John Urschel Retires

paraven

50 minutes ago, drd23 said:

Well that was unexpected.  I'll never begrudge a player retiring for health reasons, and I wish him well for the future

Also, welcome to the new site @paraven

Thanks I like it so far

Like I said on the "old" forum I still don't want Mangold. He's not good anymore, and that was before the injury last season. It's time to see what Jensen can do as the actual starter, not just a fill-in. He has the tools and should fit the direction the line is going in for bigger and/or stronger up front. No veteran stopgaps please. 

Yeah, still a huge no to Mangold. I'd rather role with what we got or give a shot to an UDFA than waste cap space on a dude who looked beyond done.

And there's really nothing to feel bad about with Urschel; you could tell football was never his #1 passion. Dude definitely has a career beyond football and I wish him the best in his field.

20 hours ago, RavensTillIDie said:

Yeah, still a huge no to Mangold. I'd rather role with what we got or give a shot to an UDFA than waste cap space on a dude who looked beyond done.

And there's really nothing to feel bad about with Urschel; you could tell football was never his #1 passion. Dude definitely has a career beyond football and I wish him the best in his field.

So who do you have?  

Have faith though - no matter who you roll out there this, the Ravens line will still be better than the Bengals. ¬¬

8 minutes ago, theJ said:

So who do you have?  

Have faith though - no matter who you roll out there this, the Ravens line will still be better than the Bengals. ¬¬

Early reports indicated that since the Ravens were moving away from the ZBS, Ryan Jensen had been the front runner for the starting center position. He's a guy that's started a handful of games the past couple of years, but never had a "set" position and wasn't really suited for the ZBS the Ravens tried to employ. With the move toward a more power oriented blocking scheme, and only one position to focus on going into training camp, Jensen should be a guy that turns a few heads this season.

But alas, even if we pencil in Jensen at center, that is still only 3 out of the 5 positions on the line that have a definitive starter at the moment. LG and RT are still up in the air. The hope is that some combination of Nico Siragusa, Alex Lewis, Jermaine Eluemunor or De'Ondre Wesley (in order) win those positions. Reason being that if they don't, that would mean James Hurst starting and nobody wants to see that. :(

20 minutes ago, coordinator0 said:

Well, Lewis is starting regardless so it's really only one spot up in the air. Just a question of whether that's at LG or RT. I'm really hoping for the latter but it seems like the team wants to keep him at LG so Hurst is probably starting at RT... :(

That's why I said it's up in the air because I'm praying that by start of pre-season it's Nico starting at LG and Lewis at RT. If Hurst ends up starting at RT, Joe Flacco's back is going to be the least of our concerns. :S

But it does look like the initial reports out of TC have Hurst as the starting RT, but that could just be a case of no one having displaced him (yet). *fingers crossed*

Archived