Broncos to coach the North team in the Senior Bowl

BroncoSojia

1 hour ago, Counselor said:

Oh I'm with you on Crosby all the way. I just like that we get a closer look at this kid to see what he is about.

So both of you know the college players well. I like what I've read on both prospects you mentioned. I'm also curious about Miller from UCLA.

It seems this year there may be some real round 2 value at OT.

1 minute ago, AKRNA said:

So both of you know the college players well. I like what I've read on both prospects you mentioned. I'm also curious about Miller from UCLA.

It seems this year there may be some real round 2 value at OT.

There should be some good value at OT in round 2 yes. A lot of guys who could maybe play LT but might be better suited for RT. 

2 minutes ago, Counselor said:

There should be some good value at OT in round 2 yes. A lot of guys who could maybe play LT but might be better suited for RT. 

Limited ability LT's are what you need at RT anymore. Guys that can sing to LT in a pinch and not be too embarrassed.

So, how 'bout Nelson at 5 and the best OT on the board at 37?

Just now, AKRNA said:

Limited ability LT's are what you need at RT anymore. Guys that can sing to LT in a pinch and not be too embarrassed.

We pick 40th in round two because of the other 5-11 teams. 

It depends on how we address QB for me. I'm all about Nelson at 5 if we fix QB. A Nelson and Crosby pairing would set us up for a long time on the oline in my opinion.

LT- Crosby/Bolles

LG- Nelson

C- Paradis

RG- Leary

RT- Bolles/Crosby

would be awesome if the players panned out to their potential.

1 hour ago, AKRNA said:

I mean, if the board falls okay I would do this, but this team has WAY too many issues to start pigeonholing itself into high early round specifics like this. OG, RT, QB, RB, WR, LB, DL, LB, CB....we literally have needs at all these positions in some way shape or form. If the board falls well and we can solidify the OL, I'm in, but I'm not ready to say we do that at all costs because players always fall in the draft, and having pick 40 allows us some solid wiggle room to land a good player who dropped.

27 minutes ago, broncos67 said:

I mean, if the board falls okay I would do this, but this team has WAY too many issues to start pigeonholing itself into high early round specifics like this. OG, RT, QB, RB, WR, LB, DL, LB, CB....we literally have needs at all these positions in some way shape or form. If the board falls well and we can solidify the OL, I'm in, but I'm not ready to say we do that at all costs because players always fall in the draft, and having pick 40 allows us some solid wiggle room to land a good player who dropped.

Not disagreeing, but value wise what counselor just listed would by no means be a reach.

13 hours ago, AKRNA said:

Not disagreeing, but value wise what counselor just listed would by no means be a reach.

I just have doubts that Denver will take a guard at #5. I'm not saying they shouldn't, and I love Nelson, but I'm skeptical that they actually will. That said, no an OT wouldn't be a reach, but if there is a good CB, RB, LB, DT there, there could be several positions worth looking at.

Archived