New Coordinators(If Needed)

vikings209

Going back to your alma mater and talking your team into drafting someone are to very different things. 

Bevell is a good coach, especially with QBs. What he’s done with Russell Wilson shouldn’t be overlooked, and while Jackson never turned into what he was advertised when drafted. I can’t help but believe Bevell got the most out of him as well, which was a top level backup. 

One important note on Bevell: he's committed to running the ball (except on the goal line in the Super Bowl xD). That's something that Zimmer often preaches, and it fits well with the philosophy of the rest of the team. Don't forget about Dalvin Cook! Someone like McAdoo doesn't have even close to that type of pedigree, so it's strange to see us linked to him.

From an Arizona blog:

Bevell’s offenses have finished inside the top ten of rushing in 7 of 12 seasons as an OC and 16th or higher in 9 of 12 seasons.
Bevell’s offenses have finished inside the top ten in scoring in 5 of 12 seasons and inside the top 15 in 8 of 12 seasons.

https://www.revengeofthebirds.com/2018/1/23/16925738/offensive-coordinator-search-darrell-bevell-arizona-cardinals

I'd like to see Bevell back.

-He might have a QB in Teddy that, while I don't think he'll ever be Russell Wilson, he does have a little bit of Wilson in him in terms of being mobile and making plays with his feet when need be but not totally reliant on running.

-He'll have a running back that has potential to be on Marshawn Lynch's level or maybe even better.

-He'll have a lot more receiving options than he ever had in Seattle as Thielen, Diggs, Rudolph are better than the likes of Golden Tate, Jermaine Kearse, Doug Baldwin, Zach Miller, and somewhat past his prime Jimmy Graham.

-He'll also be dealing with a better o-line (and hopefully improving) that finished 6th in pass blocking and 19th in run blocking compared to Seattle being ranked 31st and 26th in 2017 and 26th and 25th in 2016. (Per Football Outsiders' algorithm).

Bevell's offenses were also good enough to supplement an elite defense making it to the Super Bowl twice where they should have won both games (granted it was with a top-10 QB....)

3 hours ago, vike daddy said:

Mike Zimmer will interview Vikings quarterbacks coach Kevin Stefanski at his ranch in northern Kentucky this weekend, Ben Goessling of the Star Tribune reports.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/01/24/vikings-will-interview-kevin-stefanski-for-offensive-coordinator/

I would definitely be fine with either Bevell or Stefanski, however, I wonder if Zimmer wants a guy with experience since this team is so close. 

Yeah, it's kind of picky with how the URL is formatted.

As for the idea of Sean Ryan, I'm curious. I'm wondering if looking at him might be if they are thinking of bringing in a younger QB or keeping Teddy around after the work that he did with Watson this past season. Get Sean Ryan, draft Lamar Jackson, hope it works again.

14 minutes ago, The Gnat said:

Yeah, it's kind of picky with how the URL is formatted.

As for the idea of Sean Ryan, I'm curious. I'm wondering if looking at him might be if they are thinking of bringing in a younger QB or keeping Teddy around after the work that he did with Watson this past season. Get Sean Ryan, draft Lamar Jackson, hope it works again.

He spent 9 years under Coughlin with the Giants as both QB coach and WR coach at various times.  I wonder if Zimmer was asked to interview him by either Parcells (who I'm sure still has extensive connections with the Giants) or the Wilfs, who of course have lots of connections with the Giants.  

Archived