Duck's Mock Draft 4.0

Da_Ducktator

First Postseason Mock of the Year now that picks 1-20 are finalized (other than the coin flip for the 9th pick). Likely won't update until after the Senior Bowl. Just pushing along the top seed for playoff winners as well. Also, excluding Sam Darnold from the Mock because while I've included him previously, I have believed for a while he will probably return to USC. Enjoy!

1. Cleveland Browns - EDGE Bradley Chubb, North Carolina State

• I have a strong feeling that the Browns are going to trade out of this pick with one of the two teams below and then take Chubb or Barkley with Josh Allen being the pick at four. Not a need but Chubb is the best defender in the class and any talent is helpful for this franchise.

2. New York Giants - QB Josh Rosen, UCLA

• This is shaping up as more likely by the day, if he does declare. Rosen reportedly might pull an Eli Manning draft day stunt, while the Browns are rumored to love Josh Allen or Baker Mayfield anyways. Rosen getting to sit for a year behind Eli Manning would be huge for both the Giants and Rosen.

3. Indianapolis Colts - RB Saquon Barkley, Penn State

• The Colts have tried and generally failed to give Andrew Luck a running back. Frank Gore turned in a solid year given the pieces around him but the fact remains he is incredibly old for the position. Barkley and Luck in the same backfield could be ridiculous.

4. Cleveland Browns (from Houston) - QB Josh Allen, Wyoming

• Allen likely locked up, at worse, a top ten selection for himself with his bowl performance. Personally, I have major concerns over Allen but the fact remains that his arm talent is too tantalizing for a QB needy league to pass up early.

5. Denver Broncos - OG Quenton Nelson, Notre Dame

• I have believed for a while that the Broncos would end up with Kirk Cousins or just ride out the options they currently have for one more year. I think they throw big money at Cousins' though and ultimately move on from the rest of the stable they have. If so, it would be great to give Cousins an elite LG like Nelson to try and stabilize that line. 

6. New York Jets - CB Denzel Ward, Ohio State

• Ward's size may ultimately keep him out of the top ten. The Jets need a young corner though and Ward is as good as they come in this draft class with his smooth coverage ability.

7. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - OT/OG Connor Williams, Texas

• Nelson is more ideal for the Bucs needs but Williams could challenge incumbent Donovan Smith for LT immediately and if not, make a valuable back-up lineman early while they see if Smith can live up to their lofty goals for him in a contract year.

8. Chicago Bears - WR Calvin Ridley, Alabama

• I'm going to be quite intrigued to see where Ridley ends up. The Bears need weapons and Ridley is a quality route-runner who can create separation for himself.

9. Oakland Raiders - LB Rashaan Evans, Alabama

• Stand-up linebackers do not go this high often nowadays barring a complete profile but Evans is really close to it and this is a massive need for the Raiders. Evans has shined the last two years at 'Bama and offers pass rushing versatility from the position.

10. San Francisco 49ers - CB Josh Jackson, Iowa

• Adding a pure corner to pair with Ahkello Withersppon will be a high up on the needs for the 49ers if Jaquiski Tartt comes back healthy. Otherwise, they could learn more towards a safety. Jackson adds a ball hawking presence at the position that the 49ers are lacking.

11. Miami Dolphins - OT Orlando Brown, Oklahoma

• Brown turned in a great season on the best offensive line in college football. The Dolphins officially rescinded Ja'Waun James option and now have a massive need at RT, as I've been projecting since my first mock, just changing up which tackle prospect I send to South Beach.

12. Cincinnati Bengals - OT Brian O'Neill, Pittsburgh

• Not sure what is worse; the Bengals offensive line play this past year or the organization's decision to retain Marvin Lewis.

13. Washington Redskins - QB Baker Mayfield, Oklahoma

• Cousins' walks and they'll need a replacement. Daniel Snyder embraces the spotlight and would have no problem bringing in a lightning rod of controversy like Baker Mayfield.

14. Green Bay Packers - S/CB Minkah Fitzpatrick, Alabama

• Maybe not the biggest need with Josh Jones in town, but Morgan Burnett is likely to walk and Jones wasn't great this year. Fitzpatrick could fill that versatile role that Burnett plays exceptionally well and is great value at 14.

15. Arizona Cardinals - LB Roquan Smith, Georgia

• Karlos Dansby is still this team's best linebacker and he is a shell of his former self. Roquan would add an immediate presence with his sideline-to-sideline ability.

16. Baltimore Ravens - DL Da'Ron Payne, Alabama

• Ozzie loves Alabama guys and Payne is a good athlete for his size. Lacks many 'wow' plays in his resume but creates plays for others.

17. Los Angeles Chargers - DT Vita Vea, Washington

• It's amazing how good Joey Bosa and Melvin Ingram have been given the lack of help they get inside. The Chargers were horrible against the run this year and adding a 340+ lbs. like Vea could solve that.

18. Seattle Seahawks - SS Derwin James, Florida State

• This team is slowly disappearing as Michael Bennett, Earl Thomas, and Kam Chancellor are all likely to not be with the team next year, and Richard Sherman has a difficult injury to overcome. The offensive line is also still dreadful outside of Duane Brown. But at least they have Brown and Dion Jordan has emerged so they can turn their attention to safety and take an athletic freak like James.

19. Dallas Cowboys - DT Christian Wilkins, Clemson

• Demarcus Lawrence likely walks but they get Randy Gregory back so I expect the Cowboys to turn their attention to the interior of the defense.

20. Detroit Lions - RB Derrius Guice, LSU

• Ameer Abdullah isn't the answer and Guice was being talked about with Barkley as 1a and 1b before this season. The talent is still clearly there for Guice.

