Ravens QB Joe Flacco suffers back injury

pwny

22 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

The running game hasn't been bad since the terrible Ray Rice year. Maybe not stellar but Forssett/Allen/West have put up right about 4 ypc consistently. Steve Smith/Mike Wallace have basically been possession receivers. He needs a Torrey Smith to stretch the field. Maybe Perriman can be that. Flacco's air yards per attempt over the last two years have been worse than Alex Smith. That isn't using him to the best of his ability. When Flacco has had decent years his air yards per attempt have been in the high 3's and low 4's. The last two years they have been in the low 3's and every down year he has had they have been below 3.5 and every decent year they have been 3.69 or better. I don't think it is a coincidence. He may not have the personnel to be successful but it's the short passing game that I think it hurting him and and it has changed who he is as a QB and he just isn't that good as a short possession QB.

Their ranking in rushing yards over the last four years:

2013: 30th

2014: 8th

2015: 26th

2016: 28th

I agree that they're not using Flacco correctly, but there are reasons why that is (which I stated above).

3 hours ago, wackywabbit said:

One losing season (that Flacco didn't even finish) in 9 years. And a team with Flacco can't sniff the playoffs, eh?

Not surprising to people who follow or are actually with the team

Football is a team game last time I checked? You can't blame flacco for not playing well because his offensive cast isn't good, then credit him for his record when the Ravens have featured some damn good defenses.

5 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Football is a team game last time I checked? You can't blame flacco for not playing well because his offensive cast isn't good, then credit him for his record when the Ravens have featured some damn good defenses.

YOU can't dismiss all the wins as due to great defenses (which hasn't always been the case anyway) and then write off the impact of his offensive supporting cast in limiting his QB stats. 

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, RavensfanRD said:

What the hell did he just say? lol

Basically theres a time and before or after that everything can be adjusted and we know and they know everything is gonna be fine. And Joe knows, we can adjust if things aren't there when we want, but we know and Joe knows.

Archived