We Did it!! DARNOLD DECLARES FOR the DRAFT!!!

Mind Character

1 minute ago, Aztec Hammer said:

Can I just get in early with this...

Please do right by him Cleveland. This is genuinely the most talented prospect we've had since the return, if we take him.

Don't force him to play. Get a nice veteran to hold the fort and bring him along in time. 

He has mechanical issues, he's very raw and very inexperienced, but he's got a really natural feel for the game at its core and if you can allow him to express that, whilst developing the nuances of the game into him... we will have a special QB that Cleveland can be proud of.

Let's change the culture and do this right.

Totally agree.  Overpay for a vet if you have to so that Darnold can sit for a "whole" season. 

Peace!!!

1 minute ago, Mind Character said:

I don't care how bad he throws at the combine....I don't care how slow he runs a 40...don't care what his hand size is...don't care what his pro day looks like....

Don't screw this up.

Yeah I don’t need to see any more from him. This draft is easy now. Like @cortes02 said let’s sign him right now. 

5 minutes ago, Aztec Hammer said:

Can I just get in early with this...

Please do right by him Cleveland. This is genuinely the most talented prospect we've had since the return, if we take him.

Don't force him to play. Get a nice veteran to hold the fort and bring him along in time. 

He has mechanical issues, he's very raw and very inexperienced, but he's got a really natural feel for the game at its core and if you can allow him to express that, whilst developing the nuances of the game into him... we will have a special QB that Cleveland can be proud of.

Let's change the culture and do this right.

I’d trade for Smith. One year on his contract which would be enough for Darnold to sit. Heck I’d even take McCarron if he came reasonably cheap. 

Rosen has declared too.

Possibly prepare for misdirection from the Browns, to convince the Giants to switch picks if they like Rosen?

Personally I'm not risking it. Though Rosen seems the perfect fit to take over for Eli... But nah, take Sam #1 and don't look back. Draft him now if you can.

Just now, zelbell said:

God bless you Sashi wherever you are

Indeed.

When history is accurately written Sashi will be the hero even though Dorsey, Huebris/Clhueless/Magic and the hew haw Haslams will take the credit.

1 minute ago, Bonanza23 said:

Darnold is to me as Kizer is to @brownie man if you can’t tell :x

Same. I think he has been for many of us on here.

I've been all in pretty much for all of his two seasons.

Tried to talk myself into Josh Rosen in the last few weeks once I thought Darnold was going back to school. That was easy enough because Rosen is a great prospect, but Sam is the apple of my eye.

4 minutes ago, Aztec Hammer said:

Same. I think he has been for many of us on here.

I've been all in pretty much for all of his two seasons.

Tried to talk myself into Josh Rosen in the last few weeks once I thought Darnold was going back to school. That was easy enough because Rosen is a great prospect, but Sam is the apple of my eye.

I honestly don’t think you can go wrong with either one. Rosen is easy to talk yourself into, I think he’ll be really good in the nfl. I just think Darnold has a higher ceiling. 

Just now, bosko1616 said:

When can we turn in our card. Like the earliest this can happen 

In the past, the team with the 1st overall pick could negotiate with a player and sign him to a contract before the card was even handed in. Would not mind at all if we did this with Darnold. I just am not sure how early you can do that or if it's still allowed.

Peace!!!

Archived