Weightlifting & Fitness - Everything old is new again!

fretgod99

37 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Congrats.

I just ordered an OmegaQuant which is giving me a full fatty acid panel, omega 3:6 ratio, trans fats, saturated, poly levels, AA/EPA ratio.  Excited for this test then when I can schedule a trip from Long Island to a Connecticut (NY blood laws a strict) I am going to do a full intensive panel of everything.

Why bother with any Omega 6 supplementation? It’s everywhere. People need a lot of Omega 3.

On 12/17/2020 at 9:48 AM, jetsfan4life51 said:

I'm not supplementing Omega 6, I'm doing a blood test to see my fatty acid profile and 3:6 ratio.

I will say sardines have a TON of omega 3 - over 2000mg in each of the small 3oz containers, so around $1.50 per day at WalMart.

Just a note in the off chance they say you need to increase it. It can be done cheap and doesn't taste bad IMO.

5 hours ago, Sugashane said:

I will say sardines have a TON of omega 3 - over 2000mg in each of the small 3oz containers, so around $1.50 per day at WalMart.

Just a note in the off chance they say you need to increase it. It can be done cheap and doesn't taste bad IMO.

I know I don't need to increase it, it's included in the fatty acid panel I'm doing.  I like knowing where all of my numbers are at so I can retest each year.

And I don't mind sardines they aren't as bad as people make them out to be.

• Like 1

I have been failing on diet and exercise the past couple weeks due to a messed up work schedule due to a messed up renovation.

Starting January 1st it's going to be no excuses.

For the rest of winter it's going to be:

5 day split
Monday: Chest/Shoulders
Tuesday: Legs/Core
Thursday: Arms (Biceps, Triceps, forearms)
Friday: Back/Core
Saturday: Full body

I'm also cutting out beer and replacing it with:

Vodka, carbonated water and lime juice.
Tequila, carbonated water and lime juice.
Whiskey straight

I'm going full hippie diet, too.  Well, hippie except for the meat:

Lean beef
Lamb
Chicken breast
Turkey breast
Salmon (in the can/bag I cannot stand the taste of fish)
Oysters
Shrimp
Canned shrimp for salads
Eggs
Greek yogurt
Cottage cheese
Black beans, kidney beans, chickpeas
Edamame
Quinoa
Brown rice
Spinach
Kale, broccoli, raspberries, strawberries, blueberries, almonds, oats, apple cider vinegar, lentils, carrots, chia seeds, sweet potatoes, avocadoes, grapefruit, watermelon, bananas...

No fast food.  No processed crap, no frozen meals. 

With that kind of diet, I expect I will have to eat a lot smaller meals a lot more often.  Probably change from eating once every four hours to once every two hours.

Either that or I will have to start bringing a gallon of milk with me to work each day and drink two cups of it after every meal because it's gonna be tough to be getting 40 grams of protein every four hours and still enjoy eating if I'm going to be cutting out most bread and junk. 

There's this one recipe I posted here at least two years ago that I can't remember, but it was the best salad I had ever made in my life and it was completely made up on the spot.

It had raddish, black beans, avocado, lime and other stuff and I cannot for the life of me remember the other stuff.  I'm gonna be making more salads like that and throwing tiny tiny chicken breast chunks, canned shrimp and other protein in it with only naturally occurring components for dressings.  That one salad I made was perfect for this because the lime juice made it perfect without any need for dressing.

5 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

With that kind of diet, I expect I will have to eat a lot smaller meals a lot more often.  Probably change from eating once every four hours to once every two hours.

Either that or I will have to start bringing a gallon of milk with me to work each day and drink two cups of it after every meal because it's gonna be tough to be getting 40 grams of protein every four hours and still enjoy eating if I'm going to be cutting out most bread and junk. 

Why do you need 40 grams every 4 hours?  

Down 10 lbs in a couple weeks from exercise and calorie counting but upon looking up healthy recipes I came across “kcal”, which i assumed was calorie shortened but upon researching it, it said 1 kcal is 1000 calories, so this 283 kcal smoothie is 283,000 calories, very cool. And it says there’s a difference between Calorie and calorie and I’ve officially lost any semblance of interest in the topic and will stop caring about the science of it all. 

On 12/26/2020 at 8:54 PM, Ty21 said:

Down 10 lbs in a couple weeks from exercise and calorie counting but upon looking up healthy recipes I came across “kcal”, which i assumed was calorie shortened but upon researching it, it said 1 kcal is 1000 calories, so this 283 kcal smoothie is 283,000 calories, very cool. And it says there’s a difference between Calorie and calorie and I’ve officially lost any semblance of interest in the topic and will stop caring about the science of it all. 

real men measure their food in joules

• Like 1

I used to take NO-Xplode and it didn't bother me. Now if I take that or C4 or any pre-workout NO booster I puke and feel like crap all day.

Has this happened to anyone else? Is there pre-workout that won't have this effect on me?

Edited by twslhs20

On 12/26/2020 at 8:54 PM, Ty21 said:

the calorie comes from the energy it takes to raise the temperature of 1 g of water by 1 degree C. Thermodynamics

The kcal is just a unit conversion short hand. Like kilogram or kilometer.

The metric system is fun.

2 hours ago, twslhs20 said:

the calorie comes from the energy it takes to raise the temperature of 1 g of water by 1 degree C. Thermodynamics

The kcal is just a unit conversion short hand. Like kilogram or kilometer.

The metric system is fun.

That's Ty21. Youll see he drops in to be highly sarcastic/comical or sometimes usually introspective. Lol

22 hours ago, twslhs20 said:

I used to take NO-Xplode and it didn't bother me. Now if I take that or C4 or any pre-workout NO booster I puke and feel like crap all day.

Has this happened to anyone else? Is there pre-workout that won't have this effect on me?

Also I tried Mike Mathews Pulse by Legion. Again, made me sick. Maybe it's just me, or maybe e I need to go capsule form.

This 4 Gage gets good reviews online. I'm kinda at a loss.