(VOTE) What Should We Do W/ Picks 1 & 4?

Mind Character

(VOTE) What Should We Do W/ Picks 1 & 4?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. (VOTE) What Should We Do W/ Picks 1 & 4?

• Select - Sam Darnold and Minkah Fitzpatrick
    • Select - Sam Darnold and Bradley Chubb
    • Select - Sam Darnold and Saquon Barkley
    • Select - Josh Rosen and Minkah Fitzpatrick
    • Select - Josh Rosen and Bradley Chubb
    • Select - Josh Rosen and Saquon Barkley
    • Select - Baker Mayfield and Minkah Fitzpatrick
    • Select - Baker Mayfield and Bradley Chubb
    • Select - Baker Mayfield and Saquon Barkley
    • Select 2 of Saquon Barkley, Minkah Fitzpatrick, Bradley Chubb
    • Trade Down from #1 for a Haul, then Select 1 of the QBs and BPA

31 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Since I don't know enough about Hue, schemes, etc. do most of you want Darnold over Rosen? I really would have thought the opposite. 

Rosen seemingly doesn't want to be here and has a smaller frame is my non-expert opinion.

Darnold and Chubb/Fitzpatrick for me.  Barkley will probably be gone and I'm sticking to my guns that a RB in the top 5 is usually a bad decision.

I have a strong feeling that Denver is going to want Allen.  I think it's also a strong possibility that #4 is going to be a key spot for a trade down.  I think we will trade with Denver and add more draft picks, hopefully for next year.  Then take BPA at 5.  Score!

40 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

Rosen... has a smaller frame is my non-expert opinion.

How in the world is this even part of the process? Like, how? Is Aaron Rodgers 6'6 250 and I missed it? Is Tom Brady 36 inches wide? What the heck is this obsession with the size of QBs?

I have a slight concern with Rosen due to injuries, but that has nothing to do with size. Plenty of bigger NFL players get hurt all the time and a lot of smaller ones are brick $%^*houses.

Like, I just want to stop talking about guys' sizes and start talking about how the play, where they are good and bad. Because all of the top three (Rosen, Darnold, Mayfield) have fascinating strength/weaknesses that are unique to them. And I think it would be way more interesting to talk about which of their offenses is the biggest concern, what Rosen's deep passing #s mean, why Darnold had a huge spike in INTs this year, etc. Rather than talking about who is the tallest/widest.

5 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

How in the world is this even part of the process? Like, how? Is Aaron Rodgers 6'6 250 and I missed it? Is Tom Brady 36 inches wide? What the heck is this obsession with the size of QBs?

I have a slight concern with Rosen due to injuries, but that has nothing to do with size. Plenty of bigger NFL players get hurt all the time and a lot of smaller ones are brick $%^*houses.

Like, I just want to stop talking about guys' sizes and start talking about how the play, where they are good and bad. Because all of the top three (Rosen, Darnold, Mayfield) have fascinating strength/weaknesses that are unique to them. And I think it would be way more interesting to talk about which of their offenses is the biggest concern, what Rosen's deep passing #s mean, why Darnold had a huge spike in INTs this year, etc. Rather than talking about who is the tallest/widest.

Not really indicative of my opinion just a pulse on Browns fans as a whole.  We as a fanbase like QBs that are bigger because that's the cliche maybe true take about winning in the AFC North.  Having somebody with some running ability and can withstand punishment helps win bad weather games (about the only thing Kizer has going for him rn).

But I prefer Darnold at this point mainly for character reasons, haven't seen both of them enough to make a certain judgment.

Rosen doesn't want to be here and Darnold looks more the part.  If all things were equal (obviously they aren't but if) then it's a clear choice.

1 minute ago, Rod Johnson said:

But I prefer Darnold at this point mainly for character reasons, haven't seen both of them enough to make a certain judgment.

Yeah, right now I'd be happy with any of Darnold/Rosen/Mayfield. I just don't want to listen to three months of "Mayfield's short so he can't be the pick!" "Rosen is skinny so he can't be the pick!" "Darnold's facial hair is stupid so he can't be the pick!" And I don't think you'd be the one doing that, more talking in general that I'm more interested in how guys perform than in their size. (Like, Lamar Jackson is skinny, but his raw arm strength is on par with the top three except Allen, so if we're talking about him, the physical stereotype doesn't fit).

1 hour ago, Bonanza23 said:

I have a strong feeling that Denver is going to want Allen.  I think it's also a strong possibility that #4 is going to be a key spot for a trade down.  I think we will trade with Denver and add more draft picks, hopefully for next year.  Then take BPA at 5.  Score!

I am voting to take Darnold #1....let Rosen go #2 to the giants......the #4 pick is the first selection that makes sense to trade (Acquiring a top 3 pick, is VERY Expensive, if we go by the NFL Draft Value Chart) and with 2 QB needed teams sitting at 5 and 6......#4 is VOLATILE IMO.....I say we take Darnold #1 and then Trade #4 to Buffalo for #21 and #25 or sit put and take Minkah Fitzpatrick...

Or get really Cute and convince the Giants that the Jets or Broncos want to move up to #1 to grab Rosen.....The Giants get nervous enough to trade a pick to move up to #1 overall (their 2nd next year)....then we still draft Darnold at #2......and then get the two picks (21 and 25 for #4).....then we trade two of our seconds, one of our 4th and 5th rounders along with a 2nd next year to move back up round 1 and take Minkah......and then go WR and CB with 21 and 25....4 first round picks this year ;)

17 minutes ago, DaWg_LB. said:

I am voting to take Darnold #1....let Rosen go #2 to the giants......the #4 pick is the first selection that makes sense to trade (Acquiring a top 3 pick, is VERY Expensive, if we go by the NFL Draft Value Chart) and with 2 QB needed teams sitting at 5 and 6......#4 is VOLATILE IMO.....I say we take Darnold #1 and then Trade #4 to Buffalo for #21 and #25 or sit put and take Minkah Fitzpatrick...

Welcome back muchacho

1 hour ago, Bonanza23 said:

This is about the only trade down from 4 scenario that I like

3 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Since I don't know enough about Hue, schemes, etc. do most of you want Darnold over Rosen? I really would have thought the opposite. 

Well, most of us don't expect Hue to be here beyond next year so we - as fans at least - don't necessarily really care which QB fits Hue's scheme better.

2 hours ago, johndeere1707 said:

Hue is gonna bring in AJ McCarron and Jeremy Hill this offseason. 

I don’t want Hueball to get too comfortable. Turning the Browns into Bengals 2.0 I have no doubt is just what Hueball would love. Wouldn’t be shocked to see this happen. I’m indifferent to Hill as long as he’s a #2 as a runner and okay with McCarron as long as it’s for a low price and as a short term answer while we wait for our rookie (Sammy) to take over.

Archived