Wild Card Playoff vs Titans

Edge

1 hour ago, samsel23 said:

Can we all just agree the whole ref crew was awful,  but none of those calls were reasons we lost.  

Yeah, the refs were absolutely abysmal today. To think that they are considered one of the top crews in the NFL speaks volumes to the real officiating crisis the NFL is facing. Both sides have their share of calls to complain about, but overall, it was just a horrendously called game.

Anyways, that one might have taken a couple years off my life. I have absolutely no idea what the staff was doing completely taking the ball out of Hunt's hands in that second half. Probably saved us.

7 minutes ago, renndawg37 said:

You ended up scoring a touchdown on the same possession where Kelce clearly fumbled. Give me a break. 

I didn't see the Kelce fumble, as I was at the game. However, I will concede that ultimately it was our second half poo show that caused us to lose.

But it can't be denied that the refs made a horrible call with that sack/fumble.

9 minutes ago, renndawg37 said:

You ended up scoring a touchdown on the same possession where Kelce clearly fumbled. Give me a break. 

Was it the deciding factor? No. But we have a right to not be happy with it. This is the Chiefs board, so how's about you give US a break, go enjoy your win and let us talk it out.

You can see him gather it back in a split second prior to the defender grabbing it out of his hand. So no it wasn't "clearly".

Just now, RaidersAreOne said:

Can someone tell me what happened exactly? I didn't get to see the game and am legitimately wondering how the second half collapsed happened. 

When we've won, we fed Hunt.

When we've lost, we starved Hunt.

We were up by 2 scores playing like we were down 2 scores. Alex played scared per usual vs zone blitz and let the offense fade with his confidence. Kelce going out hurt, Chris Jones got hurt shortly after really hurt. Play calling sucked, execution sucked worse. Henry is a horse with shoulder pads.

That's about all I got boss..sucks.

4 minutes ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

Was it the deciding factor? No. But we have a right to not be happy with it. This is the Chiefs board, so how's about you give US a break, go enjoy your win and let us talk it out.

You can see him gather it back in a split second prior to the defender grabbing it out of his hand. So no it wasn't "clearly".

Putting a limp hand on the ball doesn't equal a recovery. But alright. 

22 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Can someone tell me what happened exactly? I didn't get to see the game and am legitimately wondering how the second half collapsed happened. 

Handful of things. Alex regressed. Some classic Alex 0 yard scrambles and too rapid check downs. Injuries to Kelce and Jones hurt. Orson Charles dropped a sure 3rd down conversion late in the game when he ideally wouldn't have been on the field. Play calling got suspect on both sides of the ball. A speed option on 3rd and 1. On D we overloaded the line on the right with slow run stuffers just to leave a huge hole on the left for Henry to run through, and our healthy guys were the types to not have the speed to make the play before Henry reached the line. Some bad luck (fumble shenanigans being discussed above, Mariota's self-caught TD pass, injuries to Kelce and Jones.) The defense wound up just completely exhausted by the end of the 3rd quarter, or so. Long run heavy drive followed by 3 and out on O followed by long run heavy drive.

A full-team collapse with some uncontrollable circumstances thrown in for good measure. You'll find different scapegoats depending on who you ask. Some blame Reid. Some will blame the D. Some will blame Alex. This kind of loss takes a team, though.

10 hours ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

Foot on line and ball leaves hand passed line...

For the record, the rule is your whole body has to be passed the LOS in order for it to be illegal.  You can step on the line or your body can even be in front of it, as long as you still have one foot behind the line, it's a legal pass.   I saw the details of that ruling years ago on a play with Donovan McNabb.

No way we should fire Reid. He has only had winning seasons since he's our coach. Got 4 times in the playoffs. That's better than everything we had in the near past. There aren't many coaches in the NFL who are doing better than that and i wouldn't take many coaches in the league above him in general. Firing Reid would be a hasty reaction.

It's the right move to give Reid some time and let him work on Mahomes. Hopefully Nagy stays with us as well. After everything we saw, i'm more than confident that both coaches together will get something really good out of Mahomes.

20 minutes ago, Edge said:

No way we should fire Reid. He has only had winning seasons since he's our coach. Got 4 times in the playoffs. That's better than everything we had in the near past. There aren't many coaches in the NFL who are doing better than that and i wouldn't take many coaches in the league above him in general. Firing Reid would be a hasty reaction.

It's the right move to give Reid some time and let him work on Mahomes. Hopefully Nagy stays with us as well. After everything we saw, i'm more than confident that both coaches together will get something really good out of Mahomes.

Do you feel he is the man to win you a super bowl?  If so, what are you basing this on?

Archived