New Coordinators(If Needed)

vikings209

15 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

If the Vikings were sold on Stefanski, he’d have the job by now. And since he doesn’t, he could have easily moved on. 

With no interview reported, only interest per an anonymous source, I’m more inclined to believe that the “interest” from New York is misinformation put out by Stefanski’s agent to try and force the Vikings’ hand. 

He could want to stay here so he's giving the Vikings a chance before looking elsewhere. Although if the Giants wanted him, I'd think he'd at least interview there by now and let Zimmer make a decision before accepting the Giants job. 

2 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

Why would Shurmur need to interview Stefanski?

For the same reason Zimmer interviewed Stefanski. 

While shurmur is likely going to have a big hand in on the offense, he’ll have many other responsibilities that he’ll need to rely on his coordinators for certain things. 

And considering how fast the Giants hired a defensive coordinator, I question how much say a Shurmur has in his staff, or if Gettleman has his hand in things. In which case, Stefanski would likely need to interview with the GM, as well as the head coach. 

5 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

At the end of the day I think we’ll have a new OC (Bevell) and Stefanski will still be our QB coach. 

From my understanding, Stefanski may want to leave if he doesn't get the OC job this time around.

14 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

For the same reason Zimmer interviewed Stefanski. 

While shurmur is likely going to have a big hand in on the offense, he’ll have many other responsibilities that he’ll need to rely on his coordinators for certain things. 

And considering how fast the Giants hired a defensive coordinator, I question how much say a Shurmur has in his staff, or if Gettleman has his hand in things. In which case, Stefanski would likely need to interview with the GM, as well as the head coach. 

There's a slight difference between Shurmur interviewing Stefanski and Zimmer interviewing Stefanski, as there is a whole other level of management in between them while working here.  Zimmer, while he certainly knows Stefanski, may not have dealt with him as closely on a daily basis as Shurmur did.  

I personally buy the argument first that Stefanski is waiting on the outcome of his interview with Zimmer.  It doesn't affect Shurmur either way because Shurmur's going to be the one in full charge of the offense in NY and will be calling the plays.  Stefanski would just be Shurmur's version of George Edwards.  

I do find it interesting that we haven’t heard of any other team interviews regarding the candidates we’ve interviewed. And that’s why I think Bevell is likely the leading candidate for the job. 

Although, there’s clearly some very strong interest in DeFilippo. 

1 minute ago, VikeManDan said:

I honestly don't know if I could rank these candidates in the order I'd want them. They each seem to bring something different to the table which is intriguing. 

Agreed.  I'm really okay with any of them.  They do appear to each bring along something a little different, yet, they all have some sort of connection to either each other or Sparano.  

6 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

What OC positions are still open?

Colts/Giants/Vikings are the last three.  Imagine the Vikings is most appealing due to combination of talent as well as the ability to run the show.  McDaniels and Shurmur will be calling the plays.

ETA: Could add Patriots since they will have to replace McDaniels.

1 hour ago, VikeManDan said:

So if Stefanski wants it it's his in NY.

And if we want him to stay in the organization, it probably has to be as OC. He's not turning down a OC job elsewhere to be QB coach here, I'd assume.

8 hours ago, Klomp said:

And if we want him to stay in the organization, it probably has to be as OC. He's not turning down a OC job elsewhere to be QB coach here, I'd assume.

Unless you offer him something like Assistant HC/QB Coach. 

You’d have to admit that if he goes to NY he’s really only going to be an OC in title only.

Archived