Weightlifting & Fitness - Everything old is new again!

fretgod99

can always do dumbbell between the feet if your gym doesn't have a belt. 

if you haven't worked out in 7 years though, prolly gonna take a bit before you're repping weighted pullups. like let's go brownies said, get 3 sets of 10 on regular first, then start adding weight gradually.

Still doing my 5x5 on bench, squat, and deadlift trying to clear all 25 reps of the same weight and then upping the weight 10 pounds, along with 50 push ups each day (weighted while maintaining good form), rows, shoulders, biceps/triceps, core, and a few other leg exercises.

I cleared 175x5 on bench last week on all 25 reps, so I upped it to 185 yesterday. I cleared 13 reps without help, so I'm hoping that Saturday I'll clear it about 18 times, and that next week/the week after I'll clear all 25 reps and move on to 195.

My strength is the best that it's been in a LONG time doing this, and my muscle endurance is starting to come around, meaning more time/energy for burnout exercises and more auxiliary lifts.

1 hour ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

This is going to sound nuts but added 70 pounds to my deadlift in one month.  425 to 495.  Deficit deadlifts really helped me pull better from the floor.

Not at all.

If you can find that weak spot in the lift and improve it, gains can happen quick on dead’s.

Deficits are great.

On 1/21/2018 at 9:35 AM, jetsfan4life51 said:

This is going to sound nuts but added 70 pounds to my deadlift in one month.  425 to 495.  Deficit deadlifts really helped me pull better from the floor.

Almost the same here man. I added 60 pounds in like 5 weeks, mainly because of deficits. Improved my knee and hip flexion greatly. 

Down about 5 lbs since jan 1st. Happy with my pace on my cut right now. 

about 14% bf right now i'd say, still a tad bit of back fat, but really starting to see good definition all over besides lower back. just cracks me up how you can see the individual muscle fibers in my upper back, but lower back still has fat (dem feels :()

figure about 10-15 more lbs and i should be in that 10-12% range. about 8 more weeks. 

and yes i know, cool story bro. :D

but side note, these are one of the best protein bars i've ever had:

133316.jpg?s=True

• Like 2