New Coordinators(If Needed)

vikings209

With all the attention that Shumur and Edwards are getting for HC positions around the league, we may need to look at getting one maybe two new coordinators. 

Who would you guys like to fill those roles?

If Edwards leaves I would like to see Patterson get a shot at DC. I have no clue who I'd want as OC. 

Stefanski is a fairly easy answer as the in-house OC. At DC, I think they'd look outside the organization. Would be curious if they would talk to Paul Guenther.

Another name I'd strongly consider, who doesn't have ties to the staff I don't think but does to Minnesota: Gus Bradley (Zumbrota's own)

12 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

why? let's hear him talked up. can he develop schemes? will they adapt to the players' strengths? is he creative? bold?

do we know any of these things?

Well obviously not, unless we're in the meeting rooms. But do we know that about any coach before he becomes a first-time coordinator?

"He'll be a coordinator at some point," tight end Kyle Rudolph said. "He's just a great football mind. There's a reason he's withstood all the coaches he has."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2017/08/14/vikings-qb-coach-has-weathered-the-storm-in-minnesota/104596630/

Kevin Stefanski has survived 3 coaching changes with Minnesota, going all the way back to 06. He's been the TE coach, RB coach and QB coach (most recently being promoted to the position prior to the 2017 season). He's done very well at every level he's been in, and I assume Shurmur and Zimmer have to be very impressed with how he's handled Case Keenum and the QB position this past year.

Yeah, Stefanski is my #1 choice to replace Shurmur.

Paid site, but this nugget from former Vikings QB Sage Rosenfels says a lot.

Stefanski has slowly climbed the coaching ranks the old-fashioned way, which leads me to believe he will be an offensive coordinator or head coach someday. He’s smart, organized, pragmatic, creative, confident, and the type of guy players would want to play for. By the looks of his current quarterbacks room, Rick Spielman should be patting himself on the back for insuring his current coach there has remained with the Vikings organization for such a long tenure.

https://theathletic.com//171076/2017/11/30/kevin-stefanski-minnesota-vikings-quarterbacks-coach-case-keenum-teddy-bridgewater-sam-bradford/?redirected=1

Lets also not forget that if Shurmur leaves, it’s not as if he up and takes his playbook with him, leaving Stefanski or whom ever to create and design their own. 

The offense has done extremely well in this system, and we’re all but certain to retain at least one of our impending free agent QBs. So, why bring in someone else and make the QB, as well as all of the other players, learn a new system?

Continuity is the bedrock of success. 

Agree, would be weary of Adam Zimmer promotion by his own dad...Nepotism generally yields poor results. 

Not sure if he would take the role, but if G. Edwards gets an HC job, I think it would be a Zim like move to hire Jack Del Rio. Would also LOVE Gus Bradley.

Archived