New Coordinators(If Needed)

vikings209

2 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

That doesn't make very much sense at all. It's not like the Eagles advancing to the super bowl was new information we kinda were there when it happened.

More like they thought they may get an opportunity to interview John DeFilippo during the bye week prior to the Super Bowl. But it didn't work  likely due to Zimmer deciding to hold interviews at his house in Kentucky instead of Minnesota. So instead of having the decision made earlier they had to wait until after the game was done to interview DeFilippo.

16 minutes ago, BigBearSD said:

That doesn't make very much sense at all. It's not like the Eagles advancing to the super bowl was new information we kinda were there when it happened.

Yeah I don't get the reasoning of that tweet either.

“I’m going to have my opportunity to call plays again,” DeFilippo said. “I had my opportunity to call plays last year several places. Who knows what’s going to happen after Sunday?

“I’m in no rush to the leave the Eagles. If an opportunity presented itself, like a head-coaching job, then obviously you’ve [got] to take a look at it.“You just don’t leave the Eagles, being from Philadelphia, when you have a franchise quarterback that the whole building believes in, when you have a really good defense, a really good coaching staff, a head coach that you love working for and offensive coordinator that you love working with. There’s a lot of positives.”

https://nypost.com/2018/02/04/qb-coach-rebuilt-career-from-ground-up-with-eagles/

His coaching experience includes working with QB standouts JaMarcus Russell, Mark Sanchez, Terrelle Pryor, rookie Derek Carr, Johnny Manziel, Carson Wentz and Nick Foles

2 hours ago, Klomp said:

Yeah I don't get the reasoning of that tweet either.

If the Vikings had beaten the Eagles, they would have been able to interview DeFilippo last week, hence the earlier report about making a decision last week. But since they lost to the Eagles they needed to wait until after the Super Bowl. 

Remember, since DeFilippo isn’t interviewing for a HC spot, he couldn’t interview before the Eagles’ season was done. 

42 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

If the Vikings had beaten the Eagles, they would have been able to interview DeFilippo last week, hence the earlier report about making a decision last week. But since they lost to the Eagles they needed to wait until after the Super Bowl. 

Remember, since DeFilippo isn’t interviewing for a HC spot, he couldn’t interview before the Eagles’ season was done. 

Why would the Vikings interview someone while preparing for the super bowl before shurmur officially left? 

Archived