Weightlifting & Fitness - Everything old is new again!

fretgod99

3 minutes ago, Bednarik60 said:

I have had some friends do the hardcore food prep thing and im just like "your eating steak and broccoli you cooked, 5 days later?" lol ... O.o

All about undercooking the meat just the right amount so the microwave/oven doesn't dry it out. 

5 minutes ago, Gmen4ev said:

So I gotta buy a gallon of milk a day? Bro that's gonna seriously cut into my McDonald's budget.

LOL you probably want to start with a half gallon... .. with 4-5 scoops of protein that would come out pretty close/in the ball park of 150-160 grams of protein. 

Edited by Bednarik60

43 minutes ago, Bednarik60 said:

LOL you probably want to start with a half gallon... .. with 4-5 scoops of protein that would come out pretty close/in the ball park of 150-160 grams of protein. 

Bro. That's how I get kidney stones. I'm good.

59 minutes ago, Bednarik60 said:

Im trying right now to go more for general health-well being. Switching to a 33% 33% 33% diet of carbs, protein and fats. Going to focus on eating more vegetables and fruits. 

I'm not sure I'd go with a straight even displacement of your macro ratios. 

Use a site or formula found online to get your estimated TDEE. If you aren't trying to essentially lose weight or gain weight, but be more healthy, eat the same amount of calories as your TDEE.

For your macros, a good base for a normal person not trying to gain muscle is:

Protein ~ .6 grams/lb bodyweight (minimum)

Fat ~ .4 grams/lb bodyweight (minimum)

Carbs you can fill in with whatever is left over.

Carbs give you energy but nutritionally they offer you nothing but fuel for energy. Protein and Fat are the two essential needs for your body, you could survive off of just these two thing (keto), however most people find that diet miserable.

You need to remember that the TDEE the formula or site gives you is just an estimate. Use that as your start point, monitor your weight after following it for two weeks, and then adjust accordingly. 

Edited by Pats#1

1 hour ago, Bednarik60 said:

I have had some friends do the hardcore food prep thing and im just like "your eating steak and broccoli you cooked, 5 days later?" lol ... O.o

When I do food prep for lunch it's usually 4 days. Make it Monday. Eat the last one Thursday. Not ideal but if I had to cook every day I wouldn't do it. And usually it's just the meat so I steam the vegies that day.

Bbq helps. xD

1 minute ago, Gmen4ev said:

Too much lactose builds up lactic acid, too much lactic acid means kidney stones.

I guess genetics.. I know plenty of people who do that , i have done it for years...Lactose just works like most other sugars in the body. 

you could mix protein powder with some sorta of lactose free shake/smoothie recipe or ice and something else that "fits your macros" and go about that way to. I just mentioned milk cause its sooooo easy to just throw a couple scoops in a milk container shake it up and took a few pulls... 

49 minutes ago, Pats#1 said:

good base for a normal person not trying to gain muscle is:

Protein ~ .6 grams/lb bodyweight (minimum)

Why minimum? That's literally the max that a body builder working out or 2 hours, 6 days a week needs.

23 minutes ago, iPwn said:

Why minimum? That's literally the max that a body builder working out or 2 hours, 6 days a week needs.

Whoops. 

When I say bodyweight I mean Lean Body Mass

But I also don't think .6 grams/lb is the absolute max. It's on the upper end for sure, but most of the research papers I went over said around .75-.8g/lb (lean body mass) has been the recommended dose for those with high protein needs and high levels of exercise.