Wild Card Week Mock Draft. 2nd round added Jan 6th

zappa13004

1 hour ago, BroncoSojia said:

Swap the 5th and 6th pick and I'm fine.

Yeah i know Allen is raw, he had bad showing vs better competition. But this kid has tools and the pick on that mock, as you read it, is to say Joseph will know it more than us because of his ties with Wyoming guys. We're still very early in this process so maybe Allen will be a top 5 pick, maybe a late second rounder ?

4 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

Other Bengals fans will likely disagree, but if Calvin Ridley falls to 12 with the Brown, Nelson, and Smith all taken, I think I take him.  I know we just spent a #9 overall pick on John Ross, but Ridley is a top 4 talent in this draft in my opinion.  Green/Ridley/Ross/Boyd/Malone would be a helluva WR group.  I'm also not that high on McGlinchey, he really struggled against his tougher competition this year.  If we could trade down and still take Billy Price, that would probably be ideal in this first 11 picks scenario.

I mean, in fairness, it won't matter that you took a receiver this year since Ridley probably wouldn't play for Lewis until 2019 anyway lol. 

Lions won't be going CB early in the draft. Slay is obviously the #1 CB in Detroit, but Tabor looks like he's on a good path to be a very good #2 CB. He took over in the slot to end the season when Quandre Diggs moved to safety and Tabor was very good in that role. The Lions will need a 3rd CB, but that will be addressed by either bringing back Nevin Lawson or signing an outside free agent. The Lions are more likely to take a defensive lineman or a linebacker (Roquan Smith if he falls) in round one, with runningback having an outside chance at being the pick if they address everything else in free agency.

59 minutes ago, mr fluffles said:

Love the Wilkins pick for the Bills. 

Although I would prefer another front seven player, I also like the Love pick, and your analysis is on point.. I would be happy to have a Dion Lewis type tackle breaking running back in our offense.

Perso, i would like to see the Bills taking Harrison Phillips in the second. Wilkins is very good and can play both the run and the pass so i like it.

57 minutes ago, bigdog2372 said:

I wouldn’t hate this for the Bucs with Chubb gone. Especially seeing what Dallas’s line does for that team. I agree though, the rest of the draft MUST be defense and we have to go after pass rushers in FA.

I think B.Chubb or Barkley would be the best pick the Bucs can make but i think both will be gone. Nelson at LG and Donovan Smith could look better, his presence will raise the level up

1 hour ago, IDOG_det said:

Lions won't be going CB early in the draft.

I really do not have that position as a need for the Lions. Roquan Smith gone in this mock. I thought about Wilkins but a Lions'fan explained to me than he does not fit the system. Ferrell ? I think Ansah will be back and on the other side they like bigger DE like Zettel who is nice so i passed on Ferrell. At some point i thought Josh Jackson could be kind of BPA and it is not like you were totally set at the position so...About RB i do not think Guice, K.Johnson or Harris are 1st round pick or at least i think a guy like Josh Jackson is more legit than them, especially with such a deep deep class at RB.

Why did you go breaking my spirit like that?  nelson, Brown and Roquan going right in front of us?  Don't punish us for beating the ravens... We made an entire generation of Bills fans have a super holiday weekend.  

As for this scenario, I agree with Duke, trade back for Price.

2 hours ago, zappa13004 said:

I really do not have that position as a need for the Lions. Roquan Smith gone in this mock. I thought about Wilkins but a Lions'fan explained to me than he does not fit the system. Ferrell ? I think Ansah will be back and on the other side they like bigger DE like Zettel who is nice so i passed on Ferrell. At some point i thought Josh Jackson could be kind of BPA and it is not like you were totally set at the position so...About RB i do not think Guice, K.Johnson or Harris are 1st round pick or at least i think a guy like Josh Jackson is more legit than them, especially with such a deep deep class at RB.

Even if they bring Ansah back DE will be a need. Ansah is often injured, Zettel has had a few solid games but should not be relied on as a starter, and Kerry Hyder will be returning from an achilles tear so there is no way to know if he will be able to return to form and continue his development. It's hard to say who will be a "system fit" since the Lions currently don't have a head coach and may have a new defensive coordinator next year. The Lions will be looking to hit a major need with their first round pick. DE, DT, LG, LB, and RB are the major needs currently on the roster. LB and LG will likely be addressed in free agency. DE and DT could be addressed in free agency, but the Lions need a LOT of help there. RB will likely be addressed in the draft, although later in the mid rounds. Your best bet is to give the Lions a DE or DT.

6 minutes ago, IDOG_det said:

Even if they bring Ansah back DE will be a need. Ansah is often injured, Zettel has had a few solid games but should not be relied on as a starter, and Kerry Hyder will be returning from an achilles tear so there is no way to know if he will be able to return to form and continue his development. It's hard to say who will be a "system fit" since the Lions currently don't have a head coach and may have a new defensive coordinator next year. The Lions will be looking to hit a major need with their first round pick. DE, DT, LG, LB, and RB are the major needs currently on the roster. LB and LG will likely be addressed in free agency. DE and DT could be addressed in free agency, but the Lions need a LOT of help there. RB will likely be addressed in the draft, although later in the mid rounds. Your best bet is to give the Lions a DE or DT.

Thanks for your opinion.

Yeah, anyone who says a player doesn't fit the Lions D system is talking out their butt. No one is sure what the system will be. But I do know a couple of things: 1, the Lions don't have the D-Line talent to run any system very well right now, and 2, defensive backfield personnel don't vary too much from system to system, and the Lions have several good defensive backs, even a couple (Tabor, Agnew) of young guys who could do more next year. I would hope they wouldn't spend a first-round pick on a CB unless they really hit some homers in free agency.

23 hours ago, zappa13004 said:

15- Cardinals : Connor Williams OT Texas
I know some consider Lamar Jackson as a 1st round pick, not me.
Williams would fill another pressing need.

I would flip s*** if we passed on Lamar Jackson. Especially for a Tackle this early.

Hopefully that doesn’t happen in the real draft. 

Archived