Weightlifting & Fitness - Everything old is new again!

fretgod99

3 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Pork tenderloin in a crockpot and then add some bbq sauce is good too, but not as clean.

If you just want meat and veggies, be prepared to eat some boring foods and learn to use herbs to season.

My philosophy is to pour on the Frank's hot sauce. I don't care about too much salt. Sugar is my nemesis though on some of those sauces. Salt, Pepper, hot sauce...that's the stuff right there.

• Like 1

I pretty much put Franks and/or cayenne pepper on everything. 

My facorite is simple, just chicken breasts in the oven with cayenne pepper and sliced lemons over the top. Comes out so juicy. 

Been addicted to my morning smoothies now after the gym. 

Greek Yogurt

Banana

half whole lemon

cup of mixed berries

two scoops vanilla protein powder

Scoop of flax seeds

cup of broccoli

cup of spinach 

milk

takes me 30 minutes to drink but it’s bomb  

Edited by CaliforniaKid7

On ‎1‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 6:46 AM, MWil23 said:

Well, I broke down and went to our school's training room yesterday, and they stretched me/did some other evaluations and my hip was completely out. After they stretched me/I used my own body weight to resist them, it slid/popped back in. I feel like a new person, although last night I was living off of ibuprofin. No squatting/deads for a week, but that's not as bad as I thought it would be.

I wasn't squatting for a while because my entire body was shifting to the right then I went to a chiro and he fixed me and I haven't had many issues just the occasional soreness or one bad day every month or two, over the past two years.  And now that I'm training hard my squat and deadlift keep skyrocketing with minimal back overload.

So I've been working on deeper squats and going knees over toes.  Really hits VMO.

On 1/30/2018 at 1:32 AM, 1ForTheThumb said:

Over a year now. I was referred to Kinobody from a friend and it's been life-changing.

I only lift 3 times a week and I'm in better shape than when I used to spend hours upon hours in the gym.

Too many people try to over complicate things whether it be dieting (unsustainable diets, low carb or low fat diets) or workout routines (ton of volume). Kinobody has kept everything simple for me and I've seen the best results from it.

I started this week. It's taking me a while to find my max 4-6 weight reps so far. What's your diet look like?

On 1/29/2018 at 9:32 AM, 1ForTheThumb said:

Over a year now. I was referred to Kinobody from a friend and it's been life-changing.

I only lift 3 times a week and I'm in better shape than when I used to spend hours upon hours in the gym.

Too many people try to over complicate things whether it be dieting (unsustainable diets, low carb or low fat diets) or workout routines (ton of volume). Kinobody has kept everything simple for me and I've seen the best results from it.

Never heard of Kinobody but agreed with everything else

On ‎1‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 10:41 AM, CaliforniaKid7 said:

Been addicted to my morning smoothies now after the gym. 

Greek Yogurt

Banana

half whole lemon

cup of mixed berries

two scoops vanilla protein powder

Scoop of flax seeds

cup of broccoli

cup of spinach 

milk

takes me 30 minutes to drink but it’s bomb  

THICC

On 2/12/2018 at 9:41 AM, iLikeDefense said:

Anyone ever Achilles soreness? I've been racking up my running and the other day it felt sore after my run. I was squatting this weekend and later in the day I had the same sort of soreness. I hope I'm not developing any tendinitis.

May be smart to throw in some eccentric work with the calf/Achilles and Ice after long runs. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Had you been dieting/exercising before then?

Exercising regularly, yess. About 4 days lifting, 1-2 cardio. 

Diet wise, I watched what I ate, but it wasn't strict (like now). Basically, all I changed was the schedule in which I ate. 

7 minutes ago, pollino14 said:

Exercising regularly, yess. About 4 days lifting, 1-2 cardio. 

Diet wise, I watched what I ate, but it wasn't strict (like now). Basically, all I changed was the schedule in which I ate. 

The part that benefits most folks in my experience is that it’s harder to overeat/easier to stay under calories with a small eating window. 

IF can help with some things, insulin resistance iirc, but simply eating over less time through the day doesn’t decrease or change the energy stored in a calorie.

There’s no magic in it.