

On ‎12‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 7:30 AM, freak_of_nature said:

I've purposely gone to bed at 8pm specifically to avoid eating like that. You can't eat when you're asleep.

I'm good during the week because I won't get home until 8 then I eat dinner and I'm good.  It's the weekends when I'm home earlier and bored or I go out with friends.  Like tonight going to a NYE party and I know everyone is bringing chips/dip or dessert, no actual food.  So i'm bringing pounds of chicken wings so I at least get some protein and hopefully limit the sugar.

1 hour ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

I'm good during the week because I won't get home until 8 then I eat dinner and I'm good.  It's the weekends when I'm home earlier and bored or I go out with friends.  Like tonight going to a NYE party and I know everyone is bringing chips/dip or dessert, no actual food.  So i'm bringing pounds of chicken wings so I at least get some protein and hopefully limit the sugar.

You’re a better man than me, I’m going for it tonight.

Edited by LETSGOBROWNIES

This is Day One of trying to stick to a 4PM-10PM eating window. Keto.

I'm heading to LA on the 18th for 5 days. I'll also try to do some type of lifting every morning with the 0-cal preworkout + BCAAs from now until the 18th. We'll see what that diet and training does to my body composition in this short period.

3 hours ago, pollino14 said:

I might’ve asked this already, but anyone care to share their stories with intermittent fasting? I tried it before but my diet wasn’t great and I wasn’t doing cardio so I decided to try it again.

If you're IF'ing, you can probably tolerate a bad meal every other day and sill lose weight. The rest of your calorie intake should be from whole food sources.

On 01/01/2018 at 3:51 PM, pollino14 said:

I might’ve asked this already, but anyone care to share their stories with intermittent fasting? I tried it before but my diet wasn’t great and I wasn’t doing cardio so I decided to try it again.

I did lose weight, but I had bowel issues on it. I had no problem not eating for 16 hours, as I was motivated. If not motivated = fail.

Hit the gym for the first time in months and feel great. I even bought pre workout for the first time in years as well to ensure I keep going to the gym and don't get too lazy after work. I'm starting my keto diet next week and will actually track my macros/weigh my food, which I have never done before.

While I am hitting the fitness train hard, what are peoples thoughts on fitbits (fitness watches in general)? I don't wear watches but wouldnt mind getting a fit bit to track everything. Does anyone here use those things?

5 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Hit the gym for the first time in months and feel great. I even bought pre workout for the first time in years as well to ensure I keep going to the gym and don't get too lazy after work. I'm starting my keto diet next week and will actually track my macros/weigh my food, which I have never done before.

While I am hitting the fitness train hard, what are peoples thoughts on fitbits (fitness watches in general)? I don't wear watches but wouldnt mind getting a fit bit to track everything. Does anyone here use those things?

I use the pedometer and apps on my phone.

I have far too much self respect to be seen with one of those atrocities on my wrist. ? 

Anybody else have their aunt fall while carrying you as a baby, fracturing both knees, rendering you incapable of working out anything on your legs except for calf muscles whenever the temperature falls below 50 because you have such crippling, debilitating arthritis in both your knees, but especially your left knee at only 29 years old?