Three Jaguars make PFF’s All Pro Team

pwny

55 minutes ago, Jags said:

This is nice to see. Now to see this team continue to improve. Even with the PFF rankings, would it be too much for me to say that Bouye had a better season than Ramsey? 

I think Ramsey covered #1s more often, so that really could be the difference between them in passer rating. I feel like Ramsey is a better run defender too. 

That said, regardless of which one you want to rate higher, having Ramsey and Bouye together is just plain unfair. I am elated to have them both. Can you believe there were people who said Ramsey couldn’t play Corner? And people who said we should keep House and Amukamara instead of getting Bouye? 

21 hours ago, iPwn said:

I think Ramsey covered #1s more often, so that really could be the difference between them in passer rating. I feel like Ramsey is a better run defender too. 

That said, regardless of which one you want to rate higher, having Ramsey and Bouye together is just plain unfair. I am elated to have them both. Can you believe there were people who said Ramsey couldn’t play Corner? And people who said we should keep House and Amukamara instead of getting Bouye? 

I was one of the few who said the latter portion. 

16 hours ago, iPwn said:

Oh. This is awkward. ?

Okay let me clear this out. I knew Ramsey could play CB, but not at this level (I always thought he'd be a better safety, but I never doubted his ability to play CB). As for Prince and House, I wanted House gone and Prince I wanted to keep as a nickel (he was a sure tackler). I did underestimate Bouye. I was weary of taking a guy who seemed to be a 1 year wonder, but after doing research, you could see the amount of work he put in at UCF, in Houston and how he got better each year. 

2 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Was him playing CB seriously a concern?

According to some people, yes. There were a number of people here and in the “online draft community” that thought he didn’t have the tools to play Corner and would have to transition to Safety if he was to find success in football.

If you remember training camp his rookie year, when Allen Robinson made that insane sideline catch that got posted everywhere? Well Jalen was covering and didn’t track the ball correctly. It got posted in the Gen “training camp” thread so that those people could boast about how they were right about Jalen’s inability to cover receivers one-on-one.

Frankly though - most people are morons when it comes to scouting though. I’ll never forget that a gif of a LT hitting Khalil Mack from the side and knocking him off balance was passed around as “proof” that he didn’t have the strength to play in the NFL. 

I’ll hold those against people forever. Jalen was the best CB prospect in a long, long time. He had all the tools to start from day one and be a top 15 CB even if he didn’t develop at all. And some people were out there like “he can’t even play the position”. Imagine being that bad at something that you think that someone who has all those skills is actually bad.

1 hour ago, iPwn said:

According to some people, yes. There were a number of people here and in the “online draft community” that thought he didn’t have the tools to play Corner and would have to transition to Safety if he was to find success in football.

I’ll hold those against people forever. Jalen was the best CB prospect in a long, long time. He had all the tools to start from day one and be a top 15 CB even if he didn’t develop at all. And some people were out there like “he can’t even play the position”. Imagine being that bad at something that you think that someone who has all those skills is actually bad.

I still can't believe you guys got him. Never been so bummed about a pick before :(

1 hour ago, iPwn said:

If you remember training camp his rookie year, when Allen Robinson made that insane sideline catch that got posted everywhere? Well Jalen was covering and didn’t track the ball correctly. It got posted in the Gen “training camp” thread so that those people could boast about how they were right about Jalen’s inability to cover receivers one-on-one.

Frankly though - most people are morons when it comes to scouting though. I’ll never forget that a gif of a LT hitting Khalil Mack from the side and knocking him off balance was passed around as “proof” that he didn’t have the strength to play in the NFL. 

I'll never forget when Goodell said the Cowboys select Zeke and me going bat**** crazy with a few buddies of mine when we were watching the draft.

Never thought there was a chance in hell he dropped to us, but sure enough...

1 hour ago, .Buzz said:

I'll never forget when Goodell said the Cowboys select Zeke and me going bat**** crazy with a few buddies of mine when we were watching the draft.

Never thought there was a chance in hell he dropped to us, but sure enough...

I was at the draft when it happened. @bucsfan333 and @Gmen4ev were congratulating me when Zeke got picked. And all I could think was “they’re going to f this up”.

6 hours ago, iPwn said:

I was at the draft when it happened. @bucsfan333 and @Gmen4ev were congratulating me when Zeke got picked. And all I could think was “they’re going to f this up”.

I remember you saying on D2 how you finally thought the Jags were turning it around. They drafted Jack and you for the first time I can ever remember were happy about the team lol

Archived