Fans of Playoff Teams

joru1000

Nobody's upset here. Lies, damn lies, and statistics aside... I am 100% honest that I believe the Jags would be the best matchup of all the reams that remain alive. 

The Titans defense is not great by any stretch of the imagination... Good, yeah... Overachieving, yeah... And that's being generous. They've looked like an all star defense two games against the Jags... Or two games where the Jags played like the worst offense to reach the divisional round in a while. Last week's performance vs the Bills looked just as bad. You want to call them outliers to what has otherwise been a potent offense? Well, thats like, your opinion, man... I'll stick to mine.

Maybe they score more than 10 offensive points against the Steelers. I'm not convinced they can or will...absent another epic performance by that defense. We'll see I guess. 

As bad as the Titans offense has been this year... In spite of the growing pains Mariotas's gone through this year... In spite of Robiskie calling the plays... And in spite of whatever ranking or stat anyone wants to throw... Right now, I take the Titans offense and Mariota 100 times out of 100 times... And that's saying a lot.

41 minutes ago, ragevsuall17 said:

Nobody's upset here. Lies, damn lies, and statistics aside... I am 100% honest that I believe the Jags would be the best matchup of all the reams that remain alive. 

The Titans defense is not great by any stretch of the imagination... Good, yeah... Overachieving, yeah... And that's being generous. They've looked like an all star defense two games against the Jags... Or two games where the Jags played like the worst offense to reach the divisional round in a while. Last week's performance vs the Bills looked just as bad. You want to call them outliers to what has otherwise been a potent offense? Well, thats like, your opinion, man... I'll stick to mine.

Maybe they score more than 10 offensive points against the Steelers. I'm not convinced they can or will...absent another epic performance by that defense. We'll see I guess. 

As bad as the Titans offense has been this year... In spite of the growing pains Mariotas's gone through this year... In spite of Robiskie calling the plays... And in spite of whatever ranking or stat anyone wants to throw... Right now, I take the Titans offense and Mariota 100 times out of 100 times... And that's saying a lot.

I mean, someone showed statistical evidence/backed his claim up with actual reasoning and you got defensive and made crazy accusations/made it out as if we were talking up our offense unrealistically. You are the one pigeonholing a team based off a couple games you saw instead of seeing that even with those three pathetic offensive outputs they still ranked as high as they did.

I am also willing to bet both the Steelers and Pats would rather face the Titans than the Jaguars. Sorry, but I can't imagine two teams who are primarily about their passing game/have Big Ben and Brady want to be going up against arguably the best corner in football on one side and a top 5 corner on the other side. The team that Big Ben had maybe his worst game of his career and was consistently harrassed/beaten time and time again. The team that caused Big Ben to ask if he "still had it" and questioned retirement. The team that held Blake to a similar amount of yardage as the Bills and still got beat 30-9. The one team left in the AFC with a truly elite defense.

Sorry, but no, just no. I could maybe see the Pats due to the fact that he's so quick about getting the ball out which could be a problem as we won't be able to get home on the pass rush or get to harrass him as much as we normally do which can cause bad throws. But the Steelers? No. Not after what happened earlier this season and how he's fared against the Jaguars in the past. 

If the offense plays like last week I don't see any way we win unless Big Ben has another 3-5 INT game, but it doesn't change the fact that we've had Big Ben's # for a while now.

1 minute ago, .Buzz said:

I mean, someone showed statistical evidence/backed his claim up with actual reasoning and you got defensive and made crazy accusations/made it out as if we were talking up our offense unrealistically. You are the one pigeonholing a team based off a couple games you saw instead of seeing that even with those three pathetic offensive outputs they still ranked as high as they did.

I am also willing to bet both the Steelers and Pats would rather face the Titans than the Jaguars. Sorry, but I can't imagine two teams who are primarily about their passing game/have Big Ben and Brady want to be going up against arguably the best corner in football on one side and a top 5 corner on the other side. The team that Big Ben had maybe his worst game of his career and was consistently harrassed/beaten time and time again. The team that caused Big Ben to ask if he "still had it" and questioned retirement. The team that held Blake to a similar amount of yardage as the Bills and still got beat 30-9. The one team left in the AFC with a truly elite defense.

