Sign in to follow this  
HangOnSloopy

Alexander Out as OL Coach!

It was time. 

Probably his second biggest failure this year was not recognizing that his best line was sitting the bench at the start of the season. 

Westerman

Redmon

Smith

Boling at LT

Biggest failure this year was not going to these guys at some point in the middle of the season when the starting line clearly wasn't working. If ced and Fisher hadn't gotten hurt, we might never have known. 

I hope not, as good as he did the last two games, I don't think he is a long term solution. If our personel doesn't change, then I think we have to though.

All depends on personnel.  If Boling is the best we have, put him out there.  I doubt they reach for a LT if one isn't there in rd 1 or maybe rd 2, and I doubt they spend big in FA for a LT, so odds are we see either Boling at LT to start next year or they (shudder) run Ced back out there.

LT: Boling
LG: Redmond
C: Billy Price
RG: Westerman
RT: Smith

I'd at least have some hope if that is what we run out there to start next year.

9 hours ago, ochocinco4pres said:

Anyone think Boling will start next season as the starting LT?

I hope not.  He was okay, but he gave up pressure.  Draft a LT/Rt, put Boling to C/LG, then use Westerman and redmond in the other two spots (RG/C) or draft a center like Price/Ragnow in the second and have the loser of the Redmond/Westerman scrum be the backup

20 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

All depends on personnel.  If Boling is the best we have, put him out there.  I doubt they reach for a LT if one isn't there in rd 1 or maybe rd 2, and I doubt they spend big in FA for a LT, so odds are we see either Boling at LT to start next year or they (shudder) run Ced back out there.

LT: Boling
LG: Redmond
C: Billy Price
RG: Westerman
RT: Smith

I'd at least have some hope if that is what we run out there to start next year.

I really don't think Ced or Fisher get cut, which makes it hard to add two new starters. Smith is a FA , right? So new tackle replaces him, new center replaces Bodine. Start next year with:

LT-Boling

LG-Ced

C-Ragnow

RG-Westerman

RT-Brown

Fisher, Hopkins, Redmond and TJ Johnson at backup.

3 hours ago, Beck Bristow said:

I really don't think Ced or Fisher get cut, which makes it hard to add two new starters. Smith is a FA , right? So new tackle replaces him, new center replaces Bodine. Start next year with:

LT-Boling

LG-Ced

C-Ragnow

RG-Westerman

RT-Brown

Fisher, Hopkins, Redmond and TJ Johnson at backup.

That works, but I would put Westerman at LG and Redmond or Ogbhehi at RG

It's annoying how many adequate pieces they seem to have that went all season without use. I'm thinking if I keep Ced I want him at left guard to use his athleticism more. He's not enough of a mauler for RG in my opinion.

Is Fisher coming back? Should I start remembering that kid from Texas that played Sunday?

1 hour ago, Beck Bristow said:

It's annoying how many adequate pieces they seem to have that went all season without use. I'm thinking if I keep Ced I want him at left guard to use his athleticism more. He's not enough of a mauler for RG in my opinion.

Is Fisher coming back? Should I start remembering that kid from Texas that played Sunday?

Hopkins is okay, but JAG