Weightlifting & Fitness - Everything old is new again!

fretgod99

11 minutes ago, freak_of_nature said:

Your body uses its fat stores for nutrients. And fasting is known to remedy many chronic health conditions. It happened to me.

I believe fasting for 1 or more days is the most natural thing one can do, and frequent eating is not.

A day or so, sure.

IF, yeah.

10 days?  Idk... 

Fat stores provide energy, but not vitamins and minerals.  There’s no vitamin c in your beer gut.

12 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

Pretty much any high-intensity cardio is better for you (and your joints) than jogging. Enjoy.

I lost 90 pounds but to be honest Id also use to workout 3 hours  a day . I lost my job at one point and said hey why not just do insanity and a bunch of workouts . I did insanity for a good portion and it helped a lot . I did it for a solid month or two than stopped.

I regret not doing the 6 month program because I would of had abs by now . But I'm tired of jogging or sprinting on the treadmill.

Edited by Dashing202

3 minutes ago, Dashing202 said:

I lost 90 pounds but to be honest Id also use to workout 3 hours  a day . I lost my job at one point and said hey why not just do insanity and a bunch of workouts . I did insanity for a good portion and it helped a lot . I did it for a solid month or two than stopped.

I regret not doing the 6 month program because I would of had abs by now . But I'm tired of jogging or sprinting on the treadmill.

Swimming is a god excercise if you have access to a pool and have time for longer bouts of cardio to mix in with the Insanity. You kind of need a legit olympic pool to put in any good work though. It's annoying in a recreational pool.

• Like 1

Just now, cddolphin said:

Swimming is a god excercise if you have access to a pool and have time for longer bouts of cardio to mix in with the Insanity. You kind of need a legit olympic pool to put in any good work though. It's annoying in a recreational pool.

My community college has a big pool . I do need to focus on my pull ups. My body weird I have good stamina and I'm a strong dude for my height. But man my pull up game and push-up game is iffy lol.

my push-ups improved but my pull ups need work. I saw some YouTube videos to check out but of the YouTube fitness guys are bogus or making things up.

i like this guy name barbarian and scooby.

5 minutes ago, Dashing202 said:

But man my pull up game and push-up game is iffy lol.

There's a military excercise called a "half-monty" I think, something dumb like that, essentially it's this:

10 pushups
5 pullups
60 second rest
repeat until you puke or your muscles simply give in (usually it'll be the pullups)

If you're trying to improve your pullups/pushups for a test literally the best thing you can do is a bunch of pullups and pushups, and this will help with your cardio/endurance too.

EDIT: Obv you can tweak the # of pushups/pullups to suit your abilities.

Edited by cddolphin
  • Like 1

Just now, cddolphin said:

There's a military excercise called a "half-monty" I think, something dumb like that, essentially it's this:

10 pushups
5 pullups
60 second rest
repeat until you puke or your muscles simply give in (usually it'll be the pullups)

If you're trying to improve your pullups/pushups for a test literally the best thing you can do is a bunch of pullups and pushups, and this will help with your cardio/endurance too.

Nice ?? you think this would be better before or after cardio bro ?.

Just now, Dashing202 said:

Nice ?? you think this would be better before or after cardio bro ?.

People have different opinions. I like to start with the higher-intensity workouts (after warming up) and do the 'easier' stuff after. If you wear yourself out with cardio you won't have the "oomph" in your strength training, in my own personal experience.

For fasting it works great to lose weight. Did it from age 13 - 23.

It will work. But I wouldn’t advise 10 days. Periods of 3 days is normally what I did in wrestling. But instantly you dive into food that’s unhealthy your body will try and absorb that. 

Outside of wrestling season I normally would weight close to 170, wrestling came around for 6 months I was near that 130 range for most.

if you fast in periods you won’t do much damage to your muscles. It will help keep off weight and you will be able to maintain with energy. 

10 hours ago, gopherwrestler said:

For fasting it works great to lose weight. Did it from age 13 - 23.

It will work. But I wouldn’t advise 10 days. Periods of 3 days is normally what I did in wrestling. But instantly you dive into food that’s unhealthy your body will try and absorb that. 

Outside of wrestling season I normally would weight close to 170, wrestling came around for 6 months I was near that 130 range for most.

if you fast in periods you won’t do much damage to your muscles. It will help keep off weight and you will be able to maintain with energy. 

Wait ? Fasting as in eat once a day?.