Browns coaching staff won’t be selected for senior bowl

buno67

I attended last year's senior bowl in person, and talk to scouts, and these confirmation bias tweets don't reflect the reality on the ground at the senior bowl nor does it reflect what numerous draft media and personnel people tweeted about the practices last year when at the same time some were tweeting out "Browns are trash pile on-ism."

This is why I hate the media...b/c it's mostly confirmation of a trope, meme, or belief then the twitterverse echo chamber makes it into reality.

This is more Browns pile-on-ism and not fact that was dispelled by many scouts, assistant GMs and media people last year. Those including Matt Waldman RSP, Bucky Brooks, Corey Chavous, the Giants personnel team, some packers staffers, and an assistant GM for the panthers.

In fact, I posted various tweets from national nfl media and former scouts that coaches actually enjoyed the Browns practices but had real problems with the Bears practices.

The only contention with the Browns run practice was an inconvenience on the 3rd day where the coaches had players switch from one side of the field to the next to get them to run to drills repeatedly.

This caused heavy set, bad knees from playing days, unathletic scouting and personnel types to have to haul a** from one end zone to the next.

This also rubbed media people the wrong way.

A few tweets go out about how "Coaches are unhappy with the Browns..." and then the pile on ensues.

I also posted about the "energy issues, practice being too slow..." stated by Matt Miller

When in fact other respected scout/draft media like Matt Waldman and Corey Chavous felt that actually the drills pace was great.

Bucky Brooks reported how great the teaching and transitions from one drill to the next was from Al Saunders.

The consensus at the time was that the Bears practices were disorganized and slow and that's from actual personnel people on the Giants that I sat with as well as the Panthers and packers staffers.

The only real issue that was disappointing to some was that the last day of practice was cut an hour short by the Browns coaches.

Scouts hated that; however, it was done for good reason as the South team had sustained 6 injuries and was hoping to get to the game. You;ll remember Forrest Lamb getting injured as well as others.

Teams don't often coach the senior bowl in back to back years as specified by newer rules instituted by Phil Savage to give players exposure to other coaches.

The idea that we didn't get to coach again was solely because Hueball or Browns ineptitude last year in practice is pile-on-ism that doesn't match reality.

Fans read this stuff from people like Matt Miller. It serves the narrative....tweets go out...people believe it to be true...and then it is fact...

In this case, it's harmless and only shifts and stirs up beliefs over meaningless things like football, but this same false belief echo chamber works very well at stirring up the massess toward acceptance of war and other bulls**t.

We really suck as humans (me included of course) and sifting through the sea of information to grasp what is and what is not.

2 minutes ago, OttoGrahamsGhost said:

Nate Ulrich just reported that the Browns declined to coach in Senior Bowl.  Didn't Hue say that he would love to a couple days ago?

I can't put up the tweeters on here but Josh Norris just tweeted

Coach Hue Jackson and new General Manager John Dorsey decided it would be best to forgo the chance to coach in the Senior Bowl with the Browns anticipating movement on their staff.

1 minute ago, OttoGrahamsGhost said:

Coach Hue Jackson and new General Manager John Dorsey decided it would be best to forgo the chance to coach in the Senior Bowl with the Browns anticipating movement on their staff.

what.gif

33 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

What movement lol?

Didnt Haslam say when he fired Sashi that they wanted to keep the coaches the same for continuity???  We are a damned disgrace...

Info from the fam texted me that Al Saunders is supposedly looking to retire but doesn't wan to abandon Hue, Bob Wylie looking to retire as well, Dewayne Walker is a candidate to join Gruden at the raiders but is also interviewing for DC w/ other teams, and Jerod Kruse our safeties coach is likely not going to be retained.

That would make 4 coaches gone along w/ the decision on a new OC.

Browns coaches literally coached for the first time together at the senior bowl.

Reportedly don't want to do that again as during the same time there will be front office upheaval/reorganization.

Ken Zampese will likely serve as a WRs/Offensive Assistant role.

Not sure who will be the OC.

Also, it is believed that Mike Singletary will come on as LBs coach with Blake Williams moving to take Dewayne Walkers position.

Archived