PFHOF 2018 Modern-Era Finalist Announced

Blazer026

2 minutes ago, showtime said:

I certainly don't think that is laughable.  Ty Law was an amazing player.  Maybe this is incorrect of me, but when I think of Ty Law, I think of a person who made a major impact on the rules being changed.  Law was so physical with receivers that they had to loosen the rules up because he was such a suffocating cornerback.  His play in the Superbowl vs the Rams and those AFC playoff runs were Godly.

If not for his postseason heroics, Law would probably not deserve a spot as he was typically overshadowed by contemporaries like Champ Bailey and Charles Woodson but he was absolutely one of the best postseason performers of all time at his position, and probably should've been the MVP of Super Bowl XXXVI.

Just now, Starless said:

If not for his postseason heroics, Law would probably not deserve a spot as he was typically overshadowed by contemporaries like Champ Bailey and Charles Woodson but he was absolutely one of the best postseason performers of all time at his position, and probably should've been the MVP of Super Bowl XXXVI.

Agreed.  I was actually going to bring up Champ Bailey, who I think is a sure fire Hall-of-Famer, and that I would prefer Ty Law over him.  I'm sure many would disagree with that, but as you said - Law was so dominant in the postseason.  Personally, I don't think he'll get in this year because this is a pretty stacked class, but Law definitely deserves to be in at some point.

Three post in a row =)

One guy nobody is really talking about is Isaac Bruce.  There's good reason nobody is talking about him and that's kind of because I don't think you can put him into the Hall-of-Fame before Randy Moss and Terrell Owens get in.  I just wanted to say that Bruce is a guy that deserves to be in the HoF for sure.  He was always somewhat of a underappreciated and overshadowed receiver in an era that had so many amazing talents.  Can't wait for the day he gets in.

Dawkins deserves to be in, but the Hall seems to hate safeties for whatever reason. 

Only 7 true safeties are in the HOF. Only two have made it in since 19-frickin-98, Aeneas Williams in '14 and Kenny Easly in '17. 

4 hours ago, showtime said:

"I play when I want to play" -- Randy Moss

I can't recall a quote ever said by anyone in the history of this earth that has been taken out of context more than that one.

Agreed.  It's funny (and infuriating) when people bring that up and act like he meant he was lazy.

2 hours ago, showtime said:
2 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I want Tony B to make it badly but i doubt he makes it

I don't think he makes it in this year, but I agree.  Tony Boselli deserves to be in the Hall-of-Fame.

Boselli is tough one for me. Easily one of the all time greats in terms of talent, but I'm not sure his career lasted long enough for me to consider it an all time great career.

My list is probably Lewis, Moss, Owens, Bruce...and then I'm taking Urlacher, but Hutch and Faneca would be good choices too. I won't be right, I doubt the selection committee has an appetite for three WR's in one year, but it would go a long way toward fixing the log jam!

2 hours ago, showtime said:

I certainly don't think that is laughable.  Ty Law was an amazing player.  Maybe this is incorrect of me, but when I think of Ty Law, I think of a person who made a major impact on the rules being changed.  Law was so physical with receivers that they had to tighten the rules up because he was such a suffocating cornerback.  His play in the Superbowl vs the Rams and those AFC playoff runs were Godly.

Not to mention Ty Law is one of the primary reasons two of the greatest offenses ever (01 Rams, 04 Colts) don't have a Super Bowl. Idk I feel like somebody from those early 2000's Parriots defenses need to get in. Cause we are getting to the point where the 01-04 Pats will be represented only by the coach, qb and kicker.

47 minutes ago, lancerman said:

Not to mention Ty Law is one of the primary reasons two of the greatest offenses ever (01 Rams, 04 Colts) don't have a Super Bowl. Idk I feel like somebody from those early 2000's Parriots defenses need to get in. Cause we are getting to the point where the 01-04 Pats will be represented only by the coach, qb and kicker.

Law and Seymour are both deserving. If Seymour doesn't get in it would be unprecedented since he was 1st-team All-Decade.

Ray Lewis

Tony Boselli

Randy Moss

Ty Law

John Lynch

Senior Canidate & Contributors

Jerry Kramer

Robert Brazile

Bobby Beathard

If it were me voting I would put Terrell Owens in along side Moss, but I think they are determined to make him wait a good while. I wouldn't be shocked if they even put Isaac Bruce in this year over Moss and Owens. As it would be somewhat hypocritical to put Randy Moss in while keeping Owens out for off-field reasons.

I do think they are going to put in 2 DBs this year as they have a major back log of DBs getting ready to become eligible soon. Champ Bailey & Ed Reed for the next class of 2019 then Troy Polamalu in 2020, and Charles Woodson in 2021. So my guess they will put through both Lynch and Law in who have been waiting longer at this point.

Archived