Fans of Playoff Teams

joru1000

Wonder if the world would explode and referees fired if after this weekend the 4 remaining Teams for the SB were

Minnesota @ Philadelphia

Tennessee @ Jacksonville

4 teams who've never won it? No Brady, No Ben, No Brees, No Ryan? Well 3 of the 4 matter, you get the point! The League , it's Marketing, Sponsors and the "casual fans" everywhere would be pi$sed.

14 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Wonder if the world would explode and referees fired if after this weekend the 4 remaining Teams for the SB were

Minnesota @ Philadelphia

Tennessee @ Jacksonville

4 teams who've never won it? No Brady, No Ben, No Brees, No Ryan? Well 3 of the 4 matter, you get the point! The League , it's Marketing, Sponsors and the "casual fans" everywhere would be pi$sed.

I get your point but I'm fairly sure Philly is considered a bigger market then Atlanta and the Falcons haven't won a SB either. 

15 minutes ago, DutchFalcon said:

I get your point but I'm fairly sure Philly is considered a bigger market then Atlanta and the Falcons haven't won a SB either. 

Honestly forgot they haven't. Despite being fresh off an appearance last year.

17 hours ago, TheBeast23 said:

Why would they abandon a game plan that got them there in the first place? Tough break. Wanted the Rams to go far. Next year they’ll come back hungry. The future is bright 

Well they got behind early so it was tough to run the ball and the time of possession was almost double in favor of ATL so running the ball didn't seem like the best way to get back into. But i agree. Gurley averaged 7YPC and only got 14 touches. Further proving his case for MVP that any game he gets less than 20 touches the Rams lose. When he gets 20+, they are undefeated.

2 hours ago, iPwn said:

They were the #6 offense in yards, and #5 offense in scoring. But okay.

To be fair, the Jaguars offense has been semi lackluster because Fournette is clearly not 100%. When you can slow Fournette and make Bortles beat you, the Jaguars offense is pretty subpar.

3 hours ago, MookieMonster said:

To be fair, the Jaguars offense has been semi lackluster because Fournette is clearly not 100%. When you can slow Fournette and make Bortles beat you, the Jaguars offense is pretty subpar.

There's a lot of little things that people forget when just looking at raw stats... for instance... the Jags led the NFL in defensive TDs.  Things like that and other defensive driven stats can help offenses put up mirage-like numbers.. and the Jags had one of the best defenses in the NFL this year (arguably the best and/or arguably over a few years).  Raw stats show the Jags scored the 5th most points in the NFL this year... stats also show the Titans were bottom half... yet the Titans were above the Jags in points per drive (by decimals, both at 1.77).  

And then there's what I've seen... I've seen the Jags 3 times this year... including the last 2 weeks where the offense put up 13 points and 460 yards in 8 quarters (under 7 and 230 per game, respectively).  The other game I saw was the 1st against the Titans, that saw the JAgs down 30-7 more than halfway past the 4th Q before 13 garbage time points were put up in a game that was long over.  So again... that's 20 points in 11+ non-garbage-time quarters that I've seen them.  My eyes tell me they're the worst offense to make the divisional round in the last handful of years (could be 5 years, 10 years, 20 years... it's from what I've seen and my recollection)... 

I dunno where the Jags offense ranks in the last 10 years or whatever among playoff teams but it takes a certain kind of special to average 4.3 ypa over 2 games like what Bortles has done the last two weeks.

If the Bills had ever heard of what a QB spy is they might have been able to win.

Bortles has been under 5 ypa 4 times this season and under 6 ypa 6 times. That's gotta be some kinda record for a team with a winning record. Teams that win the YPA battle win the game something like 75% of the time(Jags are 3-3 in games Bortles is under 6 ypa, but 1-3 in games he's under 5).

Most hilarious part is there's still some discussion as to whether or not he'll be their QB next year.

We can only hope.

27 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

You watched the Jags 3 worst offensive performances this season out of 17 games. 

Yup. Pretty terrible to base your opinion on a sample size of 17% of games. Particularly when those three games were games in which the offense scored less than half of their average points.

In those three games, the offense scored 33 points. Or 11 per game.

In the other 14, the offense (not including the defensive scores) scored 24.7 per game.

So I mean if you want to pretend like your eye test gives you any real insight into how good the team’s offense is, go for it. But you have a very small sample of what the offense looks like, a sample that isn’t even close to the norm.

16 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

I dunno where the Jags offense ranks in the last 10 years or whatever among playoff teams but it takes a certain kind of special to average 4.3 ypa over 2 games like what Bortles has done the last two weeks.

And if Dede didn’t drop that TD pass from Blake they would have won both of those games.

In the 4 games before the last two games, Jags offense only scored 34.5 PPG. Nbd

2 minutes ago, ragevsuall17 said:

I stand corrected... I can't wait to see this offense continue to tear it up the rest of January.  Top defense and top 5 offense... nothing's stopping them.  

The amount of people that get upset over being shown statistics that show different than what they think on here is alarming.

Fact of the matter is, the Jaguars offense did finish in that range. Does that mean that I'd take the Jaguars offense and what they do over everyone ranked behind them? No. But it's no better than you coming in here and pretty much coming from the complete opposite side of the spectrum with zero rhyme or reason for saying what you are. The Jaguars were not a dumpster fire offensively this year. They haven't been what you saw in the the two games against TEN and last week against BUF all season. If they had, they wouldn't be near where they are even with the turnovers/TD's the defense has done.

Archived