Sorry, but no, just no. I could maybe see the Pats due to the fact that he's so quick about getting the ball out which could be a problem as we won't be able to get home on the pass rush or get to harrass him as much as we normally do which can cause bad throws. But the Steelers? No. Not after what happened earlier this season and how he's fared against the Jaguars in the past. 

If the offense plays like last week I don't see any way we win unless Big Ben has another 3-5 INT game, but it doesn't change the fact that we've had Big Ben's # for a while now.

This is the time of the year where a shutdown, elite defense pays dividends. We've seen elite defenses carry their teams to playoffs before if the offense can limit turnovers. Just happened by a Denver team a couple years ago. Although Wilson was better, that defense carried the Seattle team to it as well.

As long as the mistakes are limited and Bortles can make a couple plays, this team has SB asperations with the defense. But if Blake doesn't shape it up a bit after last week it's a moot point as he couldn't hit much.

I will say, when Hackett has allowed Bortles to throw on early downs and take shots that is when he has excelled. This past week we didn't see any of that early on. Was all screens/short plays and forcing Blake to have 3rd and medium/long before giving him a shot. He has never done well in an offense like that. Against Buffalo I sort of get it as if we got a TD they felt confident in the defense shutting them down (as they did), but we may see them let him play a little more loose with how good PIT is, although still be fairly conservative unless Ben comes out hot.

On 1/9/2018 at 6:22 PM, KhanYouDigIt said:

And if Dede didn’t drop that TD pass from Blake they would have won both of those games.

In the 4 games before the last two games, Jags offense only scored 34.5 PPG. Nbd

The one where he obviously pushed off? 

On 1/3/2018 at 10:52 PM, The LBC said:

Rams fan (I swear to God, if I get tagged because someone else needs me to explain this after nearly two seasons...) here.

Inside the conference the Saints scare me the most as a pure matchup - because I'll be straight up they are to us what we were to the Vikings (i.e. a team that was more banged up and utilizing a dumb gameplan that went away from their best weapon the last time we played them) and I would expect either of those things to rear their heads again on a rematch.

In the AFC, it's likely the Steelers.  Ben rises to the occasion in Super Bowls they've got enough weapons to make our liable assets (like Mark Barron) have to step up and play out of their minds in a way I'm not confident they will.  Also, if I'm not mistaken, Wade Phillips has a less-than-happy record against the Steelers, outside of the Divisional Round last year where they were without two of the Killer B's.

I thoguht you were a Charges fan?

On 2018-01-03 at 9:14 PM, joru1000 said:

Who's your team, and what team scares you the most in these playoffs? Who are you not afraid of?

Steelers fan. Not scared of other teams , just our coaches decisions.  The talent is there and we can beat anyone with health and proper strategy and right now we are said to healthy.

Oddly if the titans do defeat the pats, I would fear them as they have a good OL /rushing attack and LeBeau might have redemption on his side. Our D has been having problems with stopping the run too, so that also its a reason the titans matchup would be a scare.

Brady/pats used to be the scare, but the regular season game changed that and I actually want to face them if we win. But if Harrison has his game  , then he is one that also scares since he has a history of taking over playoff games.  He might be old, but BB will find ways to get JH to make plays

On 1/9/2018 at 12:56 AM, Nabbs4u said:

Wonder if the world would explode and referees fired if after this weekend the 4 remaining Teams for the SB were

Minnesota @ Philadelphia

Tennessee @ Jacksonville

4 teams who've never won it? No Brady, No Ben, No Brees, No Ryan? Well 3 of the 4 matter, you get the point! The League , it's Marketing, Sponsors and the "casual fans" everywhere would be pi$sed.

1 down, 3 to go. Make it happen!

Archived