New Coordinators(If Needed)

vikings209

3 minutes ago, Cearbhall said:

I don't know. I have had bosses that I have worked for longer than 2 years that I would never choose for a position I was hiring. People have less choice in who they work for than who will work for them.

I'm sure it happens, but that situation isn't the vibe I have ever gotten from Stefanski.  He had to put up with being Chilly's coffee runner for 3 years, so he seems to be pretty adaptable and bright.  :D  

I do think there's always some initial awkwardness, or weirdness, since their roles would essentially be reversed.  But, if there's a mutual respect, it can work...and both Bevell and Stefanski, at least, in appearances, don't seem to be ill-will types of people.

3 hours ago, Cearbhall said:

I would think that Stefanski would have a say in whether Bevell would be the QB coach if he were to get promoted to OC. The two men have worked together before. It would be a bad idea to arrange for a Stefanski OC/ Bevell QB Coach arrangement if Stefanski doesn't think that they would work well together.

Gee, I can't believe Spielman and Zimmer never thought about that. It's a good thing you're around to warn them....

4 hours ago, Cearbhall said:

I would think that Stefanski would have a say in whether Bevell would be the QB coach if he were to get promoted to OC. The two men have worked together before. It would be a bad idea to arrange for a Stefanski OC/ Bevell QB Coach arrangement if Stefanski doesn't think that they would work well together.

Yeah I said this earlier when it first came up. Just think it makes a lot of sense. Bevell most likely won't see a OC job outside of here. Being the QB coach with a young guy in front of you at OC isn't a terrible option.

Either Stefanski fails and he would probably get promoted, or Stefanski does well enough you could be first in line for the next job.

43 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

With the success that the Eagles have had, I think it would be foolish not to at least interview DeFilippo. 

Especially, if Stefanski is their “fallback” plan, there’s no hurry to sign someone. 

Has Shurmur signed an OC yet? He could definitely want Stefanski. 

33 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

Has Shurmur signed an OC yet? He could definitely want Stefanski. 

No he hasn’t. But if Shurmur wanted Stefanski, and the Vikings are still in the process of interviewing candidates (meaning they aren’t sold on Stefanski), he’d be in New York by now. 

The fact that there hasn’t been any reported interviews with Stefanski any where but here, and the Vikings are still interviewing candidates, tells me that while people may respect and like Stefanski as a coach, he’s not seen as ready to take the next step. 

13 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

No he hasn’t. But if Shurmur wanted Stefanski, and the Vikings are still in the process of interviewing candidates (meaning they aren’t sold on Stefanski), he’d be in New York by now.

No I think it is a waiting game. OC here he has the play calling. If he doesn't get a job he is probably on the first flight out to NY.

If the Vikings were sold on Stefanski, he’d have the job by now. And since he doesn’t, he could have easily moved on. 

With no interview reported, only interest per an anonymous source, I’m more inclined to believe that the “interest” from New York is misinformation put out by Stefanski’s agent to try and force the Vikings’ hand. 

Archived