Haha's Attitude Problem

incognito_man

50 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

Attitude reflects leadership....and the Packers have taken some serious hits on the leadership side

Woodson is gone, Peppers is gone, Shields gone... Matthews isn't a leader of men. Who is taking the leadership role for the Packers defense ?

Daniels helps, maybe Burnett too. But CWood wouldn't have tolerated that performance from HaHa

CWood had one of the worst attitudes right when he got here and it was Mike McCarthy's talk with him about becoming and acting like a leader that changed him. I couldn't find that article but I did find one about how bad his attitude was regarded throughout the league. 

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=9&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjD-YyqsrzYAhVEhOAKHXF7AFAQFghYMAg&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.espn.com%2Fnfl%2Fcolumns%2Fstory%3Fpage%3Dhotread15%2FWoodson&usg=AOvVaw35qiSZqJRI84Y_U7QQZ-Pi

2 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Is this a hard knocks reference ha

Yeah, the guy literally didn't show up and wanted to quit. Dude, I get that HaHa didn't have a great year. He should handle it better, but to give up on a pro bowl safety is insane. Should we have cut Adams? How about Randall? Let's just calm down and watch him play better next year.

20 minutes ago, MNPackfan32 said:

Yeah, the guy literally didn't show up and wanted to quit. Dude, I get that HaHa didn't have a great year. He should handle it better, but to give up on a pro bowl safety is insane. Should we have cut Adams? How about Randall? Let's just calm down and watch him play better next year.

I'm just gonna laugh at the hard knocks reference and move on...

Not sure how Adams fits into this convo at all...

As far as Randall, if he sucked, had a bad atritude and threw his teammates under the bus I wouldn't be a fan of it either. He stepped up however.

5 minutes ago, MNPackfan32 said:

Nobody is legit asking him to be cut though I don't think. He winked after lol

You're either part of the problem or part of the solution .. ha ha better figure that out.  He's looked to by others for leadership, and I didn't see much of that from him on the field this year .. not seeing much productivity in his comments either.  Hopefully McCarthy can help set him back on the right path .. seems he lost his way this year.

25 minutes ago, cannondale said:

As if I couldn't get any more pissed at Capers, here we are and I honestly think it's impossible to even evaluate our own players because things were so bad. What a dumpster fire.

Yep.

The defensive shart show was allowed to go on for so long that it is nearly impossible to determine who is to blame for what at this point.

I don't think HHCD was a bad pick and have been shocked at his regression, not just this year but last. Is that on HaHa himself, or is it on Ted due to the the lack of veteran talent needed to play Dom's D, is it Dom's fault, all of the above?

Does Ted get a black eye for trading up and drafting Hayward and letting him go after 4 years only to see the guy turn into an All-Pro with the Chargers? 

Was Hyde a slow corner, or just stupidly asked to play there when he is a natural ball hawking Safety in the NFL as he demonstrated in Buffalo?

Was Datone Jones just a crappy 1st round pick, or would he have prospered if not misused in Dom's defense?

59 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

Attitude reflects leadership....and the Packers have taken some serious hits on the leadership side

Woodson is gone, Peppers is gone, Shields gone... Matthews isn't a leader of men. Who is taking the leadership role for the Packers defense ?

Daniels helps, maybe Burnett too. But CWood wouldn't have tolerated that performance from HaHa

Leadership has been lacking on the team, as a whole, for quite some time.  When Woodson left, there was this huge void of veteran reasoning.  Williams (Tramon) stepped up.  Matthews did not.  Daniels tries, but his play doesn't back up his mouth, not because his play isn't good, but rather his mouth is just that big.  Charles had the play and the reasonable voice to be heard.

And it isn't just about football between the chalked lines, it's life in the NFL.  Little things like finding housing, investing money, getting married....all of these things that these young adults are dealing with.  Interns or staff members can only help so much.  It does wonders for a team, with young players, to have a wise old vet giving them sage advice.

On offense, I think Rodgers has a voice, but I'm uncertain just how much others relate to him.  

We know that Sitton had a voice, right or wrong.  Lang was much respected.  Never heard much about Bulaga in that regard.

Moving forward, I think the next leader on the team will emerge and be Blake Martinez.  Kid is tough, smart and will play his heart out every single game.  Guys will rally around him.  I think that Biegel has a chance, too.  His love of football and his worth ethic will rub off on some.  The question is....will HHCD step up and be a real leader?  Will he follow other guys who are younger than him?   Tough questions.

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

I stole your post and links ha

It's thread worthy IMO. His attidue and effort sucked this year. I don't care what his excuses are, it's B.S. and he's not that good anyway.

Hyde and Heyward were supposedly not that good on their way out either. Flash forward to where both are now. 

2 minutes ago, WaitWhat said:

Hyde and Heyward were supposedly not that good on their way out either. Flash forward to where both are now. 

Hyde always flashed but was clearly played out of position. Same with Hayward (slot vs. outside).

HHCD's regression and attitude problems are a major concern. Whether it's just because of coaching or what, they need to figure out if they can fix his issues or if he needs to change it up as well.

2 minutes ago, WaitWhat said:

Ok. 

Look at datone Jones.

Some of you are missing the point here: his attitude sucks even more than his play. He's a fairly low ceiling guy anyway. I'd move on from him easy if we had a better option in FA (like joyner).

12 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I'm just gonna laugh at the hard knocks reference and move on...

Not sure how Adams fits into this condo at all...

As far as Randall, if he sucked, had a bad atritude and threw his teammates under the bus I wouldn't be a fan of it either. He stepped up however.

I don't get why you're laughing at it? Unless you think NFL teams actually let HBO manufacture drama within the locker rooms to promote better TV. I find that likely in standard reality TV, but I doubt an NFL organization says "yeah sure, we'll have this guy fake quit the team so your ratings can go up." Then the player says "yeah I'll pretend to quit the team and have fans think I'm a d-bag so you guys can show clips of it to promote the show."

Far more likely dude quit on Jeff Fisher cause he's a crap coach. 

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I don't get why you're laughing at it? Unless you think NFL teams actually let HBO manufacture drama within the locker rooms to promote better TV. I find that likely in standard reality TV, but I doubt an NFL organization says "yeah sure, we'll have this guy fake quit the team so your ratings can go up." Then the player says "yeah I'll pretend to quit the team and have fans think I'm a d-bag so you guys can show clips of it to promote the show."

Far more likely dude quit on Jeff Fisher cause he's a crap coach. 

1) of course they manufacture drama

2) he didn't even quit from what I read in like 2min. Went something like 'whats my role here Jeff, I want to start' 'youre the nickel back, it's a starter position' 'ok, cool'

3 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

1) of course they manufacture drama

2) he didn't even quit from what I read in like 2min. Went something like 'whats my role here Jeff, I want to start' 'youre the nickel back, it's a starter position' 'ok, cool'

You've seen what any outspoken player issue does to that player in a fan base (i.e. the thread we're in right now) what player is going to agree to fake drama? I don't see it. 

He was MIA for a full day and came into Jeff Fishers office and said he wasn't sure if he wanted to keep playing football.

Plus he's a worse player than HHCD at his peak anyway.

Archived