Weightlifting & Fitness - Everything old is new again!

fretgod99

24 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

And maybe @HorizontoZenith is an exception, but most folks don’t look better carrying 20 extra pounds of fat. I mean, when was the last time you heard someone say “Hey man, did you get fatter? You look great!”?  Not to mention the health issues related to gaining 25lbs of fat.

I was dangerously low on fat.  I had been a vegan for 7 years.  Felt sick of being tiny.  I'm also completely bald.  People thought I had cancer all the time.  I guarantee I looked better with all that extra fat.  :D

53 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

I use 14 sites on the body with a skin fold caliper.  I plug the mm measurements into software and it gives me numbers.  I had a lot of fat on my legs that I got rid of by improving my estrogen and decreasing aromatization.  Thus keeping T levels high and optimizing my hormones.  It is completely possible especially when fixing gut health and digestion issues.  From pooping more I was getting rid of toxins/estrogens that get stored in fat, and by improving liver enzymes my body was able to detox more and get rid of these toxins so they can get pooped out.  Started taking quality magnesium and getting better sleep which will help with growth hormone.  Fixing digestion helped me absorb more protein and nutrients.  It's not what you eat it's what you absorb.  I'm about to do a 21 day gut rebuilding protocol to rebuild my gut lining, rebuild my digestive enzymes and repopulate my gut with good bacteria.  I've heard stories of pro athletes who get rid of foods they are intolerant too and don't change anything calorically and drop fat fast.  

https://tim.blog/2013/05/11/how-to-gain-20-pounds-in-28-days-the-extreme-muscle-building-secrets-of-ufc-fighters/

The leading nutritionist in the game Dr. John Berardi works along with Martin Rooney to train UFC fighters and they have done drastic things.

Dexa scans and hydrostatic weighing would be more accurate if you want to be accurate. Skin folds aren’t as precise.

Have you had your hormone levels tested? Before and after? What were your total and free T levels?

How do you know if you’re absorbing more nutrients or excreting toxins? Was this tested in some manner?

How is your sleep better? Placebo effects are a real thing, especially when you WANT to belive it.  Was this tested on YOU in any manner?

I know you have drank the Kool Aid, so this will likely be a waste, but you do realize these guys are making their living off of you, right? As in, if they just told you to eat moderately well as all the basic crap you already know you, there’s no reason for you to buy their program, click their link or whatever.

If the last 20 years I've been involved in living and nutrition is any indication, in 5 years people will be scoffing at this as nonsense and on to the next diet/fad du jour. Surely I’m not the only one who remembers all the MD’s talking about how bad fat was? Adkins bro.  Keto bro.  No nightshade veggies bro.  6 small meals a day, gotta keep the metabolism going bro.  IF bro.  IIFYM bro. The list is endless with bro diets backed by “science” and “leading experts”.

Look, I realize no one is changing your mind, and that’s fine do as you please, but at least keep your eyes open to this stuff man.  It’s SSDD.  They’re repackaging the same product in a different box.  “I’ve got the secret to fix your metabolism, just buy my....”

I’ll hop down off my soap box and leave it at that.  

Either way, keep grinding and keep progressing, I’m definitely pulling for you.

24 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

I was dangerously low on fat.  I had been a vegan for 7 years.  Felt sick of being tiny.  I'm also completely bald.  People thought I had cancer all the time.  I guarantee I looked better with all that extra fat.  :D

Lol that’s fair then.

Those Vegan broads love that look though right? Emaciated and weak = healthy to those folks. ;)

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Dexa scans and hydrostatic weighing would be more accurate if you want to be accurate. Skin folds aren’t as precise.

Have you had your hormone levels tested? Before and after? What were your total and free T levels?

How do you know if you’re absorbing more nutrients or excreting toxins? Was this tested in some manner?

How is your sleep better? Placebo effects are a real thing, especially when you WANT to belive it.  Was this tested on YOU in any manner?

I know you have drank the Kool Aid, so this will likely be a waste, but you do realize these guys are making their living off of you, right? As in, if they just told you to eat moderately well as all the basic crap you already know you, there’s no reason for you to buy their program, click their link or whatever.

If the last 20 years I've been involved in living and nutrition is any indication, in 5 years people will be scoffing at this as nonsense and on to the next diet/fad du jour. Surely I’m not the only one who remembers all the MD’s talking about how bad fat was? Adkins bro.  Keto bro.  No nightshade veggies bro.  6 small meals a day, gotta keep the metabolism going bro.  IF bro.  IIFYM bro. The list is endless with bro diets backed by “science” and “leading experts”.

Look, I realize no one is changing your mind, and that’s fine do as you please, but at least keep your eyes open to this stuff man.  It’s SSDD.  They’re repackaging the same product in a different box.  “I’ve got the secret to fix your metabolism, just buy my....”

I’ll hop down off my soap box and leave it at that.  

Either way, keep grinding and keep progressing, I’m definitely pulling for you.

Have never had my hormone levels tested but this software is from 20 years of blood work and directly correlates with hormones.  Would love to get everything tested.

My estrogen sites have lost fat, bowel movements are better and more frequent.

I don't wake up in the middle of the night and I don't wake up exhausted every morning.

IDK how this guy is making a living off of me because I'm not buying anything from him we get software for free.  He teaches this course and strength coaches all over the world use it.  Matt Wenning even got certified to do it on people.  Rawdon Dubois who is the leading physique coach in Australia uses it, Christian Thibaudeau, etc. 

I have not changed my diet and am getting better results.  

I don't think you quite understand how it works and I don't expect you to without seeing everything.  But I'm happy with my results and my clients are happy with their results.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

He ran like 5 miles for breakfast and trained like 97 hours a day.  Do that and you might get close. 

I mean what exercises work that part of the body? Don't even know what that muscle is called, that whole outer armpit region. 

10 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

I mean what exercises work that part of the body? Don't even know what that muscle is called, that whole outer armpit region. 

The lats? Many would say lat pulldowns.

I've stopped doing lat pulldowns and now only do pull-ups, preceded by straight-arm lat pulldowns to pre-exhaust the muscle a bit.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, freak_of_nature said:

The lats? Many would say lat pulldowns.

I've stopped doing lat pulldowns and now only do pull-ups, preceded by straight-arm lat pulldowns to pre-exhaust the muscle a bit.

1 hour ago, mistakey said:

weighted pullups

These fellas nailed it.

Straight arm pull downs or pullovers are good, pull-ups are the gold standard imo.

Try assisted, body weight or weighted, depending on your current strength and abilities.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

So weighted pullups, should i rock steel toes and a weighted backpack?

Also really appreciate the feedback guys, been 7 years since i seriously worked out and im rusty lol

most gyms should have one of these
https://www.amazon.com/Harbinger-Polypropylene-30-Inch-Steel-Chain/dp/B001P0S3XU

if not just buy that one

but if you cant do like 3 sets of 5 with added weight, focusing on body weight pullups is 100% fine

16 hours ago, Chiefer said:

Also really appreciate the feedback guys, been 7 years since i seriously worked out and im rusty lol

If you haven’t worked out in 7 years you’ll prolly be fine just doing regular body weight pull-ups.

If you’re able to do 2-3 sets of 10+, it’s time to start doing the weighted version imo.

18 hours ago, Chiefer said:

weighted-pull-ups-and-dips.jpg 

There's belts like that one for pull ups/dips

Barbell rows and deadlifts are great for overall back and lat mass.