New Coordinators(If Needed)

vikings209

1 minute ago, skywindO2 said:

I don't like McAdoo. I don't know much about his offense style but given how his offenses have produced, I don't think the players on the roster are the right fit for his offense. 

He's a Packers' guy...that's probably where the friction would lie.  And actually, I think the players on the roster are the right fit for his offense, as I would think his offensive style is probably more suited to the YAC style that McCarthy is known for.  

One aspect of hiring Bevell as OC that I think is being overlooked is his playoff experience, and success. 

With all of the former head coaches and experienced coaches on our staff, as well as our current head coach, there’s not a lot of playoff experience, and more importantly, playoff success on the staff. 

4 hours ago, gopherwrestler said:

They also only ended up with 5 rushing TD's

Yeah, I was thinking about this fact the other day. I know they didn't have anyone of Cook's caliber, but it'd still be slightly concerning.

4 hours ago, BWG VIKE said:

One thing that is certain with Zimmer is that he values experience when it comes to his offensive coaching staff as he seems to lean on them pretty hard allowing him to focus more on the defense and in game management. I could seem them promoting Stefanski to keep continuity offensively but I would still expect one of either McAdoo, McCoy or BeVell to take over QB coach.

He may not have coordinator experience yet, but he's been around the team longer than anyone else. He's coached in multiple schemes and at multiple position groups. But yes, I do think a veteran QB coach would probably be hired to help a bit.

10 minutes ago, Klomp said:

He may not have coordinator experience yet, but he's been around the team longer than anyone else. He's coached in multiple schemes and at multiple position groups. But yes, I do think a veteran QB coach would probably be hired to help a bit.

Agreed.  I do think that would be appropriate.  

2 minutes ago, RJWSkol24 said:

I don't have a strong opinion one way or another on Bevell, though I feel one play in the Super Bowl has clouded the entire perception of him.  I could get on board if Bevell is the guy.

I agree.  I think, if the rumors are true, that it's either Bevell or Stefanski, then it's down to either Teddy or Case returning as the starting QB, as those would likely be the 2 QBs that would fit their systems best (as I believe Stefanski would lean more towards the intermediate WCO).  

11 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

I would like the Bevell hire. He got a bad rap when he was here because he was stuck with abysmal QBs, but he was good in Seattle. 

His scheme would be a good fit for our talent and QBs, and he has lots of playoff experience. 

Bevell took the blame for what were Childress’s faults. Childress has control of the roster, Childress had a heavy hand in the gameplane, and Childress called the plays. In reality, Bevell was an OC in title only. 

What you saw in Seattle was the real Bevell at OC. And I would be very happy with that. 

This gives me enough reason to seriously consider Bevell:

Looking to upgrade from quarterback Tarvaris Jackson, Bevell scouted Wisconsin senior Russell Wilson. He was one of only a few scouts to attend Wilson's pro-day, and the Seahawks ultimately drafted him in the third round. Upon selecting Wilson, coach Pete Carroll stated, "It was Bevell's project."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darrell_Bevell#Coaching_career

Archived