Most safe bet sure thing player in this draft?

Vladimir L

I agree Nelson seems like a sure thing, very solid guard but will be curious how high he goes.  Barkley in terms of a combo between character and athletic superiority seems like a very sure thing as well.  Was not in the best run system at Penn State but still made it work and like they said during his last game will flat out wow people at the combine no doubt.

Two others would be Vita Vea and Minkah Fitzpatrick.  Would be hard to believe Vea could not be put on a 3/4 defense and be set for the next 10 years or so, is athletic enough to even play DE in some 3/4 systems, really special player and I feel the best DT in the draft.  Then you have Fitzpatrick, would be hard to believe he will fail at the next level, regardless if he plays corner or more likely FS, kid can play and is a very pure and solid cover man

All Safe Pick Team

Offense

QB Rosen

RB Saquon

TE  Andrews/Goedert

WR Not sure, but I lean towards Washington or Gallup

LT Okorofor

LG Nelson

C Price

RG Hernandez

RT Brown

4-3 Defense

DE Chubb

DT Not sure, haven't scouted any DT's

WLB Roquan

MLB Kiser or Vander Esch

SLB Edmunds

S Derwin

CB Oliver

I'll go Bradley Chubb. 

He is one of the most intelligent DE's I have ever seen. He has a motor that runs hot, plays the run very well. He also has a bunch of moves. Unless some serious red flag comes up at the combine, he seems like an incredibly safe pick.

1 minute ago, MNPackfan32 said:

I'll go Bradley Chubb. 

He is one of the most intelligent DE's I have ever seen. He has a motor that runs hot, plays the run very well. He also has a bunch of moves. Unless some serious red flag comes up at the combine, he seems like an incredibly safe pick.

I said it before but he plays with his eyes as good if not better than any DE I can remember coming out 

1 hour ago, Jeezla said:

WLB Roquan

Boy his ability to defend the run game in traffic scares me. He's unreal when he's unblocked and can scrape and chase. He's a liability when an OL gets their mitts on him. He gets driven back badly. He also is a tad slow to react sometimes. I like Roquan as a WLB (only spot he can play on D IMO), but I wouldn't call him safe. He's too easily bullied.

As for who I'd replace him with as the "safe" WLB? Nobody probably. I don't think there is a "safe" linebacker in this class. Everyone has a significant flaw.

12 minutes ago, MNPackfan32 said:

I'll go Bradley Chubb. 

I don't think he's a good enough athlete to be labeled a sure thing. Very average athlete with insane intangibles. I understand "safe" has elements of intangibles attached to it, but you have to be a + athlete to play DE in the NFL. I have doubts he'll consistently bend the edge and harass the QB with something outside of the bull rush. He also gets knocked around more than I'd like in the run game...seems to lack great balance for a guy that is built that strong. He's a great player, but I'm poking holes in his game to identify why I don't think he's safe.

My safest pick is Quenton Nelson. Followed by Saquon Barkley. Followed by Derwin James. Those guys have the least discernable flaws to their game. Also Anthony Miller. He's going to be productive, I just question his game changing ability.

Archived