Fans of Playoff Teams

joru1000

Rams fan (I swear to God, if I get tagged because someone else needs me to explain this after nearly two seasons...) here.

Inside the conference the Saints scare me the most as a pure matchup - because I'll be straight up they are to us what we were to the Vikings (i.e. a team that was more banged up and utilizing a dumb gameplan that went away from their best weapon the last time we played them) and I would expect either of those things to rear their heads again on a rematch.

In the AFC, it's likely the Steelers.  Ben rises to the occasion in Super Bowls they've got enough weapons to make our liable assets (like Mark Barron) have to step up and play out of their minds in a way I'm not confident they will.  Also, if I'm not mistaken, Wade Phillips has a less-than-happy record against the Steelers, outside of the Divisional Round last year where they were without two of the Killer B's.

Falcons fan and the team that worries me the most from each conf. is the Pats for obvious reasons bill and tom and the Vikings because their style of defense is what works best against us. We have never been good against a zimmer led style defense for the most part.  Lots of pressure up the middle and extremely disciplined.  

4 minutes ago, FalconFan13 said:

Falcons fan and the team that worries me the most from each conf. is the Pats for obvious reasons bill and tom and the Vikings because their style of defense is what works best against us. We have never been good against a zimmer led style defense for the most part.  Lots of pressure up the middle and extremely disciplined.  

That and Xavier Rhodes can shut down Julio by himself. Helps free up everything else for Zimmer.

37 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Eagles Fan

Scariest team, Patriots and Bill Belicheck.

Least afraid of Panthers , Rams and Falcons

Biggest threat for advancement, Minny and NO

Interesting you say you aren’t scared of the Rams. You do realize Gurley gashed the Eagles great run defense all game long. McVay let y’all off the hook because he didn’t give Gurley the ball enough especially on that drive Goff fumbled. McVay called himself an idiot for that and I promise you that if the Rams face the Eagles again, McVay is gonna feed Gurley early and often and he will dominate. Not to mention in that same game the Rams blocked a punt and should’ve had another one but for some reason the defender missed it. Oh and while I don’t blame the refs for screwing the Rams in that game like many other Rams fans I’ve seen, that Tru Johnson penalty was totally uncalled for that ended up resulting in a Eagles td instead of a 4th down punt on that drive. Like the refs did an injustice on that call.

As a Rams fan the Falcons scare me from a standpoint of they potential due to the talent on the team. Other than that, they haven’t been consistent all season long, they will have to score 30pts in order to have a chance to beat the Rams and the Falcons hasn’t been high scoring this season. Not to mention the Falcons haven’t won a road playoff game under Matt Ryan and they are traveling to the west coast. Plus the Rams remember how the Falcons went to LA and trounced them last season. Both teams are different from last season but I think the Rams are fresh and ready to avenge that loss last season and advance to that rematch in Minnesota in which was a 7-7 ballgame entering the 4th quarter and they let the game get away from them mostly due to having to put their 6th corner out there who was an undrafted rookie to cover Thielen because both Webster and NRC got hurt in the game and Hill was inactive due to injury.

I'm a Vikings Fan, and the Saints really do scare me a lot. Both of us are different teams since Week 1 so I realistically know we can't use Week 1 as a judgement point for a playoff matchup. I don't see any major weaknesses from the Saints, and most other teams I do. However, playing them at home makes me feel pretty good. If it was at the Superdome I would get PTSD from the 09 championship. As for the team that scares me the least, the Eagles. They're very battered down and have looked god awful lately.

As a Chiefs fan i'm the most scared of falling back into the midseason habit. From the AFC teams the Steelers are definitely the team that seem to match up great against us. It would be the best to avoid them, but if u really want to get to the big game, u need to be able to beat the demons. So i do hope we get another chance to play them in the playoffs.

3 hours ago, stl4life07 said:
4 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Eagles Fan

Scariest team, Patriots and Bill Belicheck.

Least afraid of Panthers , Rams and Falcons

Biggest threat for advancement, Minny and NO

Interesting you say you aren’t scared of the Rams. You do realize Gurley gashed the Eagles great run defense all game long. McVay let y’all off the hook because he didn’t give Gurley the ball enough especially on that drive Goff fumbled. McVay called himself an idiot for that and I promise you that if the Rams face the Eagles again, McVay is gonna feed Gurley early and often and he will dominate. Not to mention in that same game the Rams blocked a punt and should’ve had another one but for some reason the defender missed it. Oh and while I don’t blame the refs for screwing the Rams in that game like many other Rams fans I’ve seen, that Tru Johnson penalty was totally uncalled for that ended up resulting in a Eagles td instead of a 4th down punt on that drive. Like the refs did an injustice on that call.

All I read is excuse after excuse after excuse. Loss is a loss! I'll take my chances against maybe the most overrated team in the playoffs. Yes overrated.

You talk about Gurley gashing the Eagles but ignore the fact the Rams Rush Defense Sucks! Which you'll unfortunately find out verses Atlanta this weekend for probably 200+. So acting as though the Eagles who are themselves a Top 3 Rush Offense can't do the same, at home, Against that Defense is comical. 

It's not going to be a sunny 75°, ideal conditions for both Goff and Gurley to go off. So expecting greatness as a its a foregone conclusion from either, is a mistake. If you even face the Eagles it means it's in the NFCCG and after a Eagles win vs the Saints or Panthers. Both of which are better Teams then the Rams IMO. I'll take my chances at the Linc where the Eagles are 13-3. A team giving up 10pts a gm over the last 5 (13pts a gm all year) at Home ridding momentum off their own big win and against a Team they already beat in the Rams.

So Yes, the Rams don't scare me. Even less so since I don't think they're even going to advance past the Falcons this weekend!

1 hour ago, vikingsrule said:

That and Xavier Rhodes can shut down Julio by himself. Helps free up everything else for Zimmer.

Wouldn't quite go that far no 1 player can always shut down Julio same as no 1 player can shut down AB.   They both get doubled more often than not and im not saying Rhodes isn't a fantastic CB because he is but even he gets help quite a bit with julio or AB at times.  It would be dumb for most teams not to put a safety over the top on his side against those 2.  No matter how good a CB is the rules don't allow them to fully be lock down anymore 1 on 1 every play of the game.    Even if Rhodes has a great game against either of them holding them to say 3 or 4 catches and 50 or less yards.  Both of them the very next game can go for 120+ and a td or 2 on Rhodes both of them are just that good and can go off at anytime.

Archived