Moretti's Blizzard Mock

moretti19

Boston is closed for the blizzard so I'm making an early mock. Not going to do any coaching or GM guesses. Walter Football is where I got the player rankings and write ups.

Cut/ Not Retained before off-season

Cobb

Hundley

Retained

Morgan Burnett: Solid player who ads experience and leadership to our team.

t-ha-ha-clinton-dix-morgan-burnett-nfl-div

Quinton Dial:

Thought he played well as a rotational piece. Should not be very expensive.

usa_today_10257595.0.jpg

Richard Rodgers: I think we are all tired of him being a number one tight end. He is sure handed and a great depth player.

temp82-Richard-Rodgers-27--nfl_mezz_1280

Davon House: Seems to love being a packer and wants to stay here. Veteran leadership who plays good when healthy.20130108009-640x426.jpg

Jahri Evans: Played great and deserves to be brought back.

636311698825427007-jahri-ota1.jpg

Free Agents: 

I believe and hope this will be a active free agency for us do to the sub par year and the drastic changes happening to the coaches.

Matt Moore: Veteran backup.

e64194364.jpg

Vontae Davis:

He is still a lock down corner that will give us a true number one. Davis, House, King with Randall in slot will be best we have had in years.

859059964.0.jpg

Tre Burton: Showed he can  be a threat this year. He is more athletic and pass catcher than Rodgers and should give AR a above average tight end to work with.

USATSI_8171059-e1443025988237.jpg

Paul Richardson: SPEEEEEEED is what this offense needs and Richardson brings and immediate threat to the defense.

ap_670152617658.jpg?itok=oiI6Y8h3

Draft: Compensation 3rd and 3 5ths

RD1:

Arden Key*, 3-4OLB, LSU 
Height: 6-5. Weight: 260. 
Projected 40 Time: 4.70. 
Projected Round (2018): Top-10. 

12/16/17: Team sources still have Key as high first-rounder and think he could be a devastating pass-rusher in the NFL. In a survey of league sources, Key was considered to be among the elite talents of this draft class. 
gettyimages-860405424.jpg?w=1000&h=600&c

RD2

Equanimeous St. Brown*, WR, Notre Dame 
Height: 6-4. Weight: 205. 
Projected 40 Time: 4.50. 
Projected Round (2018): 1-3. 

12/30/17: St. Brown has 31 receptions for 468 yards and four touchdowns on the year. Throughout this season, St. Brown has gotten open while also seeing a lot of double teams, but the immense struggles of Notre Dame's quarterback play and passing offense have limited St. Brown. 

7/17/17: Sources who have done advance work on the 2018 class are really impressed and intrigued with St. Brown. They say he is a super-polished route runner with tremendous speed, athletic ability, body control, and hands. They said they think St. Brown could be more gifted and talented than the three wideouts who went in the top 10 of the 2017 NFL Draft, but St. Brown gets fewer opportunities to show his skill. In 2016, he had 58 receptions for 961 yards with nine touchdowns.

320x180.jpg

RD 3

Dorance Armstrong Jr.*, 3-4OLB, Kansas Height: 6-4. Weight: 241. 
Projected 40 Time: 4.60. 
Projected Round (2018): 2-3. 

12/16/17: Armstrong has an excellent skill set, but it was hard for him to illustrate because the team was so bad around him. Opponents were able neutralize him with double teams and plays going away from him while taking advantage of the lack of talent elsewhere on the Kansas defense. As a result, Armstrong may be more of a second-day talent for the 2018 NFL Draft. In 2017, Armstrong totaled 63 tackles with 9.5 for a loss, two sacks, four forced fumbles and four passes batted. He is a fast edge defender with very good athleticism. 
14_5084516.jpg

RD 3 compensation

Rashaan Evans, ILB, Alabama 
Height: 6-3. Weight: 231. 
Projected 40 Time: 4.63. 
Projected Round (2018): 3-4. 

12/16/17: In 2017, Evans has 57 tackles, 10.5 tackles for a loss, five sacks, one forced fumble and two passes broken up. 

9/1/17: Evans was a backup in 2014 and 2015 before rotating onto the field during the 2016 season. As a junior, he totaled 53 tackles with 4.5 tackles for a loss, four sacks, two passes broken up and one forced fumble. Evans has athletic upside to grow.
usa_today_9800632.0.jpg

RD4

Dallas Goedert, TE, South Dakota State 
Height: 6-4. Weight: 260. 
Projected 40 Time: 4.73. 
Projected Round (2018): 2-4. 

20160910DE-4031.jpg

Packers trade 2 5th round compensation picks and 6th rounder to move back up to the 4th round.

Brandon Parker, OT, North Carolina A&T 
Height: 6-8. Weight: 310. 
Projected 40 Time: 5.20. 
Projected Round (2018): 3-4. 

