Devontae Booker Fractured Wrist, Will Miss 6-8 weeks

Broncofan

Well, we're almost certainly going to carry 5 RB's (4 plus Janovich) into Week 1 now, with Booker headed to PUP with wrist fracture, out 6-8 weeks.  At least PUP prevents a roster crunch if he hits that for regular season but bad news if he misses first 7 games.   Having to rely on both CJ and JC to be healthy is a stretch (CJ being more likely to be ok) and blocking / playbook integration is a huge task for a small school back like D-Henderson.   Best case is Booker only misses 1-2 games.  He may or may not be good enough for a full split but his pass game chops alone and understanding of blocking assignments alone (much better in 2H than 1H) made him a roster lock and still does.    

Bad luck to have a wrist fracture at any time, but what's really unfortunate was that Booker's wrist was sore in OTA's and no tests were done then.  Could have immobilized it then and started his recovery rather than leave it untreated.   Someone dropped the ball there.  Oh well, what's done is done.

http://www.9news.com/sports/devontae-booker-out-with-wrist-injury/459838957

One of my bold predictions for this year is that Jamaal Charles leads the RB's in all purpose yards.  Wouldn't surprise me one bit, especially now.  I really wanna see what Henderson can do back there too though.

Tough break for Booker but this is a position where we have the depth to sustain production after an injury.  Hopefully they play things slow with him so we have fresh legs coming back around week 6, assuming he goes to PUP.

Archived