The 2018 free agents: Extend? Let walk? Franchise?

Apparition

On 1/3/2018 at 4:39 PM, Starless said:

OT Nate Solder (age 30)
CB Malcolm Butler (age 28)
WR Danny Amendola (age 33)
RB Dion Lewis (age 28)
RB Rex Burkhead (age 28)
CB Johnson Bademosi (age 28)
ST Matthew Slater (age 33)
OT Cameron Fleming (age 26)
ST Nate Ebner (age 29)
OT LaAdrian Waddle (age 27)
DL Ricky Jean-Francois (age 32)
RB/ST Brandon Bolden (age 28)
DL/ST Geneo Grissom (age 26)
LB Marquis Flowers (age 26)

UFA:

ST Brandon King (age 25)

ERFAs:

OL Ted Karras (age 25)

Resign Bold. Release the rest.

Would hate to see Lewis leave, so much fun to watch.  Realistically though a lot of people were saying trade him halfway through the season because of White / Burkhead... there's still some truth to that, its doable... so I wouldn't be shocked if someone offers him more than we care to match.

I wonder if we'll be able to get Burkhead back on a cheaper deal. He wasn't able to fully showcase him self this season with his injuries.

It's almost a guarantee Gillislee is cut for savings. I think bringing both Burkhead and Lewis back is very doable...it'll just be a matter of if Belichick think it's worth it.

5 hours ago, IheartMyV8 said:

Think Lewis' market value will take a hit with his injury history?  This is the only season where he's played the full season for us.

Well yes, but he was so good this season [once he got regular snaps] that, that is going to inflate his cost enough where we might not resign him anyways.

I think it was rumored we offered him 3 years 6 million before the season?  Would love to have that deal signed now.  Probably looking at 4 years 24?  3 years 20?

On 1/3/2018 at 2:39 PM, Starless said:

OT Nate Solder (age 30)
CB Malcolm Butler (age 28)
WR Danny Amendola (age 33)
RB Dion Lewis (age 28)
RB Rex Burkhead (age 28)
CB Johnson Bademosi (age 28)
ST Matthew Slater (age 33)
OT Cameron Fleming (age 26)
ST Nate Ebner (age 29)
OT LaAdrian Waddle (age 27)
DL Ricky Jean-Francois (age 32)
RB/ST Brandon Bolden (age 28)
DL/ST Geneo Grissom (age 26)
LB Marquis Flowers (age 26)

UFA:

ST Brandon King (age 25)

ERFAs:

OL Ted Karras (age 25)

I move heaven and hell to keep these 6. Especially Butler and Solder. To me they should work on getting those done first and then Amendola. I think Slater will take a good deal. 

What I think happens...

T Nate Solder (age 30): Re-signs
CB Malcolm Butler (age 28): Walks
WR Danny Amendola (age 33): Re-signs
RB Dion Lewis (age 28): Walks
RB Rex Burkhead (age 28): Re-signs
CB Johnson Bademosi (age 28): Re-signs
ST Matthew Slater (age 33): Re-signs
OT Cameron Fleming (age 26): Walks
ST Nate Ebner (age 29): Re-signs
OT LaAdrian Waddle (age 27): Re-signs
DL Ricky Jean-Francois (age 32): Walks
RB/ST Brandon Bolden (age 28): Walks
DL/ST Geneo Grissom (age 26): Walks
LB Marquis Flowers (age 26): Re-signs

I wouldn't spend the franchise tag on Butler. His performance this year hasn't earned that big of a pay day. I hope we can bring back both Burkhead and Lewis. It'd be nice insurance to have both of them because they struggle to stay healthy. I LOVE having a group of versatile running backs like we did this season. Especially with Brady getting older.

Draft wise I'd like them to go defense, defense, defense. We need some young play-makers on the other side of the ball.

On 1/14/2018 at 7:57 PM, Deadpulse said:

most of us have realistic expectations that he is 50-50 to come back. BB does not value RB's like the rest of the league when it comes to $$ and years

32-3 when he's active. Belichick is an idiot if he lets Lewis go.

UPDATE:

OT Nate Solder (age 30): Resign: He's improved as of late and we can probably bring him back at a reasonable deal.
CB Malcolm Butler (age 28): Walk: Has been garbage all year. Should have sent him to NOLA when we had the chance.
WR Danny Amendola (age 33): Walk: Although he's been money in big time situations, he's getting up there in age and is a regular on the injury report.
RB Dion Lewis (age 28): Resign: 32-3 when he's active. 'Nuff said.
RB Rex Burkhead (age 28): Walk: A good player and would like him to stay, but the backfield is too crowded and we can find a replacement in the draft.
CB Johnson Bademosi (age 28): Resign: Has been a pleasant surprised when given snaps. With Butler gone we need continuity in the secondary.
ST Matthew Slater (age 33): Resign: Remains the top ST ace in the league. Keep this train rolling.
OT Cameron Fleming (age 26): Walk: He sucks.
ST Nate Ebner (age 29): Resign: Solid ST presence.
OT LaAdrian Waddle (age 27): Resign: Solid backup that can be a competent starter on another team. Keep him around.
DL Ricky Jean-Francois (age 32): Walk: Mediocre player that was only brought in because we needed help.
RB/ST Brandon Bolden (age 28): Resign: ST has been a big strength for us this season; no need to fix what ain't broke.
DL/ST Geneo Grissom (age 26): Walk: Has been a bust for us and we're set at the edge with Rivers coming back.
LB Marquis Flowers (age 26): Resign: Guess we can bring him back as a backup?

UFA:

ST Brandon King (age 25): Walk: Don't know anything about him.

ERFAs:

OL Ted Karras (age 25): Resign: Ditto.

6 hours ago, everlong said:

32-3 when he's active. Belichick is an idiot if he lets Lewis go.

Or he realizes the value of RB's is not what the market dictates. You'd be calling him an idiot in 2 years when Lewis is a shell and getting bank, crippling the team money wise from allocating resources elsewhere. 

Archived