Weightlifting & Fitness - Everything old is new again!

fretgod99

I love bbq, so I mix up the sauces on my chicken to keep from getting bored. When I'm disciplined, that's my lunch pretty much every weekday for months. Chicken with green stuff of some sort. Sometimes brown rice if I'm not trying to cut weight as hard. Strawberries or some other light fruit can be a nice add.

6 hours ago, fretgod99 said:

I love bbq, so I mix up the sauces on my chicken to keep from getting bored. When I'm disciplined, that's my lunch pretty much every weekday for months. Chicken with green stuff of some sort. Sometimes brown rice if I'm not trying to cut weight as hard. Strawberries or some other light fruit can be a nice add.

This was a key ingredient to my diet that helped me lose weight, actually. Grilled, shredded chicken (between 6-12 oz) pico de gallo (sp?) with low sodium salt and cayenne pepper. Breakfast was two hard boiled eggs, half an orange. Dinner was usually some ground turkey with pico, scooped into romaine lettuce leaves (like a taco).

Lots of water, too. About 80-100 oz through the course of the day.

I know they're expensive for what they are. But the microwavable steam-able meals are a godsend. I usually have one for lunch, and then throw one of them in my salad for dinner. They're not super dense on calories(only 440 for lunch, and 600 for dinner), but are incredibly filling until I get to my lunch break.

9 minutes ago, Gmen4ev said:

I know they're expensive for what they are. But the microwavable steam-able meals are a godsend. I usually have one for lunch, and then throw one of them in my salad for dinner. They're not super dense on calories(only 440 for lunch, and 600 for dinner), but are incredibly filling until I get to my lunch break.

Yeah, I use microwavable steam bags for my lunch vegetables. More expensive but much more convenient, takes less time, and makes it more likely I'll be able to cook it when I'm home for lunch. I try to cook my lunches in bulk for the week. That helps a bunch too.

Just now, fretgod99 said:

Yeah, I use microwavable steam bags for my lunch vegetables. More expensive but much more convenient, takes less time, and makes it more likely I'll be able to cook it when I'm home for lunch. I try to cook my lunches in bulk for the week. That helps a bunch too.

When I get my own place I'll likely move away from the steamables and buy/cook everything in bulk.. But at the moment its nice spending only a dollar for more a meal I can make in 4 minutes. Whats also nice is the lack of sodium in them. For what they are I'd have expected there to be 80% of my daily value in a bag. But usually only 10-15% at most.

When I was really into eating clean and counting macros I would cook/prep everything on sunday mornings for the week. 

Really is quite simple once you get the hang of it.

Brown rice bowls have become an obsession for me. So many ways to change it up so it doesn't get old. Shrimp, Chicken, Pork, Steak....Asian, BBQ, Thai, Curry....damn now I'm hungry again. 

On 7/18/2017 at 4:52 PM, Gmen4ev said:

So I'm trying to get swole af. 

But apparently my protein intake should be 250ish grams.

Now I have a protein shake for breakfast 50ish, 20ish for lunch, and then 35ish for dinner.

How the heck can I add on another 145 grams without feeling bloated/gain a crap ton of weight?

Put 4-5 scoops pf protein in a half gallon of milk or 6-8 scoops  in a gallon of milk .. and take pulls/chugs off it over 24 hours or so. Start with a half gallon and 4 scoops of protein and build up. 

Good luck buddy. 

20 minutes ago, Pats#1 said:

When I was really into eating clean and counting macros I would cook/prep everything on sunday mornings for the week. 

Really is quite simple once you get the hang of it.

Its a terrific idea my only thing is chicken and vegetables on 3rd-4th day gets a little rough/not so fresh. But thats if your prepping for the week. 

Edited by Bednarik60

11 hours ago, fretgod99 said:

I read/hear all the time to how frozen vegetables actually are better then fresh in terms of just nutrient content cause there flash frozen on site. So its really a solid move. 

Edited by Bednarik60

4 minutes ago, Bednarik60 said:

Put 4-5 scoops pf protein in a half gallon of milk or 6-8 scoops  in a gallon of milk .. and take pulls/chugs off it over 24 hours or so. Start with a half gallon and 4 scoops of protein and build up. 

Good luck buddy. 

Sounds like  white supremacist move ;)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bednarik60 said:

Its a terrific idea my only thing is chicken and vegetables on 3rd-4th day gets a little rough/not so fresh. 

That's why I'll prep most of my veggies so that I can cook them up real quick. 

If I'm going to eat it within the first couple days I'll go ahead and cook it Sunday, but if not...I'll just pre-cut and package them, or cook and freeze them, for a quite cooking/re-heating when it's time to eat. 

8 minutes ago, Bednarik60 said:

Good luck buddy. 

So I gotta buy a gallon of milk a day? Bro that's gonna seriously cut into my McDonald's budget.