Weightlifting & Fitness - Everything old is new again!

fretgod99

9 hours ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

What does everyone want to talk/learn about? Let's get some more discussion!

SARMS

After my last 14-day fast, I'm having a difficult time getting my strength back. and I'd like some assistance. This would be my first time doing something "un-natty".

18 hours ago, freak_of_nature said:

SARMS

After my last 14-day fast, I'm having a difficult time getting my strength back. and I'd like some assistance. This would be my first time doing something "un-natty".

Man I just don’t understand what you are trying to do. You seem to be trying all these extreme things like long fasting and now want to get into SARMS, when you would be so much better off with simple, balanced diet and exercise.

just... why?

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

Man I just don’t understand what you are trying to do. You seem to be trying all these extreme things like long fasting and now want to get into SARMS, when you would be so much better off with simple, balanced diet and exercise.

just... why?

^^^^^

I mean, yeah. Don’t wanna lose gains?  Don’t starve for a week.

Youre making this more difficult than it needs to be.

3 minutes ago, freak_of_nature said:

I've been able to bench over 400 lb for almost 10 years now. I've stopped trying to "make gains" awhile ago. Now it's about autophogy and quality of health, while keeping the strength I have.

So it’s about health, but you want SARMS?  

9 minutes ago, freak_of_nature said:

It usually takes me only 4 weeks to get my full strength back after a 14-day fast. And I look way better.

But then you’ve gained the weight back, right?

Not trying to sht in your Cheerios, but I think it’s fair to say there may be some points worth reconsidering with your plan, especially if sustainable, long term health is the goal.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

So it’s about health, but you want SARMS?  

But then you’ve gained the weight back, right?

Not trying to sht in your Cheerios, but I think it’s fair to say there may be some points worth reconsidering with your plan, especially if sustainable, long term health is the goal.

I gain a portion of the weight back. But that's my fault for bingeing with bad food afterwards, not the fault of the fast. As a matter of fact, I only crave healthy food for the first week after the fast and sugar tastes bad for a while.

Also, a portion of the portion of weight I gain back isn't fat. When I went from 290 to 260, then crept up to 280, I looked WAY better at 280 at 290, so I think there's something to the notion of good weight returning.

SARMS are something I've heard about. One lowers cholesterol and another helps heal joints, in addition to the weightloss and anabolic properties. I've been reading a lot about them and there seems to be very few bad experiences, and no serious side affects like steroids. Just keep them at low dosages.

Also, after a lot of research, I believe autophagy is the key to healthy longevity.

Edited by freak_of_nature

35 minutes ago, freak_of_nature said:

I gain a portion of the weight back. But that's my fault for bingeing with bad food afterwards, not the fault of the fast.

That is precisely why steady, balanced diets are recommended and the most successful. Fasting and fad diets just lead to rebounding too often.

1 hour ago, freak_of_nature said:

I gain a portion of the weight back. But that's my fault for bingeing with bad food afterwards, not the fault of the fast.

Of course not, but it’s also a byproduct of taking an extreme measure to lose the weight in the first place as oppose to developing solid habits day in, day out.

Your approach to losing weight is essentially the same as a lifter who wants to bench (insert weight here) going HAM and benching everyday for 3 months and then taking 2 months off because his joints are killing him and he has tendinitis. It’s not about how hard you can grind on something for a short period, it’s about consistency over the long haul.

Also, a portion of the portion of weight I gain back isn't fat. When I went from 290 to 260, then crept up to 280, I looked WAY better at 280 at 290, so I think there's something to the notion of good weight returning.

If you’re a natty, seasoned lifter you’re not gaining but a couple pounds of lean muscle per year, and you probably know that. 

SARMS are something I've heard about. One lowers cholesterol and another helps heal joints, in addition to the weightloss and anabolic properties. I've been reading a lot about them and there seems to be very few bad experiences, and no serious side affects like steroids. Just keep them at low dosages.

Are you reading peer reviewed studies or anecdotal stories?

Also, after a lot of research, I believe autophagy is the key to healthy longevity.

I agree there’s definitely a lot of positives, but, like most things, the benefits are likely best achieved in moderation.

• Like 1

OK, so I don't know my exact BMI or body fat % is, but about when should I look into doing a "cut"?

Reached 170 this week. I was about 150 a year ago, and decided to gain some weight. Got put on medicine that increases my appetite as a side effect.

Should I reach a higher weight before cutting? I'm 5' 11" and have been eating anything and everything and working out 3x a week. I personally think i'm still pretty skinny though. Maybe have some excess fat in my midsection but can kinda see my abs when i flex if that makes sense lol.  

28 minutes ago, Fl0nkerton said:

OK, so I don't know my exact BMI or body fat % is, but about when should I look into doing a "cut"?

Reached 170 this week. I was about 150 a year ago, and decided to gain some weight. Got put on medicine that increases my appetite as a side effect.

Should I reach a higher weight before cutting? I'm 5' 11" and have been eating anything and everything and working out 3x a week. I personally think i'm still pretty skinny though. Maybe have some excess fat in my midsection but can kinda see my abs when i flex if that makes sense lol.  

5'11" 170 seems really small to do a cut. Just eat BIG and  CLEAN and keep hitting the weights, 4-5x per week. Good things should happen with your body composition. 

Maybe some dextrin and bcaa's/peptides at workout and post workout if you feel the need for workout nutrition.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, freak_of_nature said:

5'11" 170 seems really small to do a cut. Just eat BIG and  CLEAN and keep hitting the weights, 4-5x per week. Good things should happen with your body composition. 

Maybe some dextrin and bcaa's/peptides at workout and post workout if you feel the need for workout nutrition.

Yeah, you're probably right. I shouldn't complain about being an ectomorph, but it gets frustrating 9_9

On ‎11‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 1:45 PM, Fl0nkerton said:

Hard to say without a percentage or picture but I would say just get bigger, don't cut.

However if you really want to cut you always cut first then get bigger,  It's easier to put on muscle when you are insulin sensitive.