21. Tennessee Titans - EDGE Clelin Ferrell, Clemson

• I would be shocked if Ferrell fell this far, specifically after a quality (likely final) game against Alabama. Ferrell offers plus length, good athleticism off the edge, and great bend. This would be a huge win for the Titans.

22. Buffalo Bills - EDGE Austin Bryant, Clemson

• The Bills managed to sneak into the playoffs in large part due to the failures of other. There is going to be lots of questions over what they do at quarterback in the off-season (and to make matters worse, Shady suffered an ankle injury and is 30 next season so RB could be a top two round need for them too) but the defensive line needs help. Bryant has been another steady presence on a loaded defensive line the last two years for the tigers. Whether he declares though with Ferrell and Wilkins is another question.

23. Atlanta Falcons - CB Jaire Alexander, Louisville

• Alexander enters the draft class after reportedly only earning a 2nd round grade. But if Alexander runs well (ran 4.4's coming out of high school), he could still crack the 1st round as he was great this season when healthy.

24. Carolina Panthers - WR Courtland Sutton, SMU

• It would be nice to see the Panthers give Cam Newton a receiver like Sutton who has true number one potential. I will probably end up changing this as we get closer to draft time as it just feels like this team is content to ride it out as is with this group of weapons currently established.

25. Jacksonville Jaguars - TE Mark Andrews, Oklahoma

• It wasn't pretty all the times but the Jaguars are the AFC South division champs with Blake Bortles at quarterback. There is a boatload of young talent on his team, too much to risk a step back by changing quarterbacks just yet. Continue to give Bortles weapons and see how he does.

26. Buffalo Bills (from Kansas City) - DT Taven Bryan, Florida

• Bills are lacking more than just one guy on the defensive line which is why I have them doubling up here. Run defense is the biggest problem for this team and Bryan adds an explosive presence in the middle.

27. Los Angeles Rams - OG Will Hernandez, UTEP

• Rodger Saffold has been great but his contract is up after next season and his other help inside has been average. With studs like Andrew Whitworth and Saffold on the left side, maybe they'll focus elsewhere since Todd Gurley has been superb and Jared Goff has improved.

28. New Orleans Saints - QB Lamar Jackson, Louisville

• I think Jackson does find a home somewhere in the 1st round come April. Whether it's in NOLA is a big question but pairing him with that group of Kamara, Ingram, and Thomas could be fun. Brees is near the end and they need to think about the future.

29. Pittsburgh Steelers - S Ronnie Harrison, Alabama

• Sean Davis is miserable and Harrison would be a major get at this point the Draft. The "other" Crimson Tide safety could have an argument as profiling better to the NFL than Fitzpatrick as he is a well-rounded safety prospect with great athleticism and lethal tackling ability.

30. Minnesota Vikings - C/OG Billy Price, Ohio State

• Adding another piece to the interior of this offensive line would be big, specifically a leader from a winning program like Price. The Vikings have few needs and if any quarterback falls in the Draft, they'll be in a prime position to trade out and collect some picks.

31. Philadelphia Eagles - OT Mike McGlinchey, Notre Dame

• Jason Peters injury and age to go along with Halapoulivaati Vaitai's poor play in replacement makes this a big need. Lane Johnson is a quality RT and McGlinchey is likely limited to the right side in the league, but Lane has the athleticism to slide over and may be required to heading into next season.

32. New England Patriots - EDGE Arden Key, LSU

• The Patriots front seven is not what it once was and Key offers a ton of potential off the edge.

2 minutes ago, mlucas12002 said:

OK people....once again, DE is the one position Cleveland doesn't need!! Any other position would make more sense than DE.

I literally stated that, but that Chubb is an elite talent the Browns need all the help they can get. As I also said, I think they move that pick along to the Colts (to move up for Barkley) or the Giants (to ensure Rosen) and add a few picks in return while taking Allen at 4.

Ogbah improved this year but let's not act like he is on the same level as Chubb by any means. Garrett and Chubb together would be an insane combination.

Just now, Da_Ducktator said:

I literally stated that, but that Chubb is an elite talent the Browns need all the help they can get. As I also said, I think they move that pick along to the Colts (to move up for Barkley) or the Giants (to ensure Rosen) and add a few picks in return while taking Allen at 4.

Ogbah improved this year but let's not act like he is on the same level as Chubb by any means. Garrett and Chubb together would be an insane combination.

Yes they would be an insane combination, but we can't afford "insane combinations" at this point. Trust me, if we could afford it I would love it.

9 minutes ago, Da_Ducktator said:

15. Arizona Cardinals - LB Roquan Smith, Georgia

• Karlos Dansby is still this team's best linebacker and he is a shell of his former self. Roquan would add an immediate presence with his sideline-to-sideline ability.

I love this pick!!!

23. Atlanta Falcons - CB Jaire Alexander, Louisville

• Alexander enters the draft class after reportedly only earning a 2nd round grade. But if Alexander runs well (ran 4.4's coming out of high school), he could still crack the 1st round as he was great this season when healthy.

Can you stop trolling? Please?

Taven Bryan makes too much sense to take over for Adrian Clayborn's role as a SDE/DT in nickel and would fit in well with what the Falcons love to do.

Dang duck we got even worse at CB with this pick xD Atleast last time we had a decent CB prospect that was a legit 1st round player.  True we all disliked the pick but atleast it was a solid prospect.  Why you gotta do me like that fam :D  

Now on the real though do you mind me asking why you want the Falcons to take a CB so much?  Like your honest opinion behind it and why you even chose it to begin with on your 1st mock compared to actual needs?

Archived