Weightlifting & Fitness - Everything old is new again!

fretgod99

On 2/14/2018 at 7:16 AM, iLikeDefense said:

Funny that you mention that, I was actually looking up some exercises and eccentric heel drops was the primary exercise. Thanks!

Yup! Eccentric work is great for tendon problems. You can try 2-->1 Heel Drops or even on a sit down calf machine, either way works. Also not a bad idea to just work on general strength of whole lower leg with a resistance band doing some plantar, dorsi, eversion and inversion work. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CaliforniaKid7 said:

Yup! Eccentric work is great for tendon problems. You can try 2-->1 Heel Drops or even on a sit down calf machine, either way works. Also not a bad idea to just work on general strength of whole lower leg with a resistance band doing some plantar, dorsi, eversion and inversion work. 

I would add some light loaded stretching if you can tolerate.  Go on the seated calf machine with 25 lbs and let the heels sink as far down as possible.  I'd recommend having someone spot you to pull the weight off you, you want to avoid the concentric part.

5 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

And?  What did you learn?

If you can get through the first 3 days, you can go without food for as long as you want, as long as you aren't exercising or working a blue-collar job. I actually felt great.

You need to eat just greens and an apple everyday for a few days in advance of the water fast, just to prep yourself.

Your water should be a brine with salt and potassium salt, instead of pure water. This will help you to not feel wiped out.

Don't drink a gallon of water a day. A few days in, I had water uncontrollably shooting out the back end of me. Luckily I wasn't in public. A liter of the water each day is enough.

Fat loss is fat loss, no matter of it's a crash diet or not. It's the person who effs up after the diet. If you lose a bunch of weight then put it back on, the diet didn't fail, you failed post-diet.

I lost 25+ lb in during the fast. Muscle loss is minimal. The muscles are smaller because of lack of nutrients during that time, not because of being eaten away.

2 minutes ago, freak_of_nature said:

If you can get through the first 3 days, you can go without food for as long as you want, as long as you aren't exercising or working a blue-collar job. I actually felt great.

You need to eat just greens and an apple everyday for a few days in advance of the water fast, just to prep yourself.

Your water should be a brine with salt and potassium salt, instead of pure water. This will help you to not feel wiped out.

Don't drink a gallon of water a day. A few days in, I had water uncontrollably shooting out the back end of me. Luckily I wasn't in public. A liter of the water each day is enough.

Fat loss is fat loss, no matter of it's a crash diet or not. It's the person who effs up after the diet. If you lose a bunch of weight then put it back on, the diet didn't fail, you failed post-diet.

I lost 25+ lb in during the fast. Muscle loss is minimal. The muscles are smaller because of lack of nutrients during that time, not because of being eaten away.

How much of the weight did you put back on a week after starting to eat again from glycogen and water?

29 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

How much of the weight did you put back on a week after starting to eat again from glycogen and water?

I broke my fast with a big meal, which was a huge mistake. I put back 8 lb immediately, but took that off easily 2 days afterwards.

I ate a PSMF afterwards and lost another 20 lb.

8 hours ago, mm6492 said:

I'm not a doctor and I may be 100% wrong - but I would highly advise against not eating food for 10 days. 

2 hours ago, mm6492 said:

There are also some other benefits to eating food. Such as your bodys need for nutrients at some point. An extended fast with no food is not a good move. 

This is where I’m at.

Im glad it worked out for ya @freak_of_nature, but I’m not sure I see the benefit.

• Like 1