New Coordinators(If Needed)

vikings209

It’s not really even what the type of offense the new coach will run for me. It’s what they do for adjusting the offense to help run it efficiently with any given QB. Make the adjustments. 

We saw that in Minnesota from going from Bradford to Case. Big reason why Shurmur got a HCing gig.

Now looking at the Eagles they made a big swing of a change in what they were doing with Nick Foles. They already came out and said Flip played a big part in that. 

Flip got the best out of Manziel, played a huge part in Wentz. I’d be fine with letting him to choose the Vet of choice and draft a QB.

5 hours ago, disaacs said:

If DeFilippo is hired as the OC, that's quite possible.  They've not worked together, but they were both QB coach for the Raiders...DeFilippo under Dennis Allen/Sparano, and Downing under Del Rio.  

Ah there's a connection I was looking for.

I sure hope the Colts don’t end up hiring Flip as HC now, seems like he’s Minny’s top target for OC. Haven’t seen very many reports that the Colts would be interested in him for the gig. But it would sure throw a wrench in our plans.

Stefanski would then be the front runner in that case probably. 

I still think the best option would be to promote Stefanski to OC and grab Bevell as the QB Coach/ Assistant HC. Stefanski has a lot of experience on the offensive side of the ball and with our current players. If he is successful, you can expect that he could start getting some looks as a HC as early as next year, especially if team’s want to find the next McVay. This leaves a smooth transition option for Bevell to role back in as the OC in the case that Stefanski leaves, or fails and needs immediate replacement (a la Shurmur with Turner). Stefanski could continue to receive support and tutelage from an experienced offensive coach, and Bevell could play a huge role in developing Bridgewater if he is retained or a rookie QB if we go that route. 

If Stefanski leaves for NY (which I think is a strong possibility), then I still think Bevell is the next best option in line. His offense in Seattle would suit our current team composition very well, and again, he would be a positive when considering our QB situation going forward. 

DeFillipo is intriguing, but i’m not sold on his resume. He has developed Wentz well, and the offense adjusted for Foles well, but neither of these things may be immediately related to DeFillipo. He surely had a hand in developing Wentz, but part of the success has to be contributed to Wentz generally being good and Pederson and Reich will need to receive some of the credit as well. With McDaniels off the table, I expect the Colt’s to begin scrambling and DeFillipo should be high on their list.

9 minutes ago, NorthCountryEvo said:

I still think the best option would be to promote Stefanski to OC and grab Bevell as the QB Coach/ Assistant HC. Stefanski has a lot of experience on the offensive side of the ball and with our current players. If he is successful, you can expect that he could start getting some looks as a HC as early as next year, especially if team’s want to find the next McVay. This leaves a smooth transition option for Bevell to role back in as the OC in the case that Stefanski leaves, or fails and needs immediate replacement (a la Shurmur with Turner). Stefanski could continue to receive support and tutelage from an experienced offensive coach, and Bevell could play a huge role in developing Bridgewater if he is retained or a rookie QB if we go that route. 

This is where I'm at right now as well.

6 hours ago, NorthCountryEvo said:

I still think the best option would be to promote Stefanski to OC and grab Bevell as the QB Coach/ Assistant HC. Stefanski has a lot of experience on the offensive side of the ball and with our current players.

Personally, I would have done that a week ago.  

Colts are interviewing Frank Reich.  Not sure if this would be an impetus for DeFilippo to stay given he would still not be calling plays (and assuming Reich gets job) though it makes things more interesting.  A lot of dominoes falling with the McDaniels situation.

9 minutes ago, RJWSkol24 said:

Colts are interviewing Frank Reich.  Not sure if this would be an impetus for DeFilippo to stay given he would still not be calling plays (and assuming Reich gets job) though it makes things more interesting.  A lot of dominoes falling with the McDaniels situation.

I would think it would, considering his rumored interest in staying in Philly.  If Reich gets the job (which he could because of his previous relationship with Irsay), then DeFilippo would likely just get promoted to OC in Philly.  

Archived