Dolphins hire Dowell Loggains as OC

Tetsujin

The Miami Dolphins have hired former Bears OL coach Jeremiah Washburn to be their new OL coach. Washburn was with Miami as asst. OL coach in 2016.

The question now is who else from the Bears coaching staff will join Gase in Miami. The two defensive names are Vic Fangio and John Fox. Obvious ties with Adam Gase and both could do a lot with the talent on the Dolphins defense.

Many believe that Gase wants to transition to a 3-4 defense so a coaching change would likely help facilitate that. 

15 hours ago, Jtownsfine5t said:

Many believe that Gase wants to transition to a 3-4 defense so a coaching change would likely help facilitate that. 

I would 100% be on board and would love Fangio.

13 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

so... what happened to Christensen?

After hiring Loggains, a bunch of beat reporters were dropping 'tidbits' about his apparent shortcomings, specifically with regards to his relationship to Gase, how he held players accountable, and how much he would actually take off of Gase's plate. Take it for what it's worth. I'm getting a whiff of scapegoating to be honest.

Just now, cddolphin said:

I would 100% be on board and would love Fangio.

After hiring Loggains, a bunch of beat reporters were dropping 'tidbits' about his apparent shortcomings, specifically with regards to his relationship to Gase, how he held players accountable, and how much he would actually take off of Gase's plate. Take it for what it's worth. I'm getting a whiff of scapegoating to be honest.

I mean we already knew Christensen was more of an advisor than an actual offensive coordinator. Allegedly, he's going to remain with the team in a different role, too. Which is unusual but I guess makes sense considering he was only our offensive coordinator in title, anyway.

From what the beat reporters are saying, this seems like a move to get someone with the same coaching style as Gase. I heard one beat reporter say that Christianson was methodical, very detailed, the type of person who it takes 30 minutes to let you know if it is hot outside. I'm sure that he will move to a QA type of role. Loggains is very much like Gase. It seems like the Phins are going to have a very strong, cohesive coaching staff, where everyone is on the same page. I don't see how any of this will hurt the team.

• 1 month later...

Archived