Broncos to coach the North team in the Senior Bowl

BroncoSojia

I have a sneaky suspicion this might be our QB next season. It’s that or Cousins I really can’t imagine otherwise. 

And Im just as stoked at the promise this might give our day 2-3 picks. Maybe VJ and Kubiak having more input could give us a solid draft for once 

4 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

I don't know why but I'm confident in Kubiak aiding the qb search. I mean he seems like the kind of guy to look at the intangible traits that make a guy great. 

Why exactly? What QB has proven that either Elway or Kubiak have the eye for QB talent? 

Can't remember the last time our staff was coaching one of the sides. John Fox first year maybe?

http://www.lamarledger.com/ci_31567626/john-elway-i-dont-have-all-answers

This article was a great read. When reading it if reading between the lines and digesting the things Elway says you kinda get an image.

1) paxton lynch is a bust Elway os moving on from him. He talked about how a swagger gets you drafted into the league but then it's what you accomplish. If things aren't going your way you lose confidence and it's very hard to get back. Sounds like he's waving the white flag on Lynch.

2) this is gonna take time. He says the team was 5 and 11 so they have a lot of issues. The goal of winning the superbowl always remains and this offseason should be a step in the right direction.

This shows me a quick fix option at qb is less likely. It shows more of a building block towards winning again. It sounds loke he lost the player away view point so I doubt he thinks a vet qb is the answer.

6 minutes ago, broncosfan07 said:

Why exactly? What QB has proven that either Elway or Kubiak have the eye for QB talent? 

Can't remember the last time our staff was coaching one of the sides. John Fox first year maybe?

Ya know they say the most talented  qbs make the worst coaches. And I believe this also extends to looking for talent. Elway ideal qb and Kubiaks may differ.  Elway had surpreme talent but was also a smart extinctive qb. Kubiak has coached a lot of qbs hes been around a lot. His evealuation is more thorough because he had to prepare qbs to play and so on. It's like getting another look of a piece of artwork you see things differently. 

The Paxton Lynch situation boggles my mind because people say he just looked at physical traits. But, he contacted his high school coach to find more on him. That doesn't seem like an oversight. It sounds like Elway overestimated how much maturation a raw low football iq qb can undergo.

Allen is eligible for the Senior Bowl.  I can’t remember the exact rule on it, but certain JRs are eligible now.

I could be wrong, but maybe it’s RS juniors or guys who played in junior college before jumping to DI.

2 hours ago, thebestever6 said:

Ya know they say the most talented  qbs make the worst coaches. And I believe this also extends to looking for talent. Elway ideal qb and Kubiaks may differ.  Elway had surpreme talent but was also a smart extinctive qb. Kubiak has coached a lot of qbs hes been around a lot. His evealuation is more thorough because he had to prepare qbs to play and so on. It's like getting another look of a piece of artwork you see things differently. 

The Paxton Lynch situation boggles my mind because people say he just looked at physical traits. But, he contacted his high school coach to find more on him. That doesn't seem like an oversight. It sounds like Elway overestimated how much maturation a raw low football iq qb can undergo.

I don’t necessarily disagree.  I still believe Lynch just doesn’t have the competitive drive to get it done.  People can argue with that, but it’s again concerning considering Elway and Co. sat down with him and had so much information on what Lynch brought to the table.

On a side note, Elway almost always, regardless of position, drafts the superior physical talents in round 1.  Lynch was that guy at QB.  Osweiler as well.  Hell in the physical talent aspect, Kelly was an absolute coup as Mr. Irrelevant.

3 hours ago, germ-x said:

Allen is eligible for the Senior Bowl.  I can’t remember the exact rule on it, but certain JRs are eligible now.

I could be wrong, but maybe it’s RS juniors or guys who played in junior college before jumping to DI.

Ahh yes because he graduated in December he is technically a Senior before the Senior Bowl eligibility closes. I knew about this rule just did not know Allen graduated. 

Archived