Duck's Mock Draft 4.0

Da_Ducktator

16 hours ago, Da_Ducktator said:

30. Minnesota Vikings - C/OG Billy Price, Ohio State

• Adding another piece to the interior of this offensive line would be big, specifically a leader from a winning program like Price. The Vikings have few needs and if any quarterback falls in the Draft, they'll be in a prime position to trade out and collect some picks.

31. Philadelphia Eagles - OT Mike McGlinchey, Notre Dame

• Jason Peters injury and age to go along with Halapoulivaati Vaitai's poor play in replacement makes this a big need. Lane Johnson is a quality RT and McGlinchey is likely limited to the right side in the league, but Lane has the athleticism to slide over and may be required to heading into next season.

I would be really tempted if I were the Vikings to get McGlinchey. He has a chance to stick at LT and would also likely be a step up at the RT position. Remmers moved inside for one game this year and I could see the Vikings making that move. I'd prefer getting an OT option than another interior offensive lineman given the choice/value of both players in round one.

@Da_Ducktator where's Sam Darnold?

19 hours ago, Da_Ducktator said:

14. Green Bay Packers - S/CB Minkah Fitzpatrick, Alabama

• Maybe not the biggest need with Josh Jones in town, but Morgan Burnett is likely to walk and Jones wasn't great this year. Fitzpatrick could fill that versatile role that Burnett plays exceptionally well and is great value at 14.

Definitely an interesting pick.  Value is clearly there, but the fit is more questionable.  I'm not a huge fan of drafting a "rover" that early in the draft, same reason I wasn't really a fan of taking Jabrill Peppers in the 1st last year unless you were a more complete defensive team.  We need a boundary corner opposite of Kevin King in the worst way, and there are questions whether or not Fitzpatrick is that guy.  I'd probably go with him, but there are real question marks there.

As much as Detroit does need help at RB, I'm not a huge fan of taking one here. With Ansah going into FA, he'll likely be sticking around with us using the Franchise Tag. We'll need to find someone to pair up with him and put some pressure on the QB's. Possibly the person to replace him next season if we can't/won't sign him to a longer term deal. Either Ferrell or Bryant would be better picks. I'm also not opposed to McGlinchey. Stafford was sacked/hit like 64 times this year. We need to keep him upright. Wagner was signed to a big money deal in FA but he's also a short term fix. Should give us a bookend RT for Stafford and insurance in case Decker goes down.

If the Browns pass on a QB with the 1st overall pick, give them RB Barkley then have them take either Rosen, Darnold, or Allen with the 4th overall pick. Also, Saffold isnt going anywhere for the Rams. He has been great this season, playing at a pro bowl level even though he was snubbed. I think the Rams are fine on the oline outside of finding the future replacement for Whitworth and upgrade over Sullivan. I could see C/OG Price being a guy to target because he can play both interior positions. If Key is there like it is in your mock then its a no brainer the Rams should take him. Quinn is getting older and have been battling injuries as of late. Barwin is old so the Rams could use an edge rusher and Key would be a steal.

On 1/3/2018 at 3:58 PM, LuckyNumber11 said:

We just drafted Hassan Reddick and have way too many offensive needs to go defense in round 1 this year. I love Smith, but the Cards can't take him. 

Reddick is more of an outside edge rusher but has the ability to move inside. Smith is a true ILB. Imagine Reddick, Buchanon, Smith and Jones as our LBs for the next several years. But I do agree that offense should be the priority which is why Courtland Sutton would be my first choice. Then QB. 

Sorry I cannot Picture a scenario were CLE trades out of one, ESPECIALLY if its to a team that wants Barkley. I'm already thinking #1 will be Barkley to CLE. Whats the best way to help a rookie QB get a workhorse RB. Barkley changes the whole offensive dynamic and gives them a RB who will constantly rush for 1000+ yards and 10+ TD's. 

IMO

#1: Barkley

#2: Rosen

*Indy Trades down/Jets or ARZ trade up

#3: Darnold

#4: Allen

9 hours ago, Smhx2519 said:

Reddick is more of an outside edge rusher but has the ability to move inside. Smith is a true ILB. Imagine Reddick, Buchanon, Smith and Jones as our LBs for the next several years. But I do agree that offense should be the priority which is why Courtland Sutton would be my first choice. Then QB. 

Ignoring Markus Golden are we? Reddick won't be able to be on the outside as long as Golden and Jones are here

Archived