Weightlifting & Fitness - Everything old is new again!

fretgod99

On ‎4‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 7:52 PM, Sugashane said:

Right by Springfield IL. The only ART practitioner I know of around here is Dr.Zobrist. If he is that would be awesome.

Thanks a lot man!

If you are ever near Chicago look up Mike Bystol, Bystol Performance Center.  I've taken a class with him he is very talented and can help you out big time.  We will also be taking a dry needling course with Swedish doctor Peter Lundgren at the end of May.

23 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Trying to add more muscle. I'm 6'3" 215-220 now. Trying to get to 225-230. I ran my macros and I need to eat 350g of carbs.

How do you get that amount of carbs in in a day? Any advise would be appreciated. 

My Macros are 351 carbs. 234 protein. 87 fat. 

Carbs are easy lol.

Pasta, potatoes, oats, juices, rice, etc.

5 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Carbs are easy lol.

Pasta, potatoes, oats, juices, rice, etc.

Yeah it shouldn’t be a problem and it’s cheap. Baked potatoes are easy, smoothies, whole grain pasta, etc. 

Make a bunch of pancakes with whole wheat/oat batter and freeze them, pop em in the toaster each money and top with peanut butter. 

Edited by CaliforniaKid7

Just now, CaliforniaKid7 said:

Yeah it shouldn’t be a problem and it’s cheap. Baked potatoes are easy, smoothies, whole grain pasta, etc. 

Overnight oats. 

If you like raisins mix equal parts raisins and steel cut oats and cover in milk.  Put in the fridge overnight.

They’re awesome imo.

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Overnight oats. 

If you like raisins mix equal parts raisins and steel cut oats and cover in milk.  Put in the fridge overnight.

They’re awesome imo.

Yes big fan of them. I throw some Greek yogurt in there, peanut butter and flax seed, maybe some chocolate chips too. 

Just now, sunnygsm said:

Anyone have any experience with IF? How did you fare with it compared to conventional methods etc? I'm thinking of trying it out.

It still comes down to CICO (calories in calories out). While it's true that you will have increased ketogenesis starting around hour 10-12 of fasting it gets balanced out by decreased metabolism and energy need. I got really fat over the winter. Injured my hammy during a field exercise in October, Thanksgiving and Christmas happened without working out, then I sat on my *** for 2 months writing my thesis. Ballooned from 185lb ~12%BF to 210lb. I've been IF for the last 8 weeks and am back down to 194. I find that it simply makes it easier to make the calorie deficit. It's easier for me personally to simply say no than to say stop.

21 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Trying to add more muscle. I'm 6'3" 215-220 now. Trying to get to 225-230. I ran my macros and I need to eat 350g of carbs.

How do you get that amount of carbs in in a day? Any advise would be appreciated. 

My Macros are 351 carbs. 234 protein. 87 fat. 

OJ, white rice, potatoes.  Do the OJ post workout then 30-60 mins later have your protein and carbs.  Small meals of protein and rice every 2 hours should be easy on your digestive system.

19 hours ago, sunnygsm said:

Anyone have any experience with IF? How did you fare with it compared to conventional methods etc? I'm thinking of trying it out.

I lost weight on it. If you eat right while doing it, it will help. I would think of a plan/schedule first, but if you’re looking to drop, Id recommend it.

Finally got that dehydrator.  My first batch of jerky was chicken jerky.  I cut chicken breast into extremely thin slices, marinated it for 24 hours in a lemon/grapefruit marinade for 24 hours, dehydrated it for about 5 hours, baked it at 285 for 20 minutes after that and it is the most I have ever in my life ever frickin ever enjoyed chicken.  OMG, it was the best tasting jerky I have ever had in my life, and I consider myself a jerky aficionado.  Best purchase I have ever made in my life.  Not quite, but I'm so high on the taste of that chicken jerky that I'm exaggerating.  NOT on the best tasting chicken I've ever had in my life part though.  I thought that one was going to be the worst of the two.  I've got buffalo wing sauce chicken marinade jerky in the oven now and I can't wait to try it. 

If anybody wants a high protein, low carb/low fat snack with low sodium, buy yourself a dehydrator.  I am going to make so, so, so, so, so much jerky.  The dehydrator I got was under 50 dollars, too. 

• Like 1