Weightlifting & Fitness - Everything old is new again!

fretgod99

On 10/20/2018 at 6:09 PM, jonu62882 said:

So, I am down almost 30 lbs since this post (weighed in at 221 today after almost a month and a half of dieting and light/medium cardio).

Good to hear. Life is all about improvement. (Body, knowledge, skills, earnings, relationships, anything really)

• Like 2

On 10/17/2018 at 10:35 AM, freak_of_nature said:

Went from 283 to 260 on my 2-week fast. Now I'm eating only between 7-9pm everyday with some workout nutrition in the AM.

My eating window consists of beef, eggs, some fish, brussel sprouts, salad, walnuts, and broccoli. And nutrition supplements (fishoil, calcium, circumin, biotin, CoQ10, collagen powder, and superfood powder.)About 1600 calories in that window. 

How much muscle do you think you're down in those two weeks?

1 minute ago, braylon said:

How much muscle do you think you're down in those two weeks?

A negligible amount. The muscles just become flat due to lack of nutrients I only went from 19-in arms to 18-in. (of course fat was lost there too)

When you go to ZERO calories, the body produces HGH to spare the muscle.

On ‎10‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 10:20 PM, cddolphin said:

What are those? Is that the 10 sets of 10 workout?

That's German Volume Training.

GBC structure will depend on the condition and how advanced the person is.  I start my clients off with super sets alternating upper and lower, working all the way up to giant sets.  Keep the rest 30-60s between exercises like Squats and Chin ups and you'll be smoked.

7 hours ago, freak_of_nature said:

The muscles just become flat due to lack of nutrients I only went from 19-in arms to 18-in. (of course fat was lost there too)

And with 3 weeks of quality training, nutrition, and workout nutrition, I'm back closer to 19-in

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/24/2018 at 8:32 AM, freak_of_nature said:

A negligible amount. The muscles just become flat due to lack of nutrients I only went from 19-in arms to 18-in. (of course fat was lost there too)

When you go to ZERO calories, the body produces HGH to spare the muscle.

Do you stop lifting when you're fasting? I cannot imagine you are lifting (or running, or anything for that matter lol) while consuming literally ZERO calories.

4 hours ago, braylon said:

Do you stop lifting when you're fasting? I cannot imagine you are lifting (or running, or anything for that matter lol) while consuming literally ZERO calories.

I've done light weight training during my last fast. That probably was in the middle of the fast. I'm going to try it towards the end of my fast because typically I feel my best then. 

I'm starting another 14-day one today.

Edited by freak_of_nature

1 hour ago, freak_of_nature said:

I've done light weight training during my last fast. That probably was in the middle of the fast. I'm going to try it towards the end of my fast because typically I feel my best then. 

I'm starting another 14-day one today.

What does a 14 day fast for you entail? I can't imagine you literally go 14 days without consuming any calories.. Right? What kind of supplements do you go on? I'm intrigued by this lol.

3 minutes ago, braylon said:

What does a 14 day fast for you entail? I can't imagine you literally go 14 days without consuming any calories.. Right? What kind of supplements do you go on? I'm intrigued by this lol.

No calories. No supps. Some days I'll have mineral water with added potassium, table salt, and baking soda. Some days I go dry.

16 minutes ago, freak_of_nature said:

No calories. No supps. Some days I'll have mineral water with added potassium, table salt, and baking soda. Some days I go dry.

When I said supps I also meant vitamins. You don't even take any vitamins or anything?! Also.. when you say dry you mean absolutely no water too?

Just now, freak_of_nature said:

No vitamins.

Dry = absolutely no water

Why no water and no vitamins? I'm curious. Not trying to imply you're wrong for doing it this way, as I have absolutely no clue what's right and wrong when it comes to fasting like this. Just genuinely curious about this.