12/9/17: Parker is a prospect who has impressed area scouts this fall. They think he has developmental potential to be a starter in the NFL. They like his size and length to protect on the edge. Sources say that Parker has received some fourth-round grades, and he could rise if he plays well at the Senior Bowl

2421_BrandonParker.jpg

5th round pick: 

Bo Scarborough*, RB, Alabama 
Height: 6-2. Weight: 228. 
Projected 40 Time: 4.54. 
Projected Round (2018): 3-5. 

7/17/17: Scarbrough emerged as a potentially devastating workhorse running back at the end of the 2016 season. He averaged 6.5 yards per carry on the year for 812 yards with 11 touchdowns. He is similar to Derrick Henry with the size to run over defenders and a surprising burst to break off long runs for a big back. Scarborough could be a workhorse back for the NFL.

Bo-Scarbrough-3-718x490.jpg

3rd of the 5th round compensation picks:

5th.

Holton Hill, CB, Texas 
Height: 6-3. Weight: 200. 
Projected 40 Time: 4.57. 
Projected Round (2018): 3-5. 

12/9/17: Hill was having a quality junior season for the Longhorns with some quality games against the good receivers on Texas' schedule. However with three games remaining, Hill was suspended by the Longhorns coaching staff. In 2017, he totaled 51 tackles with two interceptions and six passes broken up.

usa-today-8826625.0.jpg

7th Round

Casey Tucker, OT, Stanford 
Height: 6-6. Weight: 300. 
Projected 40 Time: 5.32. 
Projected Round (2018): 5-7. 

12/9/17: Tucker has been solid for Stanford, which has had a lot of success running with Bryce Love. Tucker should maybe move inside to guard in the NFL. Sources who went through Stanford said they weren't impressed with either Tucker or David Bright. 
CqHMACBVUAA25qw.jpg

Pretty good draft thoughts. I haven't looked too much into where the players might fall, but will give you a CB player to look at....Devron Davis from UTSA. Small school, the kid had some ridiculous low rating for QBs throwing at his direction. 

DGAM8D1VoAE_85-.jpg

30 minutes ago, moretti19 said:

Thank you Family ghost. I think St Brown is going to be an absolute monster in the NFL, i think he will actually be a top 15 pick but for now this is where he is projected.

I like St. Brown as well .. love that size.  We haven't had that kind of length in GB .. like to see how that would work with Rodgers.  I have a feeling it would be very hard for teams to contain inside the redzone.  I also don't want Hundley back as the #2 .. just not good enough .. doesn't process things quick enough .. not accurate enough.

I really like this offseason mock. I feel like these pieces along with future coaching staff decisions may spring us to the top once again. IMO I think Tre Burton would thrive in the offense. He was really good filling in for Ertz this year. I'm really really pulling for him to be available for us.

The draft picks look great but I feel like Evans might go a little earlier than R3, Dallas Goedert looks like a great TE but I seen other mocks of him going a little earlier. Not criticizing, just my opinion.

Parker from A&T looks like a future great. In the bowl game I watched him and they couldn't stop talking about him for awhile. And I would love to Scarborough in our back field with a great combo of power and elusiveness. 

3 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I like St. Brown as well .. love that size.  We haven't had that kind of length in GB .. like to see how that would work with Rodgers.  I have a feeling it would be very hard for teams to contain inside the redzone.  I also don't want Hundley back as the #2 .. just not good enough .. doesn't process things quick enough .. not accurate enough.

His route running for a guy that size is amazing. He would THRIVE here.

The first of many Arden Key mocks. I'm curious who gets mocked more in the first round Key or Ferrell. I love Arden Key though great athlete, loves football, and is fiery as all hell. We need that kind of presence on the D. I like this mock a lot if it fell this way but I don't feel like some of the players will be there when we pick. 

Just now, Spartacus said:

The first of many Arden Key mocks. I'm curious who gets mocked more in the first round Key or Ferrell. I love Arden Key though great athlete, loves football, and is fiery as all hell. We need that kind of presence on the D. I like this mock a lot if it fell this way but I don't feel like some of the players will be there when we pick. 

Ya i contemplated using Calvin Ridley in the first. Pass rush is just such a glaring need to where I dont want to put a non pass rusher in the first. I actually really like double dipping in the first 3 rounds with a pass rusher to get a solid rotation going this year.

1 minute ago, moretti19 said:

Ya i contemplated using Calvin Ridley in the first. Pass rush is just such a glaring need to where I dont want to put a non pass rusher in the first. I actually really like double dipping in the first 3 rounds with a pass rusher to get a solid rotation going this year.

I'm with you .. thinking pass rush 1st and 3rd .. WR in the 2nd.  We need a stud rusher so bad .. can't pass it up at #14.  Our track record with 2nd rd. wideouts is so good it seems we need to go back to the well once again.

8 minutes ago, moretti19 said:

I totally agree. I think if one of Key or Ferrell is there you almost have to take them. I love what you did in FA though. I am really hoping we can get a premier FA CB and then focus a couple high picks on pass rushers in the draft. I love this drafts concept I just don't think some of the players will be there when we pick. Then again i'm so used to seeing Packer mocks in the 20s that I may be just not use to having the 14th pick. 

